AT40: Maroon 5 (3) Week Of August 25, 2018

Hey my fellow bloggers! So, I have now passed over 15,000 pageviews on my blog. I actually don't want to do a special post about that. Anyway. 5 Seconds Of Summer guest-hosted the American Top 40 this week because Ryan Seacrest is absent this week. Now let's get to the countdown! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Big Boi - All Night
Ed Sheeran/Beyonce - Perfect

Last Week's #1 Song: Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You
The Countdown:
#40. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (DEBUT)
#39. NF - Let You Down (#38)
#38. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (DEBUT)
#37. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#36)
#36. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind (#39)
#35. Tiesto/Dreko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (#37)
#34. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#32)
#33. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#34)
#32. Jennifer Lopez/DJ Khaled/Cardi B. - Dinero (#33)
#31. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#30)
#30. Drake - Nice For What (#20)
#29. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#28)
#28. NF - Lie (#29)
#27. Maroon 5 - Wait (#25)
#26. Madison Beer - Home With You (#26)
#25. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#35)
#24. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#22)
#23. Nicki Minaj/Ariana Grande - Bed (#24)
#22. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#23)
#21. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#21)
#20. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#27)
#19. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#19)
#18. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#17)
#17. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#16)
#16. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget (#18)
#15. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#13)
#14. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#15)
#13. Drake - In My Feelings (#14)
#12. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#12)
#11. Bazzi - Mine (#8)
#10. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#11)
#9. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#10)
#8. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#7)
#7. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#8)
#6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#6)
#5. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It (#5)
#4. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#3)
#3. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#2) [DON'T DROP!!!!!!]
#2. Post Malone - Better Now (#4)
#1. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (1st and only week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (+10) has been gaining lots of airplay on pop radio charts. Hopefully I could see it do great even more.
Drake - Nice For What (-10) unfortunately had the biggest fall of the week this week. I did not expect   that to happen. It spent a lot of the weeks at the top on the Billboard Hot 100, and I really want to see it move back up.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Charlie Puth - The Way I Am: This song is so awesome. I could say that this song was just a step up from Done For Me. I really love Charlie's vocals in this one, the lyrics are nice, and I fell in love with that chorus. I'm hoping this should do great here.

Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams: UGH! More rap music on here! This song is definitely insanely awful. The production is so terrible, the vocals are grating and the lyrical content is awful. This is definitely going to be in my Bottom 10 songs of the year. This better do not do great on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It: I'm still waiting for this song to stay out of the top spot. Hopefully it does.
4. Taylor Swift - Delicate: I'd still like this song to stay in the Top 5 for a little while longer at the very least.
3. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends: Oh no. It better not drop. It needs to be at the top spot here. It's going to be pretty boring if it doesn't.
2. Post Malone - Better Now: ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! It's about to be at the top spot. The top spot is now going to be a dangerous spot for this song, because I hate Post Malone's music so much. Hopefully this doesn't go to the top.
1. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm actually okay with that song staying at the top. But I'm hoping this song or any other song in the Top 5 could block Better Now to the top spot.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
Justin Timberlake - SoulMate
Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
Natalie La Rose/Jeremih - Somebody
5 Seconds Of Summer - She's Kinda Hot
Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High)
5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
5 Seconds Of Summer - What I Like About You
John Legend - All Of Me
5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
19. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
18. Post Malone - Better Now
17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Bazzi - Mine
15. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
13. Shawn Mendes 0 In My Blood
12. Selena Gomez - Back To You
11. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
10. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
8. Lauv - I Like Me Better
7. Drake - In My Feelings
6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
5. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
4. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Do you at least like Candy Paint by Post Malone? It's arguably his best song, and it's actually really good. Even music critics who absolutely despise Post Malone as much as you do like Candy Paint.

    Nice post, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Are there any rap songs you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sees No Brainer and In My Feelings in green*

      *goes back even further and sees God's Plan in green*

      yeah ok those are all pretty much rap/hip-hop songs

      Delete
    2. ATR: Are you a fan of rap music?

      Waffle: Please stop. I hate when you look with your eyes and see if No Brainer is in green.

      Delete
    3. Chase: No, I’m not a fan of rap music.

      Delete
    4. I’m not really into rap music either. It’s not as good as it used to be. It’s just sort of blah. I’m with you, ATR.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023