Taylor Swift (1) Week Of February 3, 2018

So the Super Bowl is tomorrow. The New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles are going to be playing in this one. I'm gonna be going to my mom's house to watch it. I'm also excited to watch the Halftime Show. I'll talk more about the Super Bowl later in my next countdown post. But for now, we send you right into the countdown. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Liam Payne - Strip That Down
Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn

Last Week's #1 Song: Imagine Dragons - Thunder
The Countdown:
#45. Charlie Puth - Attention (#43) [LEAVE!!!!!!]
#44. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#37) [YES!!!]
#43. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#42)
#42. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#41)
#41. P!nk - What About Us (#44)
#40. The Shadowboxers - Hot Damn (#45)
#39. Symon - Lonely Girl (#31)
#38. Wolves - Animal (#38) [MOVE UP!!!]
#37. Kesha - Praying (#39)
#36. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#36) [GET OUT!!!!!!]
#35. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (DEBUT)
#34. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#25)
#33. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#30) [WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP DROPPING???!!!]
#32. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (DEBUT)
#31. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#32)
#30. Justin Timberlake - Filthy (#26)
#29. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (#29)
#28. Camila Cabello - Havana (#11) [WOOHOO!!!!!!]
#27. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#22)
#26. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#15)
#25. Maroon 5 - Wait (#20)
#24. NF - Let You Down (#35)
#23. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#24)
#22. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#21)
#21. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#18)
#20. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#19)
#19. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#16)
#18. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#13)
#17. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#27) [YOU'RE TOO OLD FOR THE TOP 20!!!!!!]
#16. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#28)
#15. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#34)
#14. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#17)
#13. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#14)
#12. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#23)
#11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#6)
#10. Halsey - Bad At Love (#2) [NO!!!!!!]
#9. Charlie Puth - How Long (#8)
#8. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#12)
#7. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#4)
#6. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#10)
#5. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#9)
#4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#3)
#3. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#7)
#2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#1)
#1. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#5) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (3rd and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (+19) had a peaceful jump in to the Top 15. Let's see if it hits the Top 10 soon.
I was very pleased to see Camila Cabello - Havana (-17) taking a big drop out of the Top 20. Let's see if it'll be out of the Top 30 soon.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

All Time Low - Last Young Renegade: Not as good as Good Times, but it's still great. It's just a step up from Good Times. It's an extremely catchy song. I love the rock production, the vocals are excellent, the lyrics are so great, and I love the chorus. Let's see if it'll do great on this countdown.

Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: This song is just mediocre. There's nothing I should say about this song. I love Maren's vocals, but that's all. The production is underwhelming for the most part. It's kinda forgettable to me. However, my thoughts would change in a couple of more listens and if my thoughts do change, it’ll either change to green or red. I better hope it’s going to be green. I'll try and give this song a few more listens throughout the week. Let's see how it does on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Flroida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go: It re-entered the Top 5 this week. I hope this song gets another shot here and let's hope this song hits #1 here soon.
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect: I actually want it ti be back in the Top 3. I don't want it to drop. It really needs to stay there. But we're gonna see how long this song stays there.
3. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves: It debuted the Top 5 this week all the way to the Top 3. I did found this song mediocre when it first debuted Hit Bound last year, and then I gave this song a couple of more listens and then, it has become an amazing song. For my opinion on this song is that I love Selena's vocals and I fell in love with the pre-chorus and the chorus and I love Marshmello's drop. I'd better hope this song goes for the gold on here.
2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder: It dropped out of the top spot. I wouldn't mind if this song leaves here soon. I think it'll grow out of me later. But I'll just stick with it.
1. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game: I was very pleased to see this song at the top spot. This is the first song out of her album, Reputation that hit #1 here on this countdown. This was her first #1 song since New Romantics from the summer of 2016. Since it hit the top spot on it's 5th week on the countdown, it's definitely going to hold the spot for a long time. And as what I said, this song is definitely going to be the Shape Of You of 2018. Let's see how long it can hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
2. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
3. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
4. Spencer Barnett - Whatever
5. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
6. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something (DEBUT)
7. Post Malone - I Fall Apart
8. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
9. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
10. Troye Sivan - My My My!
11. Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
12. Welshly Arms - Legendary (DEBUT)
13. The Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
14. Sofi Tukker/NERVO/The Knocks/Alisa Ueno - Best Friend

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something: It's a cool song. We're getting close to his halftime performance during the Super Bowl. I can say that this song is definitely better than Filthy. This is another song with a pop and country singer. Justin's vocals are so awesome and I enjoyed Chris Stapleton's part. Let's see if this one should make the countdown.

Welshly Arms - Legendary: I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation over the summer. The production is amazing, the vocals are amazing, the chorus is amazing, everything on this song is amazing. But unfortunately, this song is going to be on Hit Bound for a long time because no one has ever heard of this band. But we'll see how long it takes for this song to stay on Hit Bound.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
19. Imagine Dragons - Believer

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
18. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
17. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
16. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
15. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River
14. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia/Watt - Let Me Go
13. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
12. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
11. Walk The Moon - One Foot
10. Dua Lipa - New Rules
9. Halsey - Bad At Love
8. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
7. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
6. Lauv - I Like Me Better
5. Charlie Puth - How Long
4. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
3. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
2. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect

Total Score: 91/100 = 91% (A-) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023