Taylor Swift (2) Week Of July 28, 2018

Hey my fellow bloggers. We are now in the last week of July, which means that summer is getting close to an end. As for the countdown this week, we did lose a song that's in my Top 10 songs of the year, which will forever be missed. That's all I have to say about the countdown, so let's get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Ed Sheeran - Perfect [Rest In Peace.]
Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
Bad Wolves - Zombie

Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
The Countdown:
#45. Liam Payne - Familiar (#40)
#44. Maren Morris - Rich (#37)
#43. Bazzi - Mine (#42)
#42. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe (#41)
#41. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#38)
#40. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#39)
#39. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (DEBUT)
#38. Hundred Handed - Too Good (#21)
#37. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#30)
#36. Drake - In My Feelings (DEBUT)
#35. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#28)
#34. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#27)
#33. Madison Beer - Home With You (#32)
#32. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#33)
#31. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#22)
#30. Imagine Dragons - Natural (DEBUT)
#29. Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way (#34)
#28. Maroon 5 - Wait (#25)
#27. Halsey - Alone (#24)
#26. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#23)
#25. The Wrecks - James Dean (#31)
#24. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#20) [WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP DROPPING???!!!]
#23. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#19)
#22. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (#36)
#21. Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit (#29)
#20. Cardi B. - I Like It (#16)
#19. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#15)
#18. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#18)
#17. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#17)
#16. Post Malone - Better Now (#35)
#15. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#12)
#14. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#7)
#13. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#26)
#12. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#9)
#11. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#14)
#10. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#1)
#9. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#10)
#8. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#5)
#7. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#8)
#6. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#11)
#5. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#6)
#4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#13)
#3. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#4)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#3)
#1. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#2) [2nd Week At #1] [STAY THERE!!!!!!]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Imagine Dragons - Believer (1 of 3 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

The fact that Post Malone - Better Now (+19) having the biggest jump this week into the Top 20 makes me wanna scream. It seriously needs to be out of here. I had it with his music.
As Hundred Handed - Too Good (-17) was having a shot to make the Top 20 this week, it unfortunately had the biggest drop this week. I hope this song makes it's comeback.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: The best countdown debut this week. This song is so much better than the extremely garbage Location and Young, Dumb, & Broke. This is even Khalid's best song. The production is amazing, Khalid's vocals are so much better than the other two, and I really love Normani's vocals in the second verse. This is going to be in my Top 5 songs of the year. This better do amazing on this countdown.

Drake - In My Feelings: I could say that this song is actually better than God's Plan. This is one of the best songs off of his album, Scorpion. He has a cool voice in this one and I love that chorus. And of course, after God's Plan flopped on this countdown, I'm hoping this one should do even better on here. Let's see how this one does.

Imagine Dragons - Natural: I heard this song before on Alt Nation. This song isn't as good as Whatever It Takes, but it's still great. Now, on to my opinion. I love Dan Reynold's vocals in this one. What's interesting about this song is that this song is very similar to Believer, mainly because of the screaming in the chorus on this one. Let's see if it'll do great on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Selena Gomez - Back To You: I'm glad to see it back in the Top 5 this week. Hopefully this should have another shot at #1 here.
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm very pleased to see that because this is their best song of all time. It's definitely better than Want You Back. I love the instrumentation, the vocals in this one shine, the lyrics are awesome, and I fell in love with the chorus. Now, this song needs to go for the gold and it needs to be their 3rd #1 song here on the countdown.
3. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: Oh no! It's back in the Top 3! Can we please let it be out of here? I really had it with this song.
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: It's almost at the top. Will this be their 3rd #1 song here? We're going to have to wait and see next week.
1. Taylor Swift - Delicate: I was very pleased to see it back at the top. This is definitely her best song ever. This song could even be in my Top 10 songs of the year. I was hoping that it shouls stay at that spot for a while.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
2. PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You (DEBUT)
3. Big Boi - All Night
4. Dan + Shay - Tequila
5. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
6. Justin Timberlake - SoulMate
7. Zedd/Elley Duhe Happy Now (DEBUT)
8. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir
9. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (DEBUT)
10. Years & Years - If You're Over Me
11. Brown & Gray - Top Down
12. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
13. lovelytheband - Broken
14. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
15. Weezer - Africa (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You: It's just a step up from Would You Mind. I really love the vocals in this one and I'm a fan of the lyrics. Hopefully this could be their first countdown appearance since Would You Mind never graduated last year.

Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now: This song was just mediocre. I could say that Elley’s vocals sounded good, but that’s it. The production in this one was underwhelming. However, I’ll try and give this song a couple of more listens throughout the week and if my thoughts changed, it’ll be in green or red. I better hope it’s going to be green.

The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects: It now debuted here to replace Somebody. Not as good as Paris, but it's still an awesome song. But this time, Drew Taggart did not take on some vocals in this one. Instead, he worked on the production. Emily’s vocals in this one sounded so awesome, and I enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if this should make the countdown soon.

Weezer - Africa: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I heard it a lot on Alt Nation, with 6 weeks at #1 on the Alt-8. Now, on to my opinion. This version of the song is a cover by the original song by Toto back in 1983. And of course, this is definitely their best song. The production is heaven, Rivers Cuomo's vocals are extremely heaven, the lyrics are heaven, the chorus was extremely heaven, everything on this song is heaven. This could easily be my #1 song of 2018 if it makes the countdown. I hope it does.

My Top 20 Review:
0  - Crap:
20. Cardi B. - I Like It
19. Post Malone - Better Now
18. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
17. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
15. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
14. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
13. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k)
12. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
11. Selena Gomez - Back To You
10. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
9. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
8. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
5. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
4. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

Total Score: 84/100 = 84% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. "Both of them sounded awesome throughout the song"

    Drew doesn't sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m genuinely surprised you have Love Lies in purple since you didn’t like YD&B. I don’t find it to be that much better or different from it. But you’re not wrong, Love Lies is a great song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah swegawaffle. I do not like Young, Dumb, & Broke. But Love Lies is actually amazing.

      Delete
    2. Chase how is that even possible

      Delete
    3. It’s going to be in my Top 5 songs of the year.

      Delete
    4. @ATR Because he’s Chase and he usually has no idea what he’s talking about.

      For example: one time last week he predicted that the biggest DROP! of the week would be Alone by Halsey, which was at #24, and he said it would drop 22 spots. That would land it at #46. And also, that same week, he predicted that Babe would exit Hit-Bound, and yet it was on the countdown for a couple of weeks by then. Everyone called him out for it and told him to be realistic.

      Delete
    5. Everybody settle down for a minute, I've got important news:







      Iggy Azalea is releasing her new EP, "Survive the Summer this Friday. So stay tuned for new Iggy Azalea music coming this Friday.

      Delete
  3. Another great countdown, ATR! I agree with your take on all of it, especially the Weezer review. It’s “Heaven” for sure. So great! I heard that Toto is now going to remake a Weezer song. They were talking about it on Alt Nation. That will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Delicate needs to leave already. I'm so sick of this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thanks. It’s in my Top 10 songs of the year.

      Delete
    2. ATR: Why is in your Top 10 songs of the year? Is it because you like it, that's the reason?

      Waffle: Not no, please do me a favor and be nice to me. That's enough saying the word, "No." How about by saying "I disagree with you, Chase" or something like that. And that was a rude comment you said to me the first time.

      Delete
    3. It’s in my Top 10 songs of the year because this is Taylor’s best song to me.

      Delete
  5. Can I just say how I think it’s so cool that we all love music, but have such different tastes about what songs and artists we like the most?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023