Charlie Puth (1) Week Of February 10, 2018

So the Super Bowl was still good. I had a fun time spending some time watching it, even though I want the Patriots to win but they didn't win this time. The final score is 41-33. Also, I have an important announcement for you. I have passed over 5,000 pageviews on my blog! I'll do a special post about that someday, but now I'm going to send you to the countdown. Unfortunately, there are no songs leaving the countdown this week. So let's get right into the countdown.

Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
The Countdown:
#45. Charlie Puth - Attention (#45)
#44. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#43)
#43. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#44) [GO AWAY!!!!!!]
#42. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn (#40)
#41. P!nk - What About Us (#41)
#40. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#36)
#39. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#42)
#38. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#34)
#37. Kesha - Praying (#37)
#36. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#33)
#35. Symon - Lonely Girl (#39)
#34. Wolves - Animal (#38)
#33. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#31)
#32. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#26)
#31. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#27)
#30. Camila Cabello - Havana (#28)
#29. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (#29)
#28. Justin Timberlake - Filthy (#30)
#27. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#13)
#26. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#18)
#25. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (#35)
#24. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#12)
#23. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#23)
#22. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#20)
#21. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#19)
#20. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#22)
#19. Maroon 5 - Wait (#25)
#18. NF - Let You Down (#24)
#17. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#21)
#16. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#32)
#15. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#17)
#14. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#1)
#13. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#16)
#12. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#11)
#11. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#14) [Now let's go for the Top 10 next week.]
#10. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#15)
#9. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#7)
#8. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#8)
#7. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#3)
#6. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#6)
#5. Halsey - Bad At Love (#10)
#4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#4)
#3. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#5)
#2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#2)
#1. Charlie Puth - How Long (#9)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (1st of 9 Weeks At #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I did not expect that big jump this week from Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (+16). I did gave that song a couple of more listens throughout the week, and now it is a bad song. It’s mainly the underwhelming production that makes the song bad. It seriously needs to be out of the Top 20.
I'm okay with Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (-14) out of the Top 20. However, this song is about to grow out of me. Let's see if it'll be out of the Top 30 soon.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Halsey - Bad At Love: I was very pleased to see this song be back in the Top 5. Let's see if this should make it's comeback at the top spot.
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect: It's holding the spot. I'd somehow like this song back at #1 here. Let's see if it does soon.
3. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go: Looks like it's about to go for the top. Let's all vote for this song at #1 next week.
2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder: How is it still there? It's starting to grow out of me. Let's see if it'll be out of here soon.
1. Charlie Puth - How Long: It even re-entered the Top 5 to the top. This song is definitely Attention 2.0. With Attention spending 1 week at the top, and with this song being Attention 2.0, this song is definitely going to spend 1 week at the top like Attention does. Let's see if it dies.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Welshly Arms - Legendary
2. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
3. Post Malone - I Fall Apart
4. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
5. Troye Sivan - My My My!
6. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
7. The Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
8. Spencer - Whatever
9. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
10. Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke (DEBUT)
11. Keala Settle - This Is Me (DEBUT)
12. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
13. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
14.  Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke: That's one of my dishonorable mentions of last year. It could be one of my dishonorable mentions of this year, too. I usually stand uo for him because he has some great music in the past. But this song is just a piece of trash. Now, on to the song. I really don't like the production on this one. Khalid's vocals are okay, but I'm not a fan of the lyrics. I'd better hope it doesn't make the countdown.

Keala Settle - This Is Me: This is the first song taken from The Greatest Showman musical debuting Hit Bound this week. It has an awesome production, her vocals shine, and the chorus shines. But, it's gonna be on Hit Bound for a long time because no one has ever heard of her. But we're going to see if it makes the countdown or not.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

1 - Bad:
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

2 - Mediocre:
18. NF - Let You Down

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
17. Imagine Dragons - Thunder

5 - Great:
16. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
15. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
14. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
13. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
12. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
11. Walk The Moon - One Foot
10. Halsey - Bad At Love
9. Maroon 5 - Wait
8. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
7. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix)
6. Lauv - I Like Me Better
5. Charlie Puth - How Long
4. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
3. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
2. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect

Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First, and if I'm correct about it, How Long needs to leave the Top 10 and get Let Me Go at #1 next week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023