2017: A Year In Review, Part 1: My Bottom 10 Songs Of 2017

As far as music goes, we have a lot of great songs this year. We also have a lot of trashiest music this year. Most of them are rap music, but some of them are not. So I'm going to count down my Bottom 10 Songs Of 2017. It doesn't have to be any song that made it to Hits 1. It could be any song from this year. So now, let's get to my Bottom 10 Songs Of 2017. But before we do that, here are my dishonorable mentions.

21 Savage - Bank Account
Amine - Caroline
Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
Calvin Harris/Kehlani/Lil Yachty - Faking It
Drake - Fake Love
Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
Fifth Harmony/Gucci Mane - Down
Hey Violet - Hoodie
Jacob Sartorious - Chapstick
Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke
Lil Pump - Gucci Gang
Lil Uzi Vert - XO TOUR Llif3
Major Lazer/Travis Scott/Camila Cabello/Quavo - Know No Better
Noah Cyrus - Stay Together
Noah Cyrus/XXXTENTACION - Again
Playboi Carti - Magnolia
Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
Post Malone/Quavo - Congratulations
YFN Lucci/PnB Rock - Everyday We Lit
Yo Gotti/Nicki Minaj - Rake It Up
Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time

Bottom 10 Songs Of 2017:

10. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake - The chorus in this song is so annoying. I usually enjoyed a lot of his songs in the past. But this song is the worst single that I've ever heard from him. I don't like the production in this one. And I've also noticed that this song is on the same compilation as Juju On That Beat, which is a song that's in my Bottom 10 Songs of last year. Let's just move on because this song isn't giving me my time.

9. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) - A lot of people know that Miley Cyrus has a sister named Noah, who has a not so good voice. I hate the chorus in this one because of the sound effects in this song and adding the teardrop sound to replace the word "cry" is awful. The production is boring and bland. Plus, the end of the song made me cry a lot (see what I did there?). Maybe she'll just stick around and not make anymore music.

8. Khalid - Location - Of course, I enjoyed some of Khalid's music. A lot of you say that Khalid is a rapper, but he's actually a singer. But I gotta say, this is the worst single that I've ever heard from him. The production is boring and bland, the vocals are okay, but the lyrical content is dumb. There's nothing else I should say about this one. So let's just move on.

7. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty - I enjoyed a lot of Charli XCX's music. But this song is just a piece of trash. This song was mediocre when it first debuted Hit Bound last year. And then I gave this song a couple of more listens and after a couple of more listens, it has become awful. I do not like the lyrical content, and the production is so boring. This is probably the worst single that I've ever heard from her. Enough said.

6. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh - Like After The Afterparty, the song was mediocre when it first debuted Hit Bound. And then I gave it a couple more listens and it has become awful. This is definitely the worst single that I've ever heard from her. I do not like her vocals, I do not like the lyrics, and her saying "Uh Huh" in the chorus sounded horrible. This song is nowhere good for me. It did do poorly on the countdown which is great. Hopefully her next solo single is better than this one.

5. Hey Violet - Break My Heart - This song is their worst single, ever. The production is so annoying, the vocals are just straight-up mediocre, the lyrical content is dumb, and I cannot stand the chorus. And my goodness that last and final chorus was extremely painful to me. Nothing else I should say about this song. Let's hope we don't get another song that has the same chorus as this one.

4. Selena Gomez/Gucci Mane - Fetish - Hits 1 did edit out Gucci Mane on this one, which is great. But this single with/without Gucci Mane is garbage. The production is so generic, I do not like her vocals, and I do not like that chorus. This is the worst single that I've ever heard from her. There's nothing else I should say about this one. So let's move on.

3. Blackbear/Gucci Mane - Do Re Mi - A lot of people say that Blackbear is a rapper. But, he's actually not. But this song is just a piece of trash. The vocals are awful, the chorus is dumb, and Gucci Mane sounded horrible. This song is nowhere great for me. This is his worst single of all time. Nothing else I should say about this song. Maybe he'll stick around and not make anymore music.

2. Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (Money Moves) - This is the worst rap song that I've ever heard this year. I've also noticed that this hit #1 in America, and I wasn't very pleased to see that. This song is garbage. It's pretty much the same reason why I hate rap music. It has a lazy, boring, bland, and generic production, awful vocals and terrible lyrical content. When I saw this hit #1 in America, I was disappointed about that. I hope no one should remember this song for a long time.

1. Childish Gambino - Redbone - This is it. My worst song of 2017. I hate Childish Gambino's music because he has some strange vocals in all of his songs. I hate the beat in this one, the production is so dumb, and the lyrical content is awful. He seriously needs to stop and not make anymore music for the rest of his life. Let's hope he stops making more music because I hate his vocals.

And there you have it, these were my bottom 10 songs of the year. I hope you enjoyed this post. There's still more Year-End posts to come, we got my Top 10 songs of 2017 post, we got the Hits 1 Year-End countdown post, and we got the Year In Review Pt. 2 post coming out soon. So, stay tuned for those posts. Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have about my bottom 10 songs of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023