AT40: Maroon 5 (2) Week Of August 18, 2018

So I just found out that the MTV Video Music Awards will be held tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to see some of the performances from one of the artists. I'll try to stay up to see all of the performances. Anyway. Now let's get to the countdown. Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Drake - God's Plan
G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I

Last Week's #1 Song: Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You
The Countdown:
#40. Ed Sheeran/Beyoncé - Perfect (#40)
#39. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind (#39)
#38. NF - Let You Down (#36)
#37. Tiesto/Dreko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (#37)
#36. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#34)
#35. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (DEBUT)
#34. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#35)
#33. Jennifer Lopez/DJ Khaled/Cardi B. - Dinero (#33)
#32. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#30)
#31. Big Boi - All Night (#29)
#30. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#28)
#29. NF - Lie (#31)
#28. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#26)
#27. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (DEBUT)
#26. Madison Beer - Home With You (#27)
#25. Maroon 5 - Wait (#24)
#24. Nicki Minaj/Ariana Grande - Bed (#22)
#23. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#23)
#22. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#18)
#21. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#25)
#20. Drake - Nice For What (#17)
#19. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#19)
#18. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget (#20)
#17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#15)
#16. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#13)
#15. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#16)
#14. Drake - In My Feelings (#21)
#13. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#12)
#12. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#14)
#11. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#9)
#10. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#10)
#9. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#11)
#8. Bazzi - Mine (#5)
#7. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#6)
#6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#4)
#5. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It (#8)
#4. Post Malone - Better Now (#7)
#3. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#3)
#2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#2)
#1. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (5th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Drake - In My Feelings (+7) had the biggest rise of the week for the 2nd week in a row. That means it's still the biggest song on the Hot 100. Let's see if it'll move up even more.
The fact that Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (-4) having the biggest fall of the week this week makes me want to scream. It's her best song and it's going to be in my Top 5 songs of the year. I really want to see it move back up.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman: The best debut of the week. It's just an amazing song. Though it isn't as good as No Tears Left To Cry, but it is still an amazing song. She really has a cool voice in this one and I love that chorus. Let's see how this one does here.

DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer: It's such an awesome song. Not as good as I'm The One, but it's still awesome. I love Justin's vocals in the chorus, Quavo sounded so much better than his other singles in his verse, and I love Chance The Rapper's verse. Hopefully this should do great on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It: It debuted the Top 5 this week. Seriously? I really had enough of Cardi B.'s music. Though it's not as bad as Bodak Yellow, but it's still horrible. The production in this one was bland and generic, her vocals are awful, Bad Bunny's vocals are grating on his verse, and I don't like J. Balvin's verse. The chorus for the most part sounded horrible, because of the background voices saying, "I said I like it like that." This is definitely going to be in my Bottom 10 songs of the year. This better not go to the top.
4. Post Malone - Better Now: It even debuted the Top 5 this week. Man. This Top 5 doesn't look good. I've already explained why I hate his music. The production is lazy, boring, bland, and generic, and his vocals are awful. He seriously needs to stop making new music for the rest of his life. I don't know why it's here.
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate: I'm still waiting for it to move back to the top soon. But we're going to see if it does.
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends: Oh come on. Can we please let this song go to the top spot next week? This song has been pretty much holding that spot for weeks. I really want to see it go to #1.
1. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm still fine with this song at the top, but I still want another song at the top.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Justin Timberlake - SoulMate
Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams
Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
Charlie Puth - The Way I Am

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Kendrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars
The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Liam Payne/J. Balvin - Familiar
Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill*
Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
Kesha - Praying
Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide

* = The song grew back on me

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
19. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
18. Post Malone - Better Now
17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Bazzi - Mine
15. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
13. Selena Gomez - Back To You
12. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
11. Drake - Nice For What
10. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
8. Lauv - I Like Me Better
7. Drake - In My Feelings
6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
5. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
4. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023