5 Seconds Of Summer (1) Week Of September 8, 2018

What a sad week this week. This week, we have the loss of Mac Miller. He died a couple of days ago by an overdose. That's one of the sad things that happened this week. I usually enjoy a lot of his music. So, I'd like to say rest in peace, he will forever be missed. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Maroon 5 - Wait
Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me
Lauv - I Like Me Better

Last Week's #1 Song: Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
The Countdown:
#45. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#44)
#44. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#36)
#43. Halsey - Alone (#37)
#42. Drake - In My Feelings (#40)
#41. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#41)
#40. Cardi B. - I Like It (#42)
#39. George Ezra - Shotgun (#38)
#38. NF - Lie (DEBUT)
#37. Madison Beer - Home With You (#31)
#36. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (DEBUT)
#35. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (DEBUT)
#34. Brown & Gray - Top Down (#30)
#33. PNAU - Go Bang (#33)
#32. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir (#32)
#31. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (DEBUT)
#30. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#27)
#29. PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You (#24)
#28. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#35)
#27. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#16)
#26. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#19) [STOP DROPPING!!!!!!]
#25. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind (#26)
#24. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#13)
#23. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#14)
#22. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#28)
#21. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#29)
#20. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#23)
#19. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#18)
#18. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#17)
#17. Weezer - Africa (#22)
#16. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#6)
#15. lovelytheband - Broken (#11)
#14. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#25)
#13. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#7)
#12. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#12)
#11. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#9)
#10. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#3)
#9. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#20)
#8. Post Malone - Better Now (#15)
#7. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#21)
#6. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#8)
#5. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#10)
#4. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#5)
#3. Fall Out Boy - the Last Of The Real Ones (#1)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#2)
#1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#4) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back (5th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (+14) has finally made the Top 10. Hopefully it should go for the Top 5 soon.
As far as I know, Shawn Mendes - In My Blood and Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (-11) have been tied for the biggest drop of the week as they both drop out of the Top 20. Seriously voters? Not cool. Let's see if they should make their comeback.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

NF - Lie: The song was mediocre when I first heard it on the American Top 40. And now, this song was just horrible. This is easily the worst song that I've ever heard from him. I know it doesn't have the pitchy vocals like they did in the beginning of Let You Down. But it's still horrible. I could say that the vocals sounded okay in this one, but the production is very underwhelming. This