Panic! At The Disco (1) Week Of August 11, 2018

The countdown this week looks good. I have only one thing I should say that’s great. about this countdown. The biggest jump this week is the best thing about this countdown. I’ll get to that later in this post. I don’t have anything else to say, so let’s get to it! Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me

Last Week’s #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Delicate
The Countdown:
#45. Liam Payne - Familiar (#45)
#44. Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit (#33)
#43. Bazzi - Mine (#43)
#42. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe (#44)
#41. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#38)
#40. Halsey - Alone (#27)
#39. Drake - In My Feelings (#37)
#38. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (DEBUT)
#37. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#40)
#36. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#36)
#35. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#35)
#34. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#25)
#33. The Wrecks - James Dean (#30)
#32. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don’t Give A F**k) (#21)
#31. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#41)
#30. Madison Beer - Home With You (#29)
#29. lovelytheband - Broken (#28)
#28. Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way (#34)
#27. Maroon 5 - Wait (#26)
#26. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (#39)
#25. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#32)
#24. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#14)
#23. PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You (#31)
#22. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#23)
#21. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#24)
#20. Post Malone - Better Now (#15)
#19. Niall Horan - On the Loose (#22)
#18. Cardi B. - I Like It (#19)
#17. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#20)
#16. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#17)
#15. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#18)
#14. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#12)
#13. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#10)
#12. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#5) [NO!!!!!!]
#11. Backstreet Boys - Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (#9)
#10. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#8)
#9. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#11)
#8. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#10)
#7. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#13)
#6. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#7)
#5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#6)
#4. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#3)
#3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#4)
#2. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#1)
#1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Imagine Dragons - Believer (3rd and final week at #1)

This Week’s Mover and Shaker:

MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (+13) has finally made it’s comeback this week! This song is even going to be in my Top 10 songs of the year. Let’s see if this song should move up more.
Halsey - Alone (-13) is unfortunately almost off the pop radio charts. I wasn’t that pleased about it having the biggest drop this week.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects: It’s such an awesome song. But this time, Andrew Taggart did not take on some vocals. He worked on the production on this one. Now, on to the song. I really like the production and Emily’s vocals are so awesome. Hopefully this should do awesome on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): It re-entered the Top 5 this week. I'm so glad to see that. Hopefully this could go back to #1 soon.
4. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: It's almost out of there. Now this song needs to keep dropping and it needs to leave here next week.
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: As it debuts the Top 3 this week, this should most likely go to the top next week. Will this be their 3rd #1 song? We're going to have to wait and see.
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate: It dropped out of the top spot. I still want it to spend another week at #1 soon.
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: I was extremely pleased to see this song at the top. This is definitely their best song. This is now their 3rd #1 song here on the countdown. Let's see how long it takes to hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Noah Cyrus/MAX - Team
2. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir
3. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
4. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now
5. Justin Timberlake - SoulMate
6. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
7. Years & Years - If You're Over Me
8. Brown & Gray - Top Down
9. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (DEBUT)
10. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love (DEBUT)
11. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
12. NF - Lie (DEBUT)
13. Weezer - Africa
14. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
15. AJR - Burn The House Down (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful: I could say that this song is actually better than Mine for now. I like the production in this one, the vocals are awesome, Camila's vocals are so amazing in the second verse, and I love that chorus. It should debut the countdown when Mine leaves the countdown.

Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love: It's just a step up from Why. Sabrina does have a very good voice in this one and I'm a fan of the lyrics. Hopefully this should debut the countdown.

NF - Lie: This song was mediocre when I first heard it on the American Top 40. And then after a few more listens, it's now horrible. This is easily his worst song. I could say that the vocals sounded okay, but the production is underwhelming for the most part. It better not debut the countdown.

AJR - Burn The House Down: I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. This song was #4 this week on the Alt-8. Now, on to the song. I like the vocals in this one and I enjoyed the chorus. Hopefully this should debut the countdown anytime soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Cardi B. - I Like It
19. Post Malone - Better Now
18. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
17. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Imagine Dragons - Natural
15. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
14. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
13. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
12. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
11. Selena Gomez - Back To You
10. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
9. Niall Horan - On The Loose
8. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
7. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
5. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 85/100 = 85% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Happy Now all of a sudden in red?

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I gave that song a few more listens throughout the week, and now it’s bad.

      Delete
    2. And sorry. I got a lot of things to say in blue. I’ll change it to black.

      Delete
    3. No it isn’t to me, Chase.

      Delete
    4. Disagreed with ATR and KTork. I think it's amazing.

      Delete
  2. AJR Burn the House Down is my absolute favorite right now! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the #1 song right now. Good post, ATR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me why, QueenCookie. Anyway. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Well, I’ve always liked Panic! At the Disco. I think they make really fun, and unique songs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023