Panic! At The Disco (2) Week Of August 18, 2018

This week was a sad week this week. Why? We have the loss of Aretha Franklin this week. That's one of the sad things that happened over the year. So far, the countdown this week was okay. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

The Wrecks - James Dean
Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit
Liam Payne - Familiar

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
The Countdown:
#45. Bazzi - Mine (#43) [Please leave soon.]
#44. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe (#42)
#43. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (#26) [WHAT?!]
#42. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#41)
#41. Cheat Codes/U2 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way (#28)
#40. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#34) [DON'T DROP!!!!!!]
#39. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#37)
#38. Pnau - Go Bang (DEBUT)
#37. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#35)
#36. Drake - In My Feelings (#39) [GET GOING!!!!!!]
#35. Halsey - Alone (#40)
#34. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#31)
#33. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#25)
#32. Madison Beer - Home With You (#30) [Please jump!]
#31. Dan + Shay - Tequila (DEBUT)
#30. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (DEBUT) [Let's go!]
#29. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#19)
#28. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#36) [YES!!!!!!]
#27. PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You (#23)
#26. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#32)
#25. Maroon 5 - Wait (#27) [Please drop!!!]
#24. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#22)
#23. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#15)
#22. Cardi B. - I Like It (#18) [KEEP DROPPING!!!]
#21. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#21)
#20. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#38)
#19. lovelytheband - Broken (#29)
#18. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#12) [OH NO!!!!!!]
#17. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#17)
#16. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#16)
#15. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#13)
#14. Post Malone - Better Now (#20) [ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!]
#13. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#11)
#12. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#24)
#11. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#10)
#10. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#2)
#9. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#9)
#8. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#14)
#7. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#7)
#6. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#8)
#5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#5)
#4. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#4)
#3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#3)
#2. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#6)
#1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Shawn Mendes -There's Nothing Holding Me Back (4 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

As The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (+18) has gaining some airplay on the pop radio charts, they now have a big jump this week as it debuts the Top 20. Let's see if it'll jump up more here on the countdown.
I'm not happy about the big drop from MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (-17). It's now one of my favorite songs on the countdown and it's going to be in my Top 10 songs of the year. I'll be sad if it gets removed from the voting poll. This needs to move up next week.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Pnau - Go Bang: This group has made their first countdown appearance this week. It's such an awesome song. It does seem repetitive, but this song is catchy. I like the production on this one and the vocals sounded so awesome. However, this song might do poorly on the countdown, but I'd like it to do awesome on this countdown.

Dan + Shay - Tequila: I heard this song a lot on The Highway. This song is awesome. I really love the production and the vocals, and the chorus on this one was awesome. Let's see if it'll do great on the countdown since it spent several weeks at #1 on the Highway Hot 30.

Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess: The best countdown debut this week. This song is by far Bebe's best song. She has some talented vocals, I love the production, and that chorus was fantastic. This better do amazing on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): I'm glad it's still there. I'm not sure if it'll go back to #1 on here. But I'm hoping it should anytime soon.
4. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle: WHY IS IT STILL THERE???!!! I'm still waiting for it to be out of the Top 5. This needs to drop next week.
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: I'm still waiting for this song to go to #1 here. Let's see if it does soon.
2. Selena Gomez - Back To You: It re-entered the Top 5 this week. Let's see if it'll go for another shot at #1 soon.
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: I'm very pleased that it's still at the top. Let's see how much longer it can hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Justin Timberlake - SoulMate
2. George Ezra - Shotgun (DEBUT)
3. NF - Lie
4. Anne-Marie - 2002 (DEBUT)
5. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir
6. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix)
7. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now
8. Weezer - Africa
9. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
10. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
11. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
12. AJR - Burn The House Down
13. Noah Cyrus/MAX - Team
14. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
15. Brown & Gray - Top Down

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

George Ezra - Shotgun: Of course, I've been enjoying Budapest and Blame It On Me back then. And now, after 3 years off, he's now back this week. I love his vocals for the most part, and I love the lyrical content. I'll have more words on this when it debuts the countdown.

Anne-Marie - 2002: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. Her vocals are so amazing on this one, the production is so amazing, the lyrics are amazing, and I really enjoyed that chorus. Hopefully this should debut the countdown anytime soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone - Better Now
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
18. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Imagine Dragons - Natural
16. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
15. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
14. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
13. Selena Gomez - Back To You
12. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
11. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
10. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
9. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
7. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
6. lovelytheband - Broken
5. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Like what you had to say about Tequila. I really like Dan + Shay, they have great music!

    Great blog this week, ATR. I am excited about all the new music that’s making the countdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Also, do you know what my Top 10 songs of the year was?

      Delete
  2. What are your top 10 songs, so far? I think I have a few ideas which songs will be on your list. Like, maybe, Imagine Dragons Whatever It Takes? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s supposed to be a reply. Anyway, so far, my Top 10 songs of 2018 are:

      10. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
      9. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour
      8. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
      7. Taylor Swift - Delicate
      6. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends
      5. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies
      4. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
      3. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars
      2. Madison Beer - Home With You
      1. Weezer - Africa

      Delete
    2. You know, I hit reply every time, but it sometimes just makes a whole new comment. Weird? I love your list! Love!

      Delete
    3. You know, I agree with you, those are pretty good songs, except #4

      Delete
    4. KTork: Oh my gosh. That’s weird.

      QueenCookie: I know they are. But what’s wrong with Never Be The Same?

      Delete
    5. I just think never be the same is old, and it’s not Camila Cabellos best

      Delete
  3. I can’t believe that The Middle is still on the countdown! Great post, ATR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know QueenCookie. I can’t believe it either.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023