Panic! At The Disco (4) Week Of June 30, 2018

Hey guys. I’m now on summer vacation. The internet on my laptop wasn’t working, so now I’m blogging on my phone. The countdown did look good, because we have one super duper old exit. So now, let’s get to it! Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
Echosmith - Over My Head
Sam Smith/Logic - Pray
Zayn Malik - Let Me
Charlie Puth - How Long

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
The Countdown:
#45. Camila Cabello - Havana (#44)
#44. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#38)
#43. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go (#42)
#42. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#26)
#41. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days (#39)
#40. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe (DEBUT)
#39. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#41)
#38. The Wrecks - James Dean (DEBUT)
#37. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#37)
#36. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#36)
#35. Hundred Handed - Too Good (#40)
#34. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (DEBUT)
#33. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends (#29)
#32. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#28)
#31. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#33)
#30. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#17)
#29. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#27)
#28. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (DEBUT)
#27. Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way (#35)
#26. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#25)
#25. Bazzi - Mine (#21)
#24. Maren Morris - Rich (#22)
#23. Liam Payne Familiar (#31)
#22. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#24)
#21. Cardi B. - I Like It (DEBUT)
#20. Maroon 5 - Wait (#10)
#19. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#23)
#18. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#18)
#17. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#7)
#16. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#20)
#15. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#9)
#14. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#12)
#13. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#19)
#12. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#14)
#11. Halsey - Alone (#13)
#10. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#16)
#9. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#15)
#8. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#8)
#7. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#5)
#6. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#6)
#5. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#11)
#4. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#3)
#3. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#2)
#2. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#4)
#1. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#1) [4th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (3rd and final week at #1)

This week's Mover and Shaker:

Liam Payne - Familiar and Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way (+8) has been gaining a lot of airplay on pop radio charts. What a week for them!
I wasn’t very pleased about the big drop this week from Lauv - I Like Me Better (-13). At least it’s still in the Top 30, so hopefully this should make it’s comeback.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe: It’s such a cool country-pop song. I heard it a lot on The Highway. Now, my opinion on this song is, I love Jennifer Nettles’ vocals, and Taylor’s vocals in that one line, “since the last time, I’ll ever call you babe” are so amazing. What I’ve also noticed is that she doesn’t take over the whole song. It’s just that line in the chorus. Let’s see how this one does on the countdown.

The Wrecks - James Dean: They have made their first countdown appearance this week. It’s a cool rock song to listen to. The instrumentation is great, and I love the vocals. I do enjoy the chorus. Let’s see how this one does on this countdown.

Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: The best countdown debut this week. It’s now their best song ever.  This song is definitely better than Say Amen (Saturday Night) and Death Of A Bachelor. The vocals are fantastic, I’m a fan of the lyrics, and that chorus is heaven. I hope this song does amazing on this countdown.

Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right: This song is definitely her best song ever. It’s just a step up from No Excuses. The production is fantastic, her vocals are extremely amazing, and that chorus is heaven.  It could be in my Top 10 songs of this year. This needs to do amazing on this countdown.

Cardi B. - I Like It: Hits 1 did edit out Bad Bunny and J. Balvin in this one. But this song is horrible. I’m not a fan of Cardi B.’s music. But it’s not as bad as Bodak Yellow, but it’s still a bad song. The production is bland and generic, the vocals are awful, and I don’t like the chorus. This might be in my Bottom 10 songs of the year. I’m not too thrilled by it having the highest debut of the week. This needs to do poorly on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry: It re-entered the Top 5 this week. I’m thrilled to see it back in the Top 5. Let’s see if this should have another shot at #1 soon.
4. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes: I really don’t want this song to drop. I’d like to see it back in the Top 3. Don’t worry. I won’t get sick of this song. But I feel like I’m going to soon.
3. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: It looks like it’s about to be out of the Top 3. This better keep dropping.
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate: Looks like it’s about to be at the top. It’s almost there. Hopefully this song hits #1 next week.
1. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. I highly doubt that this song is definitely going to be the song of this summer. I’m still happy that it’s still there.

