Shawn Mendes (1) Week Of July 14, 2018

The countdown this week was so great. I mean, all of our exits this week are all bad songs (but 2 of them are super duper old). We also have a brand new #1 song this week, which is nice. I really am running out of things to say about this countdown this week. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Imagine Dragons - Thunder
Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
Camila Cabello - Havana

Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Delicate
The Countdown:
#45. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days (#40)
#44. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#39)
#43. Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends (#38)
#42. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#44)
#41. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#42)
#40. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe (#37)
#39. Hundred Handed - Too Good (#36)
#38. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#33)
#37. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#35)
#36. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#32)
#35. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (DEBUT)
#34. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#34)
#33. Bazzi - Mine (#21)
#32. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (DEBUT)
#31. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#30)
#30. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#31)
#29. Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way (#27)
#28. The Wrecks - James Dean (#28)
#27. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (DEBUT)
#26. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#25)
#25. Liam Payne - Familiar (#16)
#24. Maren Morris - Rich (#24)
#23. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#23)
#22. Maroon 5 - Wait (#24)
#21. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#20)
#20. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#29)
#19. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#22)
#18. Cardi B. - I Like It (#18)
#17. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#19)
#16. Halsey - Alone (#15)
#15. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#14)
#14. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#11)
#13. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#17)
#12. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#13)
#11. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#12)
#10. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#9)
#9. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#8)
#8. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#7)
#7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#10)
#6. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#1)
#5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#4)
#4. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#3)
#3. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#2)
#2. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#5)
#1. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#6) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (4th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm okay with The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (+9) back in the Top 20. However, the song is going to fade on me soon. But I'm actually okay with it back here.
As Bazzi - Mine (-12) was trying for another shot to be back at the Top 20, it actually had the biggest drop this week all the way out of the Top 30. I'm actually not okay with that. Let's see if it'll move back up soon.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Alessia Cara - Growing Pains: It's so outstanding. Not as good as Scars To Your Beautiful, but it's still an outstanding song. Her voice in this song is cool, especially in the chorus. The production here is awesome. Let's see how this one does.

Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones: The best countdown debut this week. This is definitely their best song. It's definitely better than Hold Me Tight Or Don't. The instrumentation is amazing, Patrick Stump's vocals are outstanding, the lyrics are amazing, and the chorus is fantastic. This needs to do amazing on this countdown.

Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart: It's been a decade since we last heard from them. And now, they're back. This comeback single from them is so amazing. The instrumentation is so great, the vocals are awesome, the lyrics are awesome, and I fell in love with the chorus. I really hope this one does great on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes: Do we seriously need this song to drop? No. I'd like this song to be back in the Top 3.
4. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: Whew. It's out of the Top 3. Now this song needs to keep dropping and it needs to be out of here next week.
3. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): Oh come on. I'd like this song to go back to #1 because I feel like this song is the official song for this summer. I hope it does soon.
2. Selena Gomez - Back To You: It's almost there. Can we please let this song be #1 next week? We're going to have to wait and see.
1. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood: It debuted the Top 5 this week to the top spot. I'm so happy to see that. Now, back to my opinion. The rock production is awesome, Shawn's vocals are really great, and I enjoyed the chorus. This is now his 4th #1 song here on this countdown. Let's see how long it takes to hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Julia Michaels/Trippie Redd - Jump
2. Justin Timberlake - SoulMate (DEBUT)
3. lovelytheband - Broken
4. Dan + Shay - Tequila
5. Big Boi - All Night
6. Madison Beer - Home With You
7. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
8. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir
9. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour
10. The Chainsmokers/Drew Love - Somebody (DEBUT)
11. Brown & Gray - Top Down (DEBUT)
12. Post Malone - Better Now
13. Cole Redding - Father Father
14. BTS - Fake Love
15. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind

New Song/s on hit bound this week are:

Justin Timberlake - SoulMate: I could say that this song is just a little bit of a step up from Say Something. I like Justin’s vocals in this one. Let’s see if it’ll be on the countdown soon.

The Chainsmokers/Drew Love - Somebody: This song is super awesome. Not as good as Everybody Hates Me, but it’s still great. But this time, like Something Just Like This, Andrew Taggart worked on the production instead of taking some vocals. I love Drew’s vocals in this one and I love the drop in the chorus. This better make the countdown soon.

Brown & Gray - Top Down: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I heard it a lot on The Highway. It’s such a fantastic country-pop song. Sam Gray’s vocals in the first verse sounded great, and I love the chorus. Then Kaci Brown takes over the second verse. She sounded amazing throughout the whole verse. I love when they both sing together in the pre-chorus and the last verse. Let’s see if it’ll make the countdown or not.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
TIE: 20. Cardi B. - I Like It

1 - Bad:
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
18. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
17. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me

5 - Great:
16. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
15. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
14. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
13. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
12. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don’t Give A F**k)
11. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
10. Selena Gomez - Back To You
9. Halsey - Alone
8. Niall Horan - On The Loose
7. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me
6. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
4. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First!

    Not only did.... okay Never Be the Same needs to leave the countdown already. I'm so sick of Never Be the Same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chase, Never Be The Same was actually going to be in my Top 5 songs of the year.

      Delete
    2. Well, I want Never Be the Same to leave the countdown next weekend.

      Delete
    3. I know you’re getting sick of this song. But it’ll leave when it’s off the voting poll.

      Delete
    4. “facepalm” hahaha... that made me laugh!

      I like the song too!

      Delete
  2. Love Brown & Gray Top Down! Another country turned Pop hit :)

    Great blog this week ATR!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I’m not sure if it’s going to make the countdown though. Because I don’t think pop fans have ever heard of them.

      Delete
    2. I did edit my opinion though. I thought Brown was male, and Gray was female. But it’s actually wrong.

      Delete
  3. I really like Shawn Mendes, so I’m happy this song hit #1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great one ATR. Happy for Shawn Mendes and bummed for Panic at the Disco’s slight fall as they are my fav!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023