Ed Sheeran (4) Week Of December 2, 2017

This week's countdown is okay. We do say goodbye to a song that's in my Top 5 songs of the year. We also say goodbye to some short-tenured songs on the countdown. We do have an annoying biggest jump this week, which I'm not very pleased to see. But it's still okay. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Evaride - Heartless
Sabrina Carpenter - Why

Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons - Thunder
The Countdown:
#45. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#43)
#44. The Script - Rain (#38) [Please jump!]
#43. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (#41)
#42. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#42) [Please leave!]
#41. Charlie Puth - Attention (#36) [You too!]
#40. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place (#28) [Ouch.]
#39. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#40) [GO AWAY!!!]
#38. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#39)
#37. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn (#34)
#36. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#35)
#35. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#33) [LEAVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!]
#34. Harry Styles - Kiwi (DEBUT)
#33. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#14) [WHAT THE HECK, DUDE???!!!]
#32. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (DEBUT) [Let's go!]
#31. Zayn Malik/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#29)
#30. Ed Sheeran - Castle O The Hill (#32) [LEAVE OR I'M GONNA LOSE IT!!!!!!]
#29. Nick Jonas - Find You (DEBUT)
#28. Linkin Park - One More Light (#23) [STOP DROPPING!!!]
#27. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#27)
#26. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#31)
#25. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#17)
#24. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#22)
#23. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#30)
#22. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#24)
#21. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (#28)
#20. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#37)
#19. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#12)
#18. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
#17. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#20)
#16. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#21)
#15. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#15)
#14. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#18) [YES!!!]
#13. Kesha - Praying (#13)
#12. Charlie Puth - How Long (#16)
#11. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#7)
#10. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#9)
#9. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#6)
#8. P!nk - What About Us (#8)
#7. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#5)
#6. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#11)
#5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#3)
#4. Halsey - Bad At Love (#2) [No! I thought you had a chance at #1 this week!]
#3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#3)
#2. Camila Cabello - Havana (#4) [Uh oh.]
#1. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#10) [4th Week At #1] [Glad to see you making your comeback.]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (8th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (+17) has now jumped all the way to the Top 20. Not cool, Hits 1. Not cool at all! It better drop out of here soon.
Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (-19) has unfortunately had a bad drop out of the Top 30 from the Top 20 this week. Voters, please get this song back in the Top 20!

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Harry Styles - Kiwi: It's a cool song that sounds like it was made in the 80's. Harry's vocals were so amazing, the chorus sounded awesome and I love the lyrics in this one. And of course, this song doesn't make me want to eat kiwi. I hope it does extremely great on this countdown.

X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself: Long time Hit Bound veteran and the best countdown entrant this week. I heard that song a lot on Alt Nation a couple of months ago. I do love the vocals in this one. I think this song should reach the height of Renegades and Unsteady. I hope it does well on this countdown.

Nick Jonas - Find You: It's been a while since we heard from him since his previous single, Bacon, from last year. Now, on to the song. I love the production and Nick has an outstanding voice. Maybe it's going to do great on this countdown. Let's see if it does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect: I don't want this song to drop. I just want it to hit #1 here soon. But I'm okay with Galway Girl being back at the top this week. But I would be so pleased if I see this one hit #1 here. Let's see if it does soon.
4. Halsey - Bad At Love: I thought this song has a chance at #1 this week. But I hope this song does next week. Because this is the best song that I've ever heard from her. So let's vote for this song at #1 next week.
3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder: It dropped out of the top spot. I still want this song to stay in the Top 5. I even want this song to go back to the Top 5 anytime soon. I do want Whatever It Takes to debut the countdown next week because this hit #1 last week. So, let's see if it does.
2. Camila Cabello - Havana: It looks like it's going to the top soon. I don't want this song to do that. Let's see if it doesn't.
1. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl: It re-entered the Top 5 to the top spot. I'm glad to see this song making it's comeback. Let's see how long it takes to hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Bruno Mars - Chunky
2. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
3. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (DEBUT)
4. Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno - Best Friend
5. Walk The Moon - One Foot
6. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (DEBUT)
7. Spencer Barnett - Whatever (DEBUT)
8. Wolves - Animal
9. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
10. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
11. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
12. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
13. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
14. Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up: I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. The vocals were better than Weak. I do enjoy Rivers Cuomo's part. I think this song is going to stay on Hit Bound for a long time. Let's see if I'm wrong.

Louis Tomlinson - Miss You: This song was overplayed on Hits 1 yesterday. Louis' vocals are so amazing. The chorus sounded awesome. Let's see if it'll debut the countdown next week.

Spencer Barnett - Whatever: He guest-hosted Hit Bound this week because Mikey Piff has the weekend off. Now, on to the song. I have never heard of him before this song. He does have a great voice. I love the production and the lyrics were outstanding. It's going to be on Hit Bound for a long time because no one has ever heard of him, but we'll see how long it can stay on Hit Bound.


My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
19. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry

1 - Bad:
18. Camila Cabello - Havana

2 - Mediocre:
17. Imagine Dragons - Believer

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
15. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
14. P!nk - What About Us
13. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
12. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
11. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
10. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
9. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
8. Halsey - Bad At Love
7. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
6. Kesha - Praying
5. Charlie Puth - How Long
4. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
3. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
2. Ed Sheeran - Perfect

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still

Total Score: 84/100 = 84% (B)

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Wow! Great post. So much changed this week. I remember you saying last week that you thought Halsey would be #1 this week. Ed Sheeran has been in the top 5 a lot this year ;-)
    Have a nice weekend, ATR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like Havana and Rockstar! I guess we have different taste in music 🎶

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was the song that left that was in your Top 5 songs of the year?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023