Panic! At The Disco (2) Week Of June 16, 2018

Hey guys. I'm now on summer break. Everything on this countdown looks fine, but we did lose a song that's on my Top 5 songs of the year. We still have some good debuts here on this countdown. I'm running out of things to say. So now, we send you to the countdown. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Meghan Trainor - No Excuses
Kendrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars [You will forever be missed :(]
Halsey - Bad At Love
Bruno Mars/Cardi B. Finesse (Remix)
Noah Kahan/Julia Michaels - Hurt Somebody
MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
The Countdown:
#45. Camila Cabello - Havana (#45)
#44. Charlie Puth - How Long (#39)
#43. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#28)
#42. Hundred Handed - Too Good (DEBUT)
#41. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#37)
#40. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#25)
#39. Zayn Malik - Let Me (#26)
#38. Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way (DEBUT)
#37. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (DEBUT)
#36. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#43)
#35. Sam Smith/Logic - Pray (DEBUT)
#34. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#36)
#33. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#33)
#32. Liam Payne - Familiar (DEBUT)
#31. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#21)
#30. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#20)
#29. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#29)
#28. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#13)
#27. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#34)
#26. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#27)
#25. Bazzi - Mine (#24)
#24. Maren Morris - Rich (#35)
#23. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days (#14)
#22. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (DEBUT)
#21. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#6)
#20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#15)
#19. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends (#32)
#18. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#19)
#17. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#23)
#16. Echosmith - Over My Head (#30)
#15. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#18)
#14. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#17)
#13. Halsey - Alone (#12)
#12. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#9)
#11. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#22)
#10. Maroon 5 - Wait (#11)
#9. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#10)
#8. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#7)
#7. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#4)
#6. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#8)
#5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#3)
#4. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#16)
#3. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#5)
#2. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#2)
#1. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (2 of 3 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

As Echosmith - Over My Head (+14) took a big jump in the Top 20, they have made their comeback in the Top 20 after 3 years off. Hopefully it can make the Top 10 soon.
It's really crazy that we have 4 songs tied for the biggest drop this week. Bad Wolves - Zombie and Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me both had a big drop this week out of the Top 20, which I wasn't pleased to see. We also have Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go dropping out of the Top 30, which is so great, and finally, we have G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (-15) taking a big drop all the way to the Bottom 5 from the Top 30, which I'm okay with that, because the song is starting to grow out of me. That's the most songs tieing for the biggest drop this week.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Hundred Handed - Too Good: It's so outstanding. I do heard this song before on Venus before it debuted Hit Bound. Now, on to the song. I've actually never heard of them before this song. Anyway. Now, my opinion. I love the production, the vocals shine throughout the whole song, and that chorus shines. Let's see how this one does on this countdown.

Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way: The best countdown debut this week. We haven't heard anything from U2 since a decade. I usually enjoy a lot of U2's music because they have made some biggest songs from the 80's. Now, on to the song. This song is so catchy. I could say that this song is actually better than No Promises.The vocals are very great, I really like that chorus, and oh my gosh that drop is so amazing. It better do awesome on this countdown.

5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: I could say that this song is actually better than Want You Back. I really like the instrumentation, the vocals shine, the lyrics are awesome, and I fell in love with the chorus. This needs to do great on this countdown and let's see if it could do even better than Want You Back.

Sam Smith/Logic - Pray: It's such a cool song. Not as good as Too Good At Goodbyes, but it's still great. Now, on to the song. The production in this song is so awesome, Sam has some nice vocals, and the chorus was great. I do love Logic's verse. Hopefully this song should do great on this countdown.

Liam Payne - Familiar: Hits 1 did cut out J. Balvin in this one. Now, this song is so catchy. This song is by far Liam's best song. The production is so great and Liam's vocals shine throughout the whole song. I fell in love with the chorus. This could probably be in my Top 10 songs of the year. This better do great on this countdown.

Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: This song is just decent. Now look, I usually enjoy a lot of their songs back then. But I gotta say, it's not a bad song. It's just decent. I could say that Adam Levine sounded great throughout the whole song and the production and the chorus are both fine. But Cardi B.'s verse is the only thing I don't like about this song. If this song does great on this countdown, I'm gonna be fine with that.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes: No. Please don't let this song drop. I'd like this song to stay there for a while and let it spend another week at the top. Hopefully I'm right.
4. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I was very pleased to see that. It's pretty awesome that she made her return back in the Top 5. Now, on to my opinion. I could say that this song isn't as good as Side To Side, but it's still amazing. I really like the production, Ariana's vocals are so outstanding, and I fell in love with the chorus. I was hoping that this song should be at #1 soon. She never had a #1 song on this countdown and I was hoping this could be her first #1 song.
3. Niall Horan - On The Loose: It re-entered the Top 3 this week. I'm still waiting for this song to be Niall's 2nd #1 song. Maybe I'd like it to be #1 next week.
2. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - the Middle: Wait a minute...... How is it still in the Top 5?! Come on, this song has been on here for months. I'd like it to be out of here. Like now. I've already had enough of this song.
1. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. Now, I'd like this song to block The Middle from the top spot. Let's see if it does.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Big Boi - All Night (DEBUT)
2. Cole Redding - Father Father (DEBUT)
3. In Real Life - Tattoo (How 'Bout You)
4. The Wrecks - James Dean
5. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
6. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
7. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
8. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right
9. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
10. Cardi B. - I Like It
11. lovelytheband - Broken
12. HRVY - Personal
13. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe
14. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (DEBUT)
15. BTS - Fake Love (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Big Boi - All Night: This song was just mediocre. There's nothing interesting about this song. I could say that the vocals sounded okay. However, my thoughts would change in a couple of more listens. And if my thoughts do change, it'll either change to green or red. I'd better hope it's gonna be green.

Cole Redding - Father Father: I've definitely never heard of him before this song. But this song is catchy. Now, on to the song. I love Cole's vocals, and I love the lyrics. But it's gonna be on Hit Bound for a long time because no one has ever heard of him. But let's see if it'll be on the countdown or not.

MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. Now, on to my opinion. The production is so outstanding and the vocals are so amazing. I do enjoy the chorus. This better debut the countdown anytime soon.

BTS - Fake Love: It's such an amazing song. This is BTS's first Hit Bound appearance. Now, on to my opinion. The instrumentation is so awesome, and I love the vocals. I have a feeling that this song is gonna stay on Hit Bound because no one has ever heard of them. But hopefully it can make the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
None

1 - Bad:
20. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle:

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
19. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
18. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
17. Echosmith - Over My Head
16. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
15. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
14. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
13. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k)
12. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends
11. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
10. Selena Gomez - Back To You
9. Halsey - Alone
8. Maroon 5 - Wait
7. Niall Horan - On The Loose
6. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me
5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back
3. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Taylor Swift - Delicate

Total Score: 97/100 = 97% (A) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. "But this song is catchy. Now, on to the song." Didn't ya just go on to the song by saying it is catchy lol.

    Not picking on you or anything it was just some outlier that stood out to me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "because no one has ever heard of (BTS)"

    Also not trying to pick on you but a lot of people know who BTS is and not for the better. Good post otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Except for Hits 1 listeners.

      Delete
    2. I’ve never heard of BTS before this week!

      Delete
    3. BTS have been pretty big lately with their new album dropping and their performance at the Billboard Music Awards. I would assume most people know who they are.

      Delete
  3. https://swegawaffle.blogspot.com/2018/06/panic-at-disco-2-week-of-june-16-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comments on the top 5 made me laugh. You really don’t like The Middle, huh? :) Now I’m hoping, for your sake, that’s it’s gone soon too. It has definitely had a long enough run on the countdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I really don’t like The Middle. I was hoping it should leave soon.

      Delete
    2. I also don’t like The Middle. I think it’s an overplayed song.

      Delete
    3. Hahaha... yes, you got me, I meant “that” :)

      Delete
  5. ATR... what are your thoughts on 30 Seconds to Mars? Heck, everyone... do you like them? Why or why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used to be pretty good. But their most recent stuff with the exception of Walk On Water is not good. I prefer them when they were a rock band and not going all electronic.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Nicky Youre (3) Week Of July 23, 2022

Charlie Puth (4) Week Of October 15, 2022