AT40: Maroon 5 (1) Week Of August 11, 2018

Hey guys! This is my first review of the American Top 40. The main reason why I want to start a review of the American Top 40 is because this countdown is very similar to the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, but they actually count down the Top 40 songs here. The color-coding code in this one is going to be the exact same as for the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out this week.

Foster The People - Sit Next To Me

Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Delicate
The Countdown:
#40. Ed Sheeran/Beyoncé - Perfect (#39)
#39. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind (#40)
#38. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#37)
#37. Tiesto/Dreko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (DEBUT)
#36. NF - Let You Down (#35)
#35. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#36)
#34. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#33)
#33. Jennifer Lopez/DJ Khaled/Cardi B. - Dinero (#34)
#32. Drake - God's Plan (#31)
#31. NF - Lie (#32)
#30. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#29)
#29. Big Boi - All Night (#26)
#28. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#27)
#27. Madison Beer - Home With You (#28)
#26. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#25)
#25. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#30)
#24. Maroon 5 - Wait (#23)
#23. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#24)
#22. Nicki Minaj/Ariana Grande - Bed (#22)
#21. Drake - In My Feelings (#38)
#20. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget (#20)
#19. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#19)
#18. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#15)
#17. Drake - Nice For What (#16)
#16. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#17)
#15. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#11)
#14. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#18)
#13. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#9)
#12. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#7)
#11. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#14)
#10. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#12)
#9. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#10)
#8. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It (#8)
#7. Post Malone - Better Now (#13)
#6. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#6)
#5. Bazzi - Mine (#3)
#4. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#4)
#3. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#1)
#2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#2)
#1. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#5) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (4 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Drake - In My Feelings (+17) deserved the biggest rise this week, as it is still the biggest song in America. What a week for him. Let's see if the same things happens on the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown.
I did not expect Lauv - I Like Me Better (-5) having the biggest fall this week. Though it's leaving the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown soon, so I guessed that happened.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Tiesto/Dreko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan: I haven't listened to this one yet. So I don't have anything to say about this one.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Bazzi - Mine: How is it still there? I'm starting to get sick of this one. This needs to leave here next week.
4. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry: I really want this song to stay in here for a few weeks longer at the very least. Let's see how long it stays there.
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate: It dropped out of the top spot. Let's see if it'll be back at the top soon.
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends: I'm still waiting for this song to hit #1 on here. I'm pretty sure it's going to next week. This better be.
1. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: I'm actually okay with this song at the top. It's just a decent song, but I still prefer another song to be at the top.

Now, here are the songs they played for On The Verge:

Justin Timberlake - SoulMate
Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Logic/Marshmello - Everyday
Selena Gomez - Same Old Love
DJ Snake/Bipolar Sunshine - Middle
Enrique Iglesias/Pitbull - Move To Miami
Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix)
Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Cardi B/Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
19. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
18. Post Malone - Better Now
17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Bazzi - Mine
15. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
13. Selena Gomez - Back To You
12. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
11. Drake - Nice For What
10. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
8. Lauv - I Like Me Better
7. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
6. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
5. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
4. Taylor Swift - Delicate
3. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 78/100 = 78% (C+) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Nice post.

    But I swear if you don’t like Jackie Chan just because it’s Post Malone..........

    Like it’s actually one of his best contributions to anything, along with Better Now. Preme I find to be the weaker vocalist on Jackie Chan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.

    I doubt Friends will hit #1 as its started falling in radio whereas Girls Like You is still #1 there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. And yeah. Friends seriously needs to hit #1 next week.

      Delete
    2. That's not what I was saying. I sincerely hope Friends does not hit #1

      Delete
    3. No, I want it to hit #1 because it’s still one of my favorite songs on here.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023