Shawn Mendes (2) Week Of July 21, 2018

The countdown this week looks good, though we did lose some great songs, but we did lose some songs that are old. But the big drop this week is not the best thing to see on this countdown. I don't have anything else to say about this countdown, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Dua Lipa - New Rules [DTHNOBx2]
G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
Dustin Atlas/Erin Bowman - Fake A** Friends
Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days

Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
The Countdown:
#45. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#44)
#44. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#38) [GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!]
#43. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#42)
#42. Bazzi - Mine (#33) [DUDE?!]
#41. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe (#40)
#40. Liam Payne - Familiar (#25) [NO!!!!!!]
#39. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#34)
#38. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#31)
#37. Maren Morris - Rich (#24) [MOVE BACK UP!!!]
#36. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (DEBUT)
#35. Post Malone - Better Now (DEBUT) [ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!]
#34. Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way (#29)
#33. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#36)
#32. Madison Beer - Home With You (DEBUT) [LET'S GO!!!]
#31. The Wrecks - James Dean (#28)
#30. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#30) [STOP HOLDING THERE, JUMP!!!!!!]
#29. Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit (DEBUT)
#28. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#26)
#27. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#15)
#26. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#35)
#25. Maroon 5 - Wait (#22)
#24. Halsey - Alone (#16)
#23. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#19)
#22. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#20)
#21. Hundred Handed - Too Good (#39)
#20. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#21)
#19. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#17)
#18. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#23)
#17. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#32)
#16. Cardi B. - I Like It (#18)
#15. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#27)
#14. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#14)
#13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#7)
#12. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#8)
#11. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#3)
#10. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#12)
#9. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#9)
#8. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#10)
#7. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#13)
#6. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#2)
#5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#5)
#4. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#4)
#3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#11) [HERE WE GO!!!!!!]
#2. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#6)
#1. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (3 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

After Hundred Handed - Too Good (+18) didn't do great on the countdown at the start, it now made a big jump this week to the Top 30. Let's see if it'll move up more.
As to say, I'm not too thrilled about the big drop this week from Liam Payne - Familiar (-15). This is by far his best song and I'd like it to move back up.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour: It's so amazing. The production is so outstanding, MNEK sounded so amazing, and Hailee's vocals shine pretty much throughout the second verse. I love it when they both sing together in the chorus and oh my gosh that drop is extremely heaven. This better do amazing on this countdown.

Post Malone - Better Now: Uh oh. He now has 2 songs on the countdown. That's a bad thing for me. I've already exlained why I don't like his music. The production is so lazy, boring, bland, and generic, and his vocals are awful. Can we please let him stop making new music? This better do poorly on this countdown.

Madison Beer - Home With You: The best countdown debut this week. This is definitely her best song. The production is heaven, she has a fantastic voice, and that chorus is heaven. This is definitely going to be in my Top 3 songs of the year. This better do very amazing on the countdown.

Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit: I heard that song a lot on Alt Nation. After they had a year off, they are now back. Now, on to my opinion. I love Tyler Joseph's vocals in this one, and I love the lyrics. Let's see how this one does on the countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes: I'd still like it to stay there for a while at the very least. Let's see how long it can stay there.
4. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: Oh come on. This song better not hold there. This needs to be out of the Top 5. It's been on here for months. I had it with this song.
3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I was very pleased to see it. It's definitely their best song ever. Now, back to my opinion. The vocals are fantastic, I'm a fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was heaven. This is going to be in my Top 10 songs of the year. I really want to see it hit #1 next week.
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate: It re-entered the Top 5 this week and I'm also very pleased to see it. Hopefully this could spend another week at #1 soon.
1. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm glad that it's still at the top. Let's see if it'll still hold that spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
2. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (DEBUT)
3. Brown & Gray - Top Down
4. Imagine Dragons - Natural (DEBUT)
5. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
6. Big Boi - All Night
7. The Chainsmokers/Drew Love - Somebody
8. lovelytheband - Broken
9. Julia Michaels/Trippie Redd - Jump
10. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (DEBUT)
11. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir
12. Justin Timberlake - SoulMate
13. Dan + Shay - Tequila
14. Years & Years - If You're Over Me (DEBUT)
15. BTS - Fake Love

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Charlie Puth - The Way I Am: I could say that this song is just a step up from Done With Me. Now, on to my opinion. I really love Charlie's vocals in this one. This better make the countdown next week.

Imagine Dragons - Natural: This is another song that I heard on Alt Nation. Not as good as Whatever It Takes, but it's still great. Dan Reynold's vocals are so great, and I love it when he was screaming in the chorus. This better make the countdown anytime soon.

Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. It's not as good as No Tears Left To Cry, but it's still amazing. Ariana has a cool voice and I love the chorus. Hopefully this should make the countdown anytime soon.

Years & Years - If You're Over Me: If you guys remembered them, then you know their song, King, which is a song that made it on to Hit Bound but never graduated on the weekend countdown back in 2015. I could say that it's just a step up from it. The vocals are nice, and the lyrics are also nice. Hopefully this could be their first countdown appearance since King never graduated.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Cardi B. - I Like It
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
18. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
16. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
15. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
14. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k)
13. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
12. Selena Gomez - Back To You
11. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
10. Niall Horan - On The Loose
9. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
8. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
5. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. I hope that Tequila makes it on the countdown, but I doubt it will. I’ve been listening to it on The Highway for a while now. I like Dan & Shay. Also, surprised Kamikazi by Walk the Moon is nowhere in sight! Great song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great synopsis, ATR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s totally right! Duh!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Taylor Swift is on the way back. I like that Shawn Mendes held in there another week. Great to see. Also Marshmello is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny... it’s hard to remember how to spell band/singer names differently than we are used to when we write every day! I did the same thing Queen Cookie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023