Imagine Dragons (5) Week Of January 27, 2018

So the 60th Grammy Awards will be held on CBS tomorrow. The artists in order that will be performing at the Grammy Awards was Bruno Mars, Cardi B., Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Logic, Alessia Cara, Khalid, P!nk, SZA, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Childish Gambino, Little Big Town, Patti LuPone, and Ben Platt. I'm looking forward to see their performances. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
Harry Styles - Kiwi
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons - Thunder
The Countdown:
#45. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn (#45)
#44. P!nk - What About Us (#42)
#43. Charlie Puth - Attention (#41) [GET OUT!!!]
#42. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#20) [WHAT THE HECK?!]
#41. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#31)
#40. Zayn Malik/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#35)
#39. Kesha - Praying (#36)
#38. Wolves - Animal (DEBUT)
#37. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#29) [YES!!!]
#36. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#39)
#35. NF - Let You Down (DEBUT)
#34. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (DEBUT)
#33. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#37)
#32. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#32)
#31. Symon - Lonely Girl (#34)
#30. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#16) [NO!!!!!!]
#29. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (#28)
#28. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (DEBUT)
#27. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#30) [STOP JUMPING!!!!!!]
#26. Justin Timberlake - Filthy (#23)
#25. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#22)
#24. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#18) [GET BACK IN THE TOP 20!!!!!!]
#23. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#24)
#22. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#7)
#21. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#33)
#20. Maroon 5 - Wait (#38)
#19. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#21)
#18. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#25)
#17. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#19)
#16. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#14)
#15. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#17)
#14. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#10)
#13. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#11)
#12. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#27)
#11. Camila Cabello - Havana (#6)
#10. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#12)
#9. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#8)
#8. Charlie Puth - How Long (#2)
#7. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#13)
#6. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#3)
#5. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#15)
#4. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#9)
#3. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#5)
#2. Halsey - Bad At Love (#4)
#1. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#1) [5th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (2nd and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Maroon 5 - Wait (+18) has made a nice jump in the Top 20. Let's hope it makes the Top 10 soon.
Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (-22) has unfortunately dropped all the way to the Bottom 5 from the Top 20. Seriously voters? Not cool.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Wolves - Animal: This band has put their first song on this countdown. Now, for my opinion on this song is, this song usually grabs my attention. It has a catchy production, I love the vocals, and the lyrics are amazing. I think it's gonna do poorly on this countdown because no one has ever heard of this band. But let's hope it does great on this countdown.

NF - Let You Down: This song is just mediocre. It's even a rap song. I've never heard of this rapper before this song. Now, for my opinion on this song is, it has some pitchy vocals in the beginning of the song. I don't think the vocals sound great. However, my thoughts would change in a couple of more listens. but with those pitchy vocals in the beginning, it might change to red. Hopefully I'm wrong. Let's see how this song does.

P!nk - Beautiful Trauma: This song is so peaceful. I can say that this is better than What About Us. It's just a step up from What About Us. Now, my opinion on this song is, her vocals shine throughout the whole song. I love the lyrics, and the chorus sounded awesome. Let's hope this one does well on this countdown.

Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same: The best countdown debut this week and by far Camila's best song. It's definitely better than Havana. Now, for my opinion on this song is, the beginning of the song reminds me of Thriller, the production is so awesome, and I love her vocals. I do love when she hits some high notes in the pre-chorus and the chorus sounded amazing. Let's hope this one does better than Havana.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game: It debuted the Top 5 this week. This is the best song off of her album, Reputation. Taylor's vocals are absolutely amazing, I enjoyed Ed Sheeran's part, and Future sounded so much better than his other singles. Since this song hit the Top 5 on it's 4th week on the countdown, this song is definitely going to hit #1 and hold there for a long time on this countdown. This song is definitely going to be the Shape Of You of 2018. Let's see if this one hits #1 soon.
4. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days: It even debuted the Top 5 this week. I can say that this is better than Glorious. For my opinion on this song is, Macklemore has some nice vocals and he nailed the first and second verse and I do love when Kesha steals the show on the chorus and that last verse, but not all of it because Macklemore did the first half then Kesha does the other half. And of course, a lot of you say that rappers aren't allowed to take on some vocals during the last verse. But, you know what I said. Sometimes rappers takes some vocals during the last verse, sometimes they don't. He did nailed the first half of the last verse. I'd better hope this song hits #1 here anytime soon.
3. Ed Sheeran - Perfect: It looks like this song is about to make it's comeback. I'd better hope it goes back to #1 anytime soon. Let's see if it does.
2. Halsey - Bad At Love: This song is about to make it's comeback, too. Let's see if it'll go back at #1 anytime soon.
1. Imagine Dragons - Thunder: It held the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. This is the first song to hold the #1 spot after 13 weeks of #1 song changing. I hope it stays there for one more week.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno - Best Friend
2. Troye Sivan - My My My!
3. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
4. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
5. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment (DEBUT)
6. Post Malone - I Fall Apart (DEBUT)
7. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade
8. The Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It (DEBUT)
9. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (DEBUT)
10. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
11. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
12. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
13. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
14. Spencer - Whatever

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment: I heard it a lot on Alt Nation. Not as good as Feel It Still, but it's still amazing. The production is amazing, the vocals are amazing, the chorus is amazing, everything in this song is amazing. It should be in my Top 5 Songs of 2018 when it makes the countdown. Let's hope it does.

Post Malone - I Fall Apart: Ugh. More Post Malone. Not as bad as Rockstar, but it's still garbage. The production is boring, lazy, bland, and generic, the vocals are awful, and the lyrics are egregious. This might be in my Bottom 10 Songs of 2018 when it makes the countdown. It better not debut.

The Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It: I've never heard of The Wild Things before this song. This is their debut single. Now, for my opinion on this song is, I love the vocals and the chorus sounded outstanding. It's going to be on Hit Bound for a long time because no one has ever heard of them. But we'll see how long it takes to stay on there.

Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: Another EDM song from Zedd & Grey. For this song, they now collaborates with country singer, Maren Morris. But I gotta say, this song is just mediocre. There's nothing interesting I should say about this song. I love Maren's vocals, but that's it. However, my thoughts would change in a couple of more listens. And if my thoughts change, it'll either change to green or red. I hope it's green.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
19. Imagine Dragons - Believer

1 - Bad:
18. Camila Cabello - Havana

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
16. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
15. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
14. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
13. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
12. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
10. Dua Lipa - New Rules
9. Walk The Moon - One Foot
8. Halsey - Bad At Love
7. Maroon 5 - Wait
6. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
5. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
4. Lauv - I Like Me Better
3. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
2. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect

Total Score: 87/100 = 87% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023