Charlie Puth (2) Week Of February 17, 2018

I'm now on mid-winter break. We finally have another super duper old exit this week. I'm so glad about that. But the rest of our exits this week are full of short tenured songs (but one of them). We do have some great entrants this week. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Justin Timberlake - Filthy
The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn
Charlie Puth - Attention

Last Week's #1 Song: Charlie Puth - How Long
The Countdown:
#45. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#44)
#44. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
#43. P!nk - What About Us (#41)
#42. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#40)
#41. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#39)
#40. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#38)
#39. Kesha - Praying (#37)
#38. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something (DEBUT)
#37. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#33)
#36. Symon - Lonely Girl (#35)
#35. Troye Sivan - My My My! (DEBUT)
#34. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#36)
#33. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (#29)
#32. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (DEBUT)
#31. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#32)
#30. Wolves - Animal (#34)
#29. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#24)
#28. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#31)
#27. Camila Cabello - Havana (#30)
#26. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (#25)
#25. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#22)
#24. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#23)
#23. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#26)
#22. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#21)
#21. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#27)
#20. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#16)
#19. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#17)
#18. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#13)
#17. Maroon 5 - Wait (#19)
#16. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#11)
#15. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#14)
#14. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#20)
#13. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#15)
#12. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#12)
#11. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#10)
#10. NF - Let You Down (#18)
#9. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#8)
#8. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#9)
#7. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#6)
#6. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#7)
#5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#4)
#4. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#3)
#3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#2)
#2. Halsey - Bad At Love (#5)
#1. Charlie Puth - How Long (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (2nd of 9 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm okay with NF - Let You Down (+8) having the biggest jump this week debuting the Top 10. I don't know if I want this song to be a hit. But let's see how this one does.
I did not expect Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River, Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same and Lauv - I Like Me Better (-5) to drop. However, two of them are still in the Top 20. Can they move back up next week? I hope so.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something: He replaced himself with this one. This song is cool. I can say that it's definitely better than Filthy. Justin has some awesome vocals and I enjoyed Chris Stapleton's part. Let's see how this song does.

Troye Sivan - My My My!: Making his return on the countdown this week after Youth has been on here 2 years ago. I love his vocals and the chorus sounded awesome. I have a feeling that this song might hit #1 here on this countdown. But we're going to see how it dopes here on this countdown.

AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up: It's definitely their best song ever. I heard that song a lot on Alt Nation. What's interesting about this song is that Rivers Cuomo of Weezer was in this song. The vocals are so awesome and I enjoyed his part on the last verse. Let's hope this song does great on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect: Oh no! It's about to be out of the Top 5! It really needs to stay in there. But we're going to see if it's going to stay in there for a while.
4. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go: I thought this song had a chance at #1 this week. Let's hope it hits #1 next week.
3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder: Oh my gosh. Why is it still there? Seriously I'm starting to get sick of this song. Let's hope it's out of here soon.
2. Halsey - Bad At Love: It's really hanging in there in here. I was very pleased to see it making it's comeback here. But can it be back at #1? We're going to see soon.
1. Charlie Puth - How Long: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. Maybe this song should be this year's Shape Of You. I hope it stays there for a long time.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
2. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
3. Welshly Arms - Legendary
4. Niall Horan - On The Loose (DEBUT)
5. Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke
6. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
7. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
8. The Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
9. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (DEBUT)
10. Spencer - Whatever
11. Keala Settle/Greatest Showman - This Is Me
12. Post Malone - I Fall Apart
13. Rudimental/Macklemore/Jess Glynne/Dan Caplen - These Days (DEBUT)
14. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Niall Horan - On The Loose: Just a step up from Too Much To Ask. His vocals are very nice, the lyrics are also very nice, and the chorus is amazing. It should debut the countdown when Slow Hands leaves the countdown.

The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me: It's been a year since we last heard from them. For this song, I love the vocals and I love the chorus. I thought Hits 1 is going to edit Kendrick Lamar's verse in this song, because Hits 1 was not a fan of him. But I do love his verse. It might stay on here for a while. But let's see if I'm wrong.

Rudimental/Macklemore/Jess Glynne/Dan Caplen - These Days: It's been years since we last heard from Rudimental. They are back now. Now, for my opinion on this song is, it's a cool song. Macklemore's verses flow very nicely, I love when Jess Glynne takes over the chorus, and I enjoyed Dan Caplen's part. It better make the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

1 - Bad:
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

2 - Mediocre:
18. NF - Let You Down

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
17. Imagine Dragons - Thunder

5 - Great:
16. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
15. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
14. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
13. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
12. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
11. Walk The Moon - One Foot
10. Halsey - Bad At Love
9. Maroon 5 - Wait
8. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
7. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix)
6. Lauv - I Like Me Better
5. Charlie Puth - How Long
4. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
3. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
2. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect

Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First! I might be wrong on this one, okay How Long should leave the Top 10 and replace it with One Foot. That song is so annoying already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it’s a different kind of song, I am surprised that Filthy is already out of the countdown! Everybody loves Justin Timberlake! However, Say Something is really, really good. I think that he and Chris Stapleton could write an entire album together and it would be a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I know Filthy was a different kind of song. Hopefully Say Something should do better.

      Delete
    2. Never Be the Same needs to jump next week, I still love this song, and it needs to go to #1.

      Delete
    3. I’m totally with you on that.

      Delete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Papa Roach - Born for Greatness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, Never Be the Same is Most-Wutchuwanted so it might enter the Top 10 this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Nicky Youre (3) Week Of July 23, 2022