AT40: Maroon 5 (4) Week Of September 1, 2018

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend. We’re getting close to September. I start school on Tuesday. I hope everybody has a great summer break. Anyway. Alessia Cara guest-hosted the American Top 40 this week because Ryan Seacrest is absent this week. He’s been absent two weeks in a row. Anyway. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Drake - Nice For What
Jennifer Lopez/DJ Khaled/Cardi B. - Dinero [BYE BYE YOU PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!]

Last Week’s #1 Song: Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You
The Countdown:
#40. NF - Let You Down (#39)
#39. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#40)
#38. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#37)
#37. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (DEBUT)
#36. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind (#36)
#35. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#34)
#34. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#33)
#33. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#31)
#32. Nicki Minaj/Ariana Grande - Bed (#23)
#31. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#29)
#30. Tiesto/Dreko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (#35)
#29. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (#38)
#28. Maroon 5 - Wait (#27)
#27. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (DEBUT)
#26. Madison Beer - Home With You (#26)
#25. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#24)
#24. NF - Lie (#28)
#23. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#22)
#22. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#17)
#21. Bebe Rexha - I’m A Mess (#21)
#20. Backstreet Boys - Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (#19)
#19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#18)
#18. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#25)
#17. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#15)
#16. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me to Forget (#16)
#15. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#20)
#14. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#14)
#13. Bazzi - Mine (#11)
#12. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#12)
#11. Drake - In My Feelings (#13)
#10. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#8)
#9. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#10)
#8. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#4)
#7. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#3) [I QUIT!!!!!!]
#6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#6)
#5. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#9)
#4. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#7)
#3. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It (#5)
#2. Post Malone - Better Now (#2)
#1. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#1) [4th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Charlie Puth - Attention (1 of 5 week’s at #1)

This Week’s Mover and Shaker:

The fact that Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (+9) having the biggest rise of the week this week makes me wanna scream. This song is definitely garbage. This better not go to the Top 20.
I did not expect Nicki Minaj/Ariana Grande - Bed (-9) having the biggest fall of the week. I really want to see it move back up.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside: This song is so amazing. I love the production in this one, Halsey’s vocals shine pretty much throughout her verse, I love the chorus, and I enjoyed Khalid’s verse. Hopefully this should do amazing on the countdown.

The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects: This is such an awesome song. As what I said, Andrew Taggart worked on the production instead of taking vocals. I really like the production and Emily’s vocals in this one sounded so awesome. I highly doubt it’s going to do awesome on this countdown. Let’s see if it does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Selena Gomez - Back To You: It debuted the Top 5 this week on this countdown. This song is so amazing. I love the production, I really love Selena’s vocals, I also love the lyrics in this one, and that chorus was amazing. Hopefully this could go to #1 on this countdown.
4. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: It even debuted the Top 5 this week. I was very pleased to see that. This song is definitely Khalid’s best song. The production is so amazing, Khalid’s vocals are so much better than Location and Young, Dumb, & Broke, I love Normani’s vocals in the second verse, and oh my gosh that chorus is heaven. This is going to be in my Top 5 songs of the year. I would be extremely pleased if I see it hit #1 on here.
3. Oh no. Please don’t let it jump. I don’t want it at the top. I’m really hoping it should drop.
2. Post Malone - Better Now: I’m still waiting for it to stay out of the top spot. Can we please let this song drop? I better hope so.
1. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. I’m still fine it’s still there. I really want another song at the top next week.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
lovelytheband - Broken
Imagine Dragons - Natural

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Taylor Swift - Blank Space
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay*
Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
Eminem/Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie
Alessia Cara - Here
Imagine Dragons - Demons
Alessia Cara - Wild Things
Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful

* = The song grew back on me

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
19. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
18. Post Malone - Better Now
17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
16. Bazzi - Mine

3 - Decent:
15. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:

5 - Great:
14. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
13. Selena Gomez - Back To You
12. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
11. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
10. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
8. Lauv - I Like Me Better
7. Drake - In My Feelings
6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
5. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
4. Backstreet Boys - Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 76/100 = 76% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First.

    I can't describe how annoying Let You Down is. It needs to leave already. Btw, nice post, ATR!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m actually fine with Let You Down leaving. Anyway. Thanks Chase!

      Delete
  2. And, why don't you have an opinion on Jackie Chan?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023