Zedd (8) Week Of May 19, 2018

So the Billboard Music Awards will be held tomorrow on NBC. I don't know the list of all the performers yet, but I'm going to be watching it. I can't wait to see the performances of some of the artists. I'm looking forward to see those performances. Let's hope they perform great. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days

Last Week's #1 Song: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back
The Countdown:
#45. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#43)
#44. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#44)
#43. Camila Cabello - Havana (#38)
#42. Charlie Puth - How Long (#45)
#41. Halsey - Bad At Love (#36)
#40. Drake - God's Plan (#40)
#39. Alice Merton - No Roots (#37)
#38. Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (#34)
#37. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends (DEBUT)
#36. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#29)
#35. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars (DEBUT) [LET'S GO!!!!!!]
#34. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#25)
#33. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#30)
#32. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#24)
#31. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#28)
#30. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#35)
#29. Selena Gomez - Back To You (DEBUT)
#28. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#27)
#27. Zayn Malik - Let Me (#21)
#26. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#20)
#25. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#26)
#24. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#18)
#23. Bazzi - Mine (#23)
#22. Noah Kahan/Julia Michaels - Hurt Somebody (#31)
#21. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#6)
#20. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#19)
#19. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#32)
#18. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#22)
#17. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#33)
#16. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#16)
#15. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#7)
#14. Halsey - Alone (#17)
#13. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#14)
#12. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days (#15)
#11. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses (#9)
#10. Maroon 5 - Wait (#5)
#9. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#4)
#8. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#8)
#7. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#13)
#6. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#12)
#5. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#11)
#4. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#10)
#3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#1)
#2. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#3)
#1. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#2) [8th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (2 of 3 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (+16) has been gaining a lot of airplay on pop radio charts. She had the best week ever! Hopefully it can jump even more here.
I did not expect the big drop from The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (-15). It seriously needs to move back up. I love this song so much.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends: It's such a catchy song. The production is so awesome, I love Dustin's vocals, Erin's vocals in the second verse also sounded awesome, and I love the chorus. I'm afraid that this song is definitely going to do poorly on this countdown. But we're going to see how far this one gets.

Kendsrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars: The best countdown debut this week. This is another song taking from the Black Panther soundtrack and it's definitely Kendrick's best song. Kendrick has crushed the verses and SZA sounded absolutely heaven in the chorus. This song is definitely going to be in my Top 3 songs from this year. Maybe it should be my #1 song of this year. This needs to do amazing on this countdown.

Selena Gomez - Back To You: This song is so amazing. Not as good as Wolves, but it's still very amazing. I really love her vocals, I love the lyrics, and I really like that chorus. Hopefully this should do well on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I was very pleased to see that. This song is definitely better than Sorry Not Sorry. Now, my opinion on this song is, the production is so much better, her vocals also sounded so much better, the chorus sounded so much better, everything on this song sounded so much better. Looks like it's about to do better than Sorry Not Sorry. Will this be her 3rd #1 song? I hope so. Let's hope this song goes to #1 soon.
4. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): It also debuted the Top 5 this week. I can say that this song is not as good as Death Of A Bachelor, but it's still good. I do heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. This song was #7 this week on the Alt-8. Now, on to my opinion. It's just a step up from L.A. Devotee. The production is awesome, Brendon Urie's vocals are awesome, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Hopefully this could be their 2nd #1 song.
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back: It dropped out of the top spot. This song grew more on me now. I'm pretty sure I'd like this song to be back at #1 at some point.
2. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes: Oh my gosh. Looks like it's about to be at the top. Now, let's all vote for this song at #1 next week. Hopefully this could be their 6th #1 song here on this countdown.
1. Zedd/Maren Moris/Grey - The Middle: The fact that this song is back at the top this week makes me wanna scream. It gets very annoying at each listen. This better be out of that spot next week. I'VE ALREADY HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. The Wrecks - James Dean
2. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right
3. lovelytheband - Broken
4. Echosmith - Over My Head
5. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind (DEBUT)
6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (DEBUT)
7. Sam Smith/Logic - Pray
8. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
9. In Real Life - Tattoo (How 'Bout You)
10. Liam Payne/J. Balvin - Familiar
11. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe
12. Cardi B. - I Like It (DEBUT)
13. Maren Morris - Rich
14. Hundred Handed - Too Good
15. Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
16. HRVY - Personal

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind: I heard this song a couple of weeks ago on Alt Nation during Advanced Placement. Now, on to the song. The production is great, Dennis' vocals are also great, and I love the lyrics. I do have a feeling that it might stay on Hit Bound for a long time. But we're going to see how long it takes to stay on Hit Bound.

5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. And of course, after Want You Back hit #1 last week, this song now debuts Hit Bound. Now, my opinion on this song is, I really like the instrumentation and the vocals shine. This better debut the countdown next week.

Cardi B. - I Like It: Ugh. I've had enough of Cardi B.'s music. Hits 1 did edit out Bad Bunny and J. Balvin in this one. But it's still horrible. But this song was just a step up from Bodak Yellow. Now, on to the song. The production is bland and generic, the vocals are awful, and the lyrics are grating. This better not debut the countdown.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
None

1 - Bad:
20. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
19. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days

5 - Great:
18. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
17. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
16. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses
15. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
14. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k)
13. Bad Wolves - Zombie
12. Halsey - Alone
11. Maroon 5 - Wait
10. Niall Horan - On The Loose
9. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me
8. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
7. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back
5. Lauv - I Like Me Better
4. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
3. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

Total Score: 96/100 = 96% (A) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First, I love I Like It. It is an amazing song, in my opinion. Why do you hate I Like It?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve already explained why I hate I Like It. I hate Cardi B.’s music. This song should end up being in my Bottom 10 songs of this year.

      Delete
    2. "Bland and generic" is exactly what I Like It isn't, it's what I Like Me Better is lmao. I Like It is a very fun and catchy song. I'll admit Cardi B has made some questionable stuff in the past. This is not one of them.

      Delete
  2. How about those Billboard Music Awards? The performances were really great! I liked the new John Legend song. I thought Kelly Clarkston did a nice job too. Which was your favorite performance?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Nicky Youre (3) Week Of July 23, 2022