5 Seconds Of Summer (1) Week Of May 12, 2018

Hey guys! I'd like to wish all of the mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day. As for the countdown, we have amazing debuts this week, and we also have a brand new #1 song this week. As what I said, it's nice to have a new #1 song here on this countdown. I don't have much else to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment [..........]
NF - Let You Down

Last Week's #1 Song: Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
The Countdown:
#45. Charlie Puth - How Long (#43)
#44. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#45)
#43. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#30)
#42. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#44)
#41. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#41)
#40. Drake - God's Plan (#36)
#39. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#39)
#38. Camila Cabello - Havana (#40)
#37. Alice Merton - No Roots (#37)
#36. Halsey - Bad At Love (#38)
#35. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (DEBUT)
#34. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#34)
#33. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (DEBUT)
#32. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#29)
#31. Noah Kahan/Julia Michaels - Hurt Somebody (#35)
#30. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#32)
#29. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#33)
#28. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#15)
#27. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#31)
#26. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#25)
#25. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#26) [DON'T JUMP, GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!]
#24. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#17)
#23. Bazzi - Mine (#18)
#22. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#22)
#21. Zayn - Let Me (#23)
#20. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#24)
#19. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#21)
#18. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#19)
#17. Halsey - Alone (#27)
#16. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#20)
#15. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days (#13)
#14. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#14)
#13. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#11)
#12. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#12)
#11. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#9)
#10. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#8)
#9. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses (#7)
#8. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#10)
#7. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#6)
#6. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#5)
#5. Maroon 5 - Wait (#16)
#4. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#1)
#3. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#4)
#2. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#3)
#1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (2 of 4 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Maroon 5 - Wait (+11) had the biggest jump this week as it re-enters the Top 5 this week. Here's to hoping that it should go to #1 soon.
I wasn't very pleased about the big drop from G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I as it was out of the Top 20. What's also tied for the biggest drop this week and the other thing that I wasn't very pleased about is that Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (-13) had a pretty big drop out of the Top 30. I'm pretty sure it's the end of this song. But this doesn't make me pleased.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Foster The People - Sit Next To Me: The best countdown debut this week. I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation, as it spent 2 weeks at the top on the Alt-8. Now, on to the song, the production is amazing, the vocals are amazing, the lyrics are amazing, the chorus is amazing, everything on this song is amazing. This might do poorly on this countdown, but we're going to see how far this one gets.

Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k): It's just a step up from New Rules. This song is pretty low-key. But I do love her voice in this one, especially in the chorus. I think I want this song to do better than New Rules. Let's see how this one does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Maroon 5 - Wait: With that big jump this week, it re-entered the Top 5 this week. Let's see if this song should have another shot at #1.
4. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same: It dropped out of the top spot. I've also noticed that my mom doesn't like this song. But I love this song so much. I really want this song to be back at the top spot soon.
3. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes: It re-entered the Top 3 this week. Now, can we please let this song be at #1 soon? I hope so. Let's see if it'll be at the top soon.
2. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: No. Please don't let this song jump. This needs to not get back at the top. It needs to be out of here. Hopefully it does next week.
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back: This has finally become their second #1 song. This is their first #1 song this week since She Looks So Perfect back in 2014. Let's see how long it takes to hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Sam Smith/Logic - Pray
2. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
3. In Real Life - Tattoo (How 'Bout You)
4. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe
5. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends
6. Echosmith - Over My Head
7. The Wrecks - James Dean
8. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars
9. HRVY - Personal
10. Liam Payne/J. Balvin - Familiar
11. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment (RE-ENTRY)
12. Selena Gomez - Back To You (DEBUT)
13. Maren Morris - Rich
14. Hundred Handed - Too Good
15. lovelytheband - Broken
16. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment: It re-entered Hit Bound this week. I have no idea why it left the countdown this week and I wasn't very pleased to see it back on Hit Bound. I do have a feeling that it should stay on Hit Bound for a long time. But I hope it's back on the countdown soon.

Selena Gomez - Back To You: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. It's not as good as Wolves, but it's still very amazing. I really love her vocals, and I love the lyrics. This better make the countdown soon.

Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right: I could say that this song is just a step up from No Excuses. Now, on to the song. The production is fantastic, and that chorus is heaven. This is easily her best song that I've ever heard from her. This better make the countdown next week.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Imagine Dragons - Thunder

1 - Bad:
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
18. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days

5 - Great:
17. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
16. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back
15. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
14. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
13. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses
12. Walk The Moon - One Foot
11. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
10. Halsey - Alone
9. Maroon 5 - Wait
8. Niall Horan - On The Loose
7. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me
6. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
5. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
4. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
3. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

Total Score: 91/100 = 91% (A-) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. What's so bad about Let Me Go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swegawaffle, That song to me is super duper old. But don’t worry, it’ll grow back into me when it leaves the countdown.

      Delete
  2. Another great countdown and thank you for sending the Mother’s Day wish!
    I’m glad to see that Foster the People have made it to this countdown too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023