Zedd (7) Week Of April 21, 2018

The countdown looks really great. Our exit this week are all bad songs (but one of them is super old and the rest of them are just very bad songs). And our entrants this week are very amazing. Thankfully, we had less than five bad songs, but I'd still want to color-code it in dark red for my Bottom 5 picks. But for now, on to the countdown. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
Symon - Lonely Girl [!!!!!!]
Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke [!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Last Week's #1 Song: Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle
The Countdown:
#45. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#45)
#44. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#36)
#43. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#43)
#42. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#42)
#41. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#33)
#40. NF - Let You Down
#39. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#39)
#38. Charlie Puth - How Long (#40)
#37. Camila Cabello - Havana (#34)
#36. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment (DEBUT)
#35. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (DEBUT)
#34. Alice Merton - No Roots (#35)
#33. Zayn - Let Me (DEBUT)
#32. Halsey - Bad At Love (#23)
#31. Noah Kahan/Julia Michaels - Hurt Somebody (#30)
#30. Drake - God's Plan (#31)
#29. Kesha/The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman (#24)
#28. Bazzi - Mine (#29)
#27. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#38)
#26. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#18) [.............]
#25. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#21)
#24. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days (#27)
#23. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#17)
#22. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#6)
#21. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#22)
#20. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#9)
#19. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#28)
#18. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#16)
#17. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something (#32)
#16. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#3)
#15. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#13)
#14. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#15)
#13. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#5)
#12. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#20)
#11. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses (#19)
#10. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#26)
#9. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#14)
#8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#4)
#7. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#10)
#6. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#2)
#5. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#12) [WOOHOO!!!!!!]
#4. Maroon 5 - Wait (#11)
#3. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#7)
#2. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#8)
#1. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#1) [7th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (1st and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (+16) has finally made the Top 10.  Here's to hoping that it should make the Top 5 soon.
The only thing I wasn't very pleased about is that Walk The Moon - One Foot (-16) has unfortunately had the biggest drop out of the Top 20 from the Top 10. This better make it's comeback.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment: The best countdown debut this week. I mean yes, this song is not as good as Feel It Still, but it's still amazing. The production is amazing, the vocals are amazing, the nchorus is amazing, everything on this song is amazing. It might do poorly on this countdown because it spent several months on Hit Bound. But let's see if I see some success out of this song.

NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know: It's very catchy. I've actually never heard of NOTD before this song. This is their first countdown appearance this week. The production is so enjoyable and it caught my attention, Bea's vocals are so amazing, I love the lyrics, I really enjoyed the chorus, and the drop is extremely amazing. This better do well on this countdown.

Zayn - Let Me: This is extremely catchy. I can say that this song isn't as good as Pillowtalk or I Don't Wanna Live Forever, but it's still amazing. The production is so amazing, Zayn's vocals are very amazing, the lyrics are very amazing, the chorus is super amazing, everything on this song is so amazing. It better do amazing on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I was very pleased to see that. This song is Camila's best song of all time. It's definitely better than her other singles. Now, my opinion on this song is, the beginning of the song reminds me of Thriller, the production is heaven, and her vocals are also heaven. I do love when she attempts to hit some high notes in the pre-chorus and the chorus is extremely heaven. Everything on this song is heaven. Now this song needs to go for the gold and it needs to be at #1 next week.
4. Maroon 5 - Wait: It even debuted the Top 5 this week. Now, my opinion on this song is that this song is not as good as Cold, but it's still great. I love the production, Adam's vocals sounded outstanding, his falsetto in the chorus sounded so great, and the lyrics are awesome. Can this song be at #1 soon? We'll have to wait (see what I did there?) and see.
3. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I: It re-entered the Top 5 this week. Hopefully this song should have another shot at #1 here.
2. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be: It even re-entered the Top 5 this week. After 3 months off of the Top 5, it's now back on there. I know I get that a lot of pop fans do not like the version where Florida Georgia Line was singing in the first verse in this song, because it sounds more country. I did hear the version of the song wheree Bebe Rexha was singing in the first verse before and this version is definitely better. I do recommend that version for all pop fans. I'm pretty sure that it should be at #1 soon. Hopefully this song does.
1. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. The fact that this song is still holding that spot makes me want to scream. It better not tie the record for most weeks at #1.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars [What?! I thought you weren't on Hit Bound this week!]
2. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
3. Hundred Handed - Too Good
4. The Chainsmokers - Everybody Hates Me
5. Why Don't We - Trust Fund Baby
6. Echosmith - Over My Head
7. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A Fudge)
8. Maren Morris - Rich
9. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake Friends
10. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
11. HRVY - Personal (DEBUT)
12. Halsey - Alone
13. In Real Life - Tattoo (How About You)
14. Sam Smith/Logic - Pray
15. Liam Payne/J. Balvin - Familiar (DEBUT)
16. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe (DEBUT)
17. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

HRVY - Personal: I have never heard of him before this song. I've heard that song on the YouTube 15 before and this song is just mediocre. To me I think his vocals are a little too pitchy. But everything else in this song isn just fine. I know it should stay on Hit Bound because no one has ever heard of him.

Liam Payne/J. Balvin - Familiar: Oh my gosh. More One Direction this week. It's so catchy. The production is so great, Liam's vocals shine throughtout the whole song, and the chorus is amazing and I love J. Balvin's drop. This better make the countdown.

Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe: This was actually a country song. I know it's because it was from a country group and Taylor used to be a country singer. But this song is very amazing, I love the instrumentation, both of them sounded awesome, and I love the lyrics. I know this song should be on The Highway soon, but it might stay on Hit Bound for a long time.

Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I can say that this song isn't as good as Side To Side, but it's still a great song. I really like the production, her vocals are so outstanding, and I fell in love with the chorus. Let's see if it'll make the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
None

1 - Bad:
20. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle
19. Imagine Dragons - Thunder

2 - Mediocre:
18. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
16. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something
15. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back
14. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
13. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
12. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses
11. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
10. Bad Wolves - Zombie
9. Maroon 5 - Wait
8. Niall Horan - On The Loose
7. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix)
6. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
5. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
4. Lauv - I Like Me Better
3. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Nicky Youre (3) Week Of July 23, 2022