Zedd (1) Week Of March 3, 2018

That countdown this week doesn't look good. One of our exits this week was a short-tenured song, and the rest of them are just amazing songs, we have an awful biggest drop this week, a bad biggest jump this week, and another bad #1 song. I wasn't very pleased to see that. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

All Time Low - Last Young Renegade
Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
Kesha - Praying

Last Week's #1 Song: Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
The Countdown:
#45. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#41)
#44. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#44)
#43. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#43)
#42. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#36)
#41. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#40)
#40. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#33)
#39. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (#30)
#38. P!nk - What About Us (#39)
#37. Wolves - Animal (#35)
#36. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#34)
#35. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#10)
#34. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down (DEBUT)
#33. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (#38)
#32. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (DEBUT)
#31. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#25)
#30. Symon - Lonely Girl (#37)
#29. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something (#31)
#28. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#27)
#27. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (DEBUT)
#26. Camila Cabello - Havana (#26)
#25. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#23)
#24. Troye Sivan - My My My! (#32)
#23. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#24)
#22. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#21)
#21. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#28)
#20. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#19)
#19. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#16)
#18. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#17)
#17. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#18)
#16. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#13)
#15. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#22)
#14. Maroon 5 - Wait (#15)
#13. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#14)
#12. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#8)
#11. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#11)
#10. Charlie Puth - How Long (#2)
#9. Halsey - Bad At Love (#5)
#8. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#6)
#7. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#9)
#6. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#20) [DUDE???!!!]
#5. NF - Let You Down (#12)
#4. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#4)
#3. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#1)
#2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#3)
#1. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#7) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (4th of 9 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (+14) has unfortunately took a big jump this week in the Top 10. Why guys? That song is super duper old. This seriously needs to not be in the Top 5.
And for the thing that I wasn't too pleased to see this week is seeing X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (-25) having the biggest drop this week all the way out of the Top 30 from the Top 10. Not cool, guys. Not cool at all! This seriously needs to move back up.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down: This song is just a huge piece of trash. I actually hate Noah Cyrus' music because of her vocals. Now, for this song, the production is so boring, I hate her vocals, and I don't like the drop in the chorus. I'd better hope it does poorly on this countdown.

Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes: Easily their best song for now. I heard that song a lot on Alt Nation. I love Dan Reynold's vocals and the chorus is so amazing. I think this song might do poorly on this countdown because it spent 4 months on Hit Bound. But we're going to see if it does great here or not.

5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back: This song is so catchy. Not as good as She Looks So Perfect, but it's still an amazing song. I love the vocals, the lyrics are nice, and I fell in love with the chorus. Since this song failed to be on Hit Bound, it's going to do great on this countdown. I'd better hope it does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. NF - Let You Down: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm fine with this song in the Top 5. Now, for my opinion on this song is, it's just mediocre. It's even a rap song. I don't love the pitchy vocals in the beginning of the song. But the production is okay, the vocals are okay, and the chorus is okay. I wouldn't be that pleased if I see this as a #1 hit. But we're going to see how this song does here.
4. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go: I'd still want this song to hit #1 here. It better not leave the Top 5 until this hits the top spot. But we're going to see if it does.
3. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days: It dropped out of the top spot. I'd still want this song to stay in the Top 5 because it's still an amazing song. But we're going to see if it'll stay there for awhile.
2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder: I don't want this song to jump back up. I'm already sick of this song. I'd like this song to be out of here next week. Let's hope it does.
1. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: It even debuted the Top 5 this week to the top spot. I’m actually not surprised about this song at the top. But it doesn’t make me happy at all. Now, my opinion on this song is this song is so underwhelming for the most part. The production is underwhelming, and I don’t like the drop in the chorus. I’ll admit that Maren sounded decent in this one. It’s not awful, I do not hate it, I just don’t like this song. I don't know why this song was at the top. This seriously needs to be out of that spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Bazzi - Mine
2. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses (DEBUT)
3. Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke
4. Rudimental/Macklemore/Jess Glynne/Dan Caplen - These Days
5. Niall Horan - On The Loose
6. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
7. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
8. Post Malone/Ty$ - Psycho
9. 30 Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water
10. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends
11. Welshly Arms - Legendary
12. Keala Settle/Greatest Showman - This Is Me
13. Alice Merton - No Roots (DEBUT)
14. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake Friends (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Meghan Trainor - No Excuses: This song is so awesome. I can say that it's not as good as All About That Bass, but it's still awesome. Meghan's vocals are really good, I love the production, and the lyrics are awesome. I'd better hope it debuts the countdown soon.

Alice Merton - No Roots: It's very amazing and the best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is another song that I heard a lot on Alt Nation. The production is amazing, Alice's vocals are amazing, and the chorus was amazing. Unfortunately, this song might spend a long time on Hit Bound because no one has ever heard of her. But I'd better hope this song makes the countdown anytime soon.

Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake Friends: It's such a catchy song. I love Dustin Atlas' vocals in this one and I do love Erin Bowman's part in this song. I do love the chorus. This song might also spend a long time on Hit Bound because no one has ever heard of him. But let's hope this song makes the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

1 - Bad:
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

2 - Mediocre:
18. NF - Let You Down

3 - Decent:
17. Imagine Dragons - Thunder

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
15. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River
14. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
13. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
12. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
11. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
10. Walk The Moon- One Foot
9. Halsey - Bad At Love
8. Maroon 5 - Wait
7. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
6. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix)
5. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
4. Charlie Puth - How Long
3. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
2. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ed Sheeran - Perfect

Total Score: 87/100 = 87% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023