Macklemore (1) Week Of February 24, 2018

I hope everyone has a great mid-winter break! We did lose some awesome songs, but we have some amazing debuts. We do have another awesome #1 song this week, which I was very pleased to see. There's nothing else I should say about this countdown, so let's get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?

Last Week's #1 Song: Charlie Puth - How Long
The Countdown:
#45. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#45)
#44. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#44)
#43. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#42)
#42. Kesha - Praying (#39)
#41. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#40)
#40. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#31)
#39. P!nk - What About Us (#43)
#38. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (#33)
#37. Symon - Lonely Girl (#36)
#36. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#34)
#35. Wolves - Animal (#30)
#34. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#23)
#33. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#37)
#32. Troye Sivan - My My My! (#35)
#31. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something (#38)
#30. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (DEBUT)
#29. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (#26)
#28. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (DEBUT)
#27. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#21)
#26. Camila Cabello - Havana (#27)
#25. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#15)
#24. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#16)
#23. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#24)
#22. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#14)
#21. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#22)
#20. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#13) [KEEP DROPPING!!!!!!]
#19. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#32)
#18. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#29)
#17. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#19)
#16. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#18)
#15. Maroon 5 - Wait (#17)
#14. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#25)
#13. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#11)
#12. NF - Let You Down (#10)
#11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#12)
#10. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#9)
#9. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#6)
#8. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#7)
#7. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#20)
#6. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#5) [OH NO!!!]
#5. Halsey - Bad At Love (#2)
#4. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#4)
#3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#3)
#2. Charlie Puth - How Long (#1)
#1. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#9) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (3rd of 9 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I have to say, I'm not too thrilled about the big jump this week into the Top 10 from Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (+13). This seriously needs to be out of here.
The other thing I wasn't too thrilled about this week is seeing Dua Lipa - New Rules (-11) have the biggest drop this week all the way out of the Top 30. Not cool, Hits 1. Not cool at all! Hopefully this song should make it's comeback soon.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy: Not as good as Closer or Something Just Like This, but it's still great. This song kinda reminds me of Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn mainly because of the chorus to me. Andrew Taggart's vocals are so amazing. Let's hope this song should do great on this countdown.

The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me: This song is similar to Starboy. It's not as good as Can't Feel My Face, In The Night, or I Feel It Coming, but it's still a great song. I love the vocals, I love the chorus, and I enjoyed Kendrick Lamar's verse. Let's see if this song should do well on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Halsey - Bad At Love: I think this should be the end of this song for the Top 5 this week. It's really hanging in here. Don't worry. I'm never going to get sick of this song because this song is her best song.
4. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go: I thought it's going to hit #1 this week. I'm not sure if it'll go to the top spot here. But we're going to see if it does or not.
3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder: Can we please get this song out of the Top 5? I'm already sick of this song. Let's see if it'll get out of here next week.
2. Charlie Puth - How Long: It dropped out of the top spot. I'd still want this song to go back to the top spot anytime soon. But we're going to see if it'll go back there or not.
1. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days: It re-entered the Top 5 to the top spot. I was very pleased to see it at the top. This was Macklemore's first #1 song since Can't Hold Us from 2013. Let's see how long it can hold there.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (DEBUT)
3. Keala Settle/Greatest Showman - This Is Me
4. 30 Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water (DEBUT)
5. Post Malone/Ty$ - Psycho (DEBUT)
6. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
7. Rudimental/Macklemore/Jess Glynne/Dan Caplen - These Days
8. Welshly Arms - Legendary
9. Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke
10. Bazzi - Mine (DEBUT)
11. Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
12. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
13. Niall Horan - On The Loose
14. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. Anne Marie's vocals shine throughout the whole song and I fell in love with the chorus. Marshmello's drop was so amazing. I'd bettewr hope it makes the countdown soon.

30 Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water: This is their comeback single. I heard it a lot on Alt Nation. If you guys remembered this band, then you know Closer To The Edge back in 2011. This song isn't as good as Closer To The Edge, but it's still great. The vocals are so amazing, and the chorus was so amazing. I think it'll make the countdown, but we're going to see if it does or not.

Post Malone/Ty$ - Psycho: Of course, he unfortunately replaced himself after I Fall Apart thankfully never graduated on the weekend countdown. But, this song is also worse. I guess you can call me a Post Malone hater. Because I really don't like his music. The production is so bland and generic, Post Malone's vocals are awful, and I don't like Ty Dolla $ign's part. It better not debut the countdown as well.

Bazzi - Mine: I've never heard of Bazzi before this song. This song is so catchy. I love the production, the vocals are awesome, and I enjoyed the chorus. But unfortunately, t might be on Hit Bound for a long time because no one has ever heard of Bazzi. But we're going to see if it debuts the countdown or not.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

1 - Bad:
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

2 - Mediocre:
18. NF - Let You Down

3 - Decent:
17. Imagine Dragons - Thunder

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
15. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
14. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River
13. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
12. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Floriuda Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
10. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
9. Walk The Moon - One Foot
8. Halsey - Bad At Love
7. Maroon 5 - Wait
6. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
5. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
4. Charlie Puth - How Long
3. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
2. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect

Total Score: 87/100 = 87% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Nicky Youre (3) Week Of July 23, 2022

Charlie Puth (4) Week Of October 15, 2022