Now, let’s review this week’s Hit Bound:

1. Big Boi - All Night
2. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour
3. lovelytheband - Broken
4. Dan + Shay - Tequila (DEBUT)
5. Julia Michaels/Trippie Redd - Jump
6. Backstreet Boys - Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
7. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (DEBUT)
8. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir (DEBUT)
9. Bebe Rexha - I’m A Mess (DEBUT)
10. Post Malone - Better Now (DEBUT)
11. Madison Beer - Home With You (DEBUT)
12. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
13. BTS - Fake Love (RE-ENTRY)
14. Cole Redding - Father Father

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Dan + Shay - Tequila: This is another song that I heard a lot on The Highway. It spent several weeks at #1 on the Highway Hot 30. I really love the production, and the chorus was awesome. I’m hoping this should make the countdown soon.

Alessia Cara - Growing Pains: This song is so outstanding. Not as good as Scars To Your Beautiful,
but it’s still outstanding. She really has a cool voice in this one. Let’s see if it’ll make the countdown soon.

Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir: This song is so cool. Not as good as Play That Song, but it’s still cool. Pat Monahan’s vocals are so great, Cam also sounded so great in the second verse, and I love Travie McCoy’s verse. Let’s see if it’ll make the countdown soon.

Bebe Rexha - I’m A Mess: This song is by far Bebe’s best song. Her vocals are so talented, I love the production, and wow. That chorus is fantastic. This better make the countdown soon.

Post Malone - Better Now: Seriously Hits 1? Why do you like Post Malone’s music? I’m seriously
done with his music. I’ve already explained why I don’t like his music. The production is lazy, boring, bland, and generic, and his vocals are awful. This better not be on the countdown.

Madison Beer - Home With You: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. The production is heaven, Madison’s vocals are fantastic, and that chorus is heaven. This needs to be on the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho

1 - Bad:
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
18. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
16. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
15. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
14. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
13. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don’t Give A F**k)
12. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
11. Selena Gomez - Back To You
10. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
9. Halsey - Alone
8. Maroon 5 - Wait
7. Niall Horan - On The Loose
6. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me
5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
3. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. >"Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: The best countdown debut this week."

    >Puts Let You Be Right in your Top 5 and not High Hopes

    Makes sense.

    "Don’t worry. I won’t get sick of this song. But I feel like I’m going to soon."

    Also makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah swegawaffle. They all make sense.

      Delete
    2. LMAO no they don't. They all contradict each other.

      Delete
    3. Guys, where did you get all this music information from?

      Delete
    4. I changed High Hopes into purple.

      Delete
  2. ATR: I don't know if you notice this, but Morgan Evans's "Kiss Somebody" is in the Top 10 on iTunes. I heard it and it's great. Sounds a lot like Keith Urban.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Morgan Evans - Kiss Somebody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this might happen.

      Delete
    2. ATR: Why do you keep repeating "I think this might happen" 2 times already? Can you please say it one time.

      Delete
  4. Dude (SW).... high hopes was the best debut this week, not necessarily the best song, or one of the best 5. Just the best song to debut. Totally makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMFAO no it doesn’t. If one song is the best debut, but isn’t in the top 5, and another song isn’t the best debut, but is in his top 5, those 2 statements contradict each other.


      Also you’re about a week late to the party.

      Delete
    2. Who the hell has the time to nitpick other people’s blogs or cares when someone else comments?

      ATR said he was on vacation and I’m sure other people are, as well. Try contributing something positive, SW.

      Delete
  5. Also, I love Morgan Evans! Really hope to start hearing more country music that has pop roots start making it to the countdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is music. I think anything with decent lyrics, music or production would be an awesome addition to the countdown. Get rid of this generic #FakeRap crap that floods the airwaves.

      Delete
    2. Rap is good. Country is lame and boring.

      Delete
    3. Rap is good; however, rap production after the mid-2000’s sucks in a wildly egregious way. The fact that it makes a pop countdown should tell you all you need to know about that.

      Individuals and groups used to use rap as a means to convey a story or message with an authentic beat as a backdrop. Now, anyone with a phone and a two cent rhyme can become a star. Blah.

      Delete
    4. Rap is boring, but country is just awesome.

      Delete
  6. ATR, I am PUMPED for your blog this weekend!

    I think that both Panic! and Meghan Trainor’s new songs are about to fly up the countdown!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023