Fall Out Boy (1) Week Of August 25, 2018

As far as the MTV Video Music Awards goes, a lot of the performances were awesome. I really like some of the performances, but there were some of the performances in this one that I actually don't like. But it's still awesome. Anyway. Now let's get to the countdown! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
Walk The Moon - One Foot
Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way
MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour [You will forever be missed. :(]
Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe
Bazzi - Mine

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
The Countdown:
#45. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#34)
#44. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#40)
#43. Drake - In My Feelings (#36)
#42. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#42)
#41. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#24)
#40. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#37)
#39. George Ezra - Shotgun (DEBUT)
#38. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#28)
#37. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir (DEBUT)
#36. Halsey - Alone (#40)
#35. Brown & Gray - Top Down (DEBUT)
#34. PNAU - Go Bang (#38)
#33. Weezer - Africa (DEBUT)
#32. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#29)
#31. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind (DEBUT)
#30. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#26)
#29. Maroon 5 - Wait (#25)
#28. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#20)
#27. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (DEBUT)
#26. Madison Beer - Home With You (#32)
#25. Post Malone - Better Now (#14) [YES!!!!!!]
#24. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#30)
#23. PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You (#27)
#22. Cardi B. - I Like It (#22)
#21. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#31)
#20. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (DEBUT)
#19. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#17)
#18. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#16)
#17. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#18)
#16. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#15)
#15. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#6)
#14. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#23)
#13. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#10)
#12. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#12)
#11. lovelytheband - Broken (#19)
#10. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#4) [WOOHOO!!!!!!]
#9. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#9)
#8. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#8)
#7. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#13)
#6. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#2)
#5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#5)
#4. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#11)
#3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#3)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#1)
#1. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#7) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Charlie Puth - Attention (1st and only week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Dan + Shay - Tequila (+10) has finally made a big jump this week in the Top 30. Hopefully this could get to the Top 20 next week.
I did not expect the big drop this week from Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (-17). It needs to move back up here.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

George Ezra - Shotgun: After 3 years off, he's now back. I've been enjoying his music back then. Now, this song is so awesome. I love George's vocals in this one. It really shows how talented he is. I love the lyrics in this one. Let's see how this one does on the countdown.

Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir: It's such a cool song. Though it isn't as good as Play That 
Song, but it's still cool. Pat Monahan's vocals are so great in this one. Not even Cam, which I remembered back when I heard Burning House on The Highway back in 2015, she also sounded so great in the second verse. I do love Travie McCoy's verse. Let's see if this should do great.

Brown & Gray - Top Down: Wow. More country on this countdown. This song is such a fantastic country-pop song. Sam Gray's vocals sounded great in the first verse, and the chorus was so awesome. I do love when Kaci Brown takes over the second verse. She sounded so amazing throughout the whole verse. I love when they both sing together in the pre-chorus (though Hits 1 did cut out the first half of the pre-chorus after the first verse) and the last verse. Hopefully this should do amazing on this countdown.

Weezer - Africa: The best countdown debut this week. I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation, as it's still the biggest alternative song of the year, with 6 weeks at #1 on the Alt-8. Now, on to my opinion. The production in this one was heaven, Rivers Cuomo's vocals are extremely heaven, the lyrics are heaven, the chorus was extremely heaven, everything on this song is heaven. This is definitely going to be my #1 song of 2018. I hope this one does heaven on this countdown.

Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind: This is another song that I heard a lot on Alt Nation. Now, on to the song. The production in this one was great, and Dennis' vocals are also great. I love the lyrical content in this one. This might do poorly on this countdown, but let's see how far this one gets.

Charlie Puth - The Way I Am: I've already explained why I love this one on my AT40 post. It's just a step up from Done For Me. I really love Charlie's vocals in this one, it has a nice lyrical content, and I fell in love with the chorus. Let's see if this should do great on this countdown.

Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman: It's so amazing. Not as good as No Tears Left To Cry, but it is still amazing. Ariana has a cool voice in this one and I really love that chorus. Hopefully this should do amazing on this countdown. And of course, with it's debut in the Top 20, I highly doubt it's going to do amazing on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): I'm not sure if it'll go back at the top here on this countdown, but we're going to see how long it can stay on there.
4. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm actually fine with that, because this song is just decent. Now, on to my opinion. Adam Levine's vocals in this one sounded great, and the production is just fine. The only part I don't like is Cardi B.'s verse. I guess you can call me a Cardi B. hater, because she sounds annoying. I'll be okay if this for whatever reason hits #1 on this countdown.
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: I'm still waiting for it to go to the top on this countdown. Let's see if it does soon.
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: It dropped out of the top spot. I still want it to spend another week at the top, because it's going to be in my Top 10 songs of the year. Let's see if it does next week.
1. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones: It also debuted the Top 5 this week at the top spot. I was so pleased about that, because this song is definitely their best song ever. This is their first #1 song since Centuries back in late 2014/early 2015. Now, on to my opinion. the instrumentation is amazing, Patrick Stump has some outstanding vocals, the lyrics are amazing, and that chorus is just fantastic. Let's see how long it can hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
2. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (DEBUT)
3. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
4. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now
5. The Vamps - Just My Type (DEBUT)
6. LSD - Thunderclouds (DEBUT)
7. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (DEBUT)
8. NF - Lie
9. Clean Bandit/Demi Lovato - Solo (DEBUT)
10. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful
11. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze (DEBUT)
12. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (DEBUT)
13. Anne-Marie - 2002
14. AJR - Burn The House Down
15. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: I heard this song before on Alt Nation. Not as good as Friends, but it's still awesome. I like the production on this one and the vocals are so awesome. I enjoyed the drop in the chorus. Let's see if that'll make the countdown soon.

The Vamps - Just My Type: After going on hiatus for a year, they are finally back. I could say that this song is just a step up from All Night. The vocals in this one are so nice, and I love the lyrics. Hopefully this could make the countdown soon.

LSD - Thunderclouds: This is their debut single for Hits 1. I've been a fan of this group when I first heard Genius on Alt Nation. Now, on to the song. The production is very amazing, Labrinth and Sia both sounded awesome, and I love Diplo's drop in the chorus. Let's see if it makes the countdown anytime soon.

Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It: And of course, after High Hopes hit #1 on the countdown, this song now debuts Hit Bound. Now, on to the song. I love the instrumentation, Brendon's vocals are very amazing, and wow. That chorus was fantastic. Let's see if it'll debut the countdown next week.

Clean Bandit/Demi Lovato - Solo: It's such an amazing song. Demi's vocals in this one sounded so amazing, the production is so amazing, the chorus was so amazing, the drop is so amazing, everything on this song is so amazing. This better debut the countdown soon.

Walk The Moon - Kamikaze: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is another song that I heard a lot on Alt Nation. Oh my gosh. We now have more rock and roll coming on Hits 1. Now, on to the song. This is definitely better than One Foot. I love the vocals in this none and I fell in love with the chorus. This needs to debut the countdown next week.

Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises: It's such an outstanding song. It's just a step up from One Kiss. Sam's vocals in this one shine throughout the whole song, and I love that drop in the chorus. I'll have more words on this one when it debuts the countdown.

Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore: The very first time I heard that song is yesterday when I was listening to the AT40 and it is an awesome song. Now, on to my opinion. Bryce's vocals in this one are so awesome, and the chorus was awesome. Here's to hoping it should debut the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
19. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
18. Imagine Dragons - Natural
17. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
16. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
15. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
14. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
13. Selena Gomez - Back To You
12. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
11. Ariana Gramde - God Is A Woman
10. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
9. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
7. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
6. lovelytheband - Broken
5. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Your #1 song of the year is going to be a cover of a song that was released in 1982 (that's worse than he original)?

    Ok then. Great post though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Weezer remake is just an amazing way to introduce another generation to a really freaking great song! This was a super fun remake, in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. ATR, love the country additions to the countdown. Pop music really is becoming a melting pot. Alternative, Rock, Country... I like the variety! Another cool post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no

      noooooo

      nooooooooooooooooo

      nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      Delete
    2. Hahaha... which part are you “noooo-ing” to? Country, Rock or the Alternative additions to the countdown? :)

      Delete
    3. All of them for the most part. Pop and Rap are where it's at. Some alt isn't bad, but rock can be too loud and obnoxious at times and country is boring. Now all of these genres do have their high points, but it's not exactly often that I find them.

      Delete
  3. I hope back to you hits #1! Good post, ATR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Back to You needs to go away already. I'm so sick of this same old song.

      Delete
    2. Yeah. I hope it does too. I’m not sure if it’s going to, though.

      Delete
  4. ATR, I have a dentist appointment today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023