Ed Sheeran (2) Week Of January 13, 2018

This week's countdown only has one exit this week that is super duper old. I was very pleased to see that. But the rest of the exits our awesome songs that I'm going to forever be missed. And I'm now starting to get sick of out biggest drop this week. That's all I should say about this countdown this week. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill [DTHNOBx2]
Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious

Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons - Thunder
The Countdown:
#45. Harry Styles - Kiwi (#41)
#44. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#42)
#43. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#45) [GO AWAY!!!!!!]
#42. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#36) [YOU TWO!!!!!!]
#41. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn (#30) [Ouch.]
#40. Charlie Puth - Attention (#43) [LEAVE NOW!!!!!!]
#39. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#39) [ONE YEAR] [YOU TWO!!!!!!]
#38. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#35) [YOU THREE!!!!!!]
#37. P!nk - What About Us (#31)
#36. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#32)
#35. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#22)
#34. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#37)
#33. Kesha - Praying (#26)
#32. Zayn Malik/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#21) [NO!!!!!!]
#31. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#11)
#30. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (DEBUT)
#29. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (#29)
#28. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#28)
#27. Symon - Lonely Girl (#39) [WHAT THE HECK?!]
#26. Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor (#24)
#25. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#18)
#24. Justin Timberlake - Filthy (DEBUT)
#23. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#24) [KEEP JUMPING!!!]
#22. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#34)
#21. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#20)
#20. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (DEBUT) [Let's go!]
#19. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#33)
#18. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#23)
#17. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#16)
#16. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#8)
#15. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#6)
#14. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#19)
#13. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#13)
#12. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#12)
#11. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#15)
#10. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#14)
#9. Charlie Puth - How Long (#7)
#8. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#10)
#7. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#9)
#6. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#17)
#5. Camila Cabello - Havana (#4)
#4. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#5)
#3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#1)
#2. Halsey - Bad At Love (#2)
#1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#3) [2nd Week At #1] [THAT’S YOUR PLACE TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (2nd of 3 Weeks At #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (+14) has now entered the Top 20. What a week for them. Let's see if there's some success on this song.
Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (-20) took a huge drop out of the Top 20. I'm already getting sick of this song, so let's hope it keeps dropping soon.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix): Not as good as That's What I Like or 24K Magic, but it's still great. I can say that the original version of the song is better than this version, because of the remix from female rapper, Cardi B., who made the absolutely garbage Bodak Yellow (Money Moves) from last year. I fell in love with the production, Bruno's voice is amazing, and it has an outstanding lyrical content. I hope it does great on this countdown.

Justin Timberlake - Filthy: Not as good as Can't Stop The Feeling, but it's still a great song. His voice is cool, the production is nice, and I love the chorus. This was his first song from the album, Man Of The Woods that made the countdown this week. Let's see if I see some success on this song.

G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I: The best countdown debut of the week. For their new single, he collaborates with his girlfriend. But he wanted to make a new single with his girlfriend, and he did. Now, for my opinion on this song is that this song is so catchy. It's just a step up from Me, Myself, & I. G-Eazy nailed the verses and I love Halsey's vocals in the chorus. And of course, with it's debut in the Top 20, it's going to spend a lot of weeks at #1. This song is pretty much the Shape Of You of 2018. What do you say? We'll have to find out. Let's see if it does well on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Camila Cabello - Havana: Looks like it's about to be out of the Top 5. It better keep dropping. I hope it's out of here next week.
4. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go: Moving up 1 spot here, this song is getting close to #1. Let's see if it'll go to the top spot soon.
3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder: It dropped out of the top spot. I still want it to be back at the top. But we're going to see how long it can stay on here.
2. Halsey - Bad At Love: I'd still want this song to be on here for a little while longer. But we're going to see how long it can be on there. I even still want it to be back at the top spot. Let's see if it does soon.
1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect: I was so pleased to see this song back at the top. Hopefully it can be there to stay for a little while longer at the very least.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno - Best Friend [HOW ARE YOU STILL THERE?!]
2. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
3. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
4. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
5. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
6. Maroon 5 - Wait
7. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman (DEBUT)
8. Spencer - Whatever
9. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade
10. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
11. NF - Let You Down
12. Troye Sivan - My My My! (DEBUT)
13. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
14. Wolves - Animal

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman: I can say that this song isn't as good as Praying, but it's still a great song. I do love the vocals and I love The Dap-Kings Horns' part on this song. I'd still want Learn To Let Go to be on here, but let's see if this one will make the countdown soon.

Troye Sivan - My My My!: It's been a while since we last heard from him. He's back now. I love his vocals and the chorus sounded awesome. That's all I'm going to say about this one. I think it's going to make the countdown next week. Let's see if I'm right.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
19. Imagine Dragons - Believer
1 - Bad:
18. Camila Cabello - Havana

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
16. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
15. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
14. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
13. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River
12. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
11. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
10. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
9. Dua Lipa - New Rules
8. Halsey - Bad At Love
7. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
6. Charlie Puth - How Long
5. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
4. Lauv - I Like Me Better
3. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
2. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (+2 extra points for being #1)

Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+)

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First, I have to say that Stay is boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Stay is so old for me. But don’t worry, it’ll grow into me when it leaves the countdown. But thanks, Chase!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Nicky Youre (3) Week Of July 23, 2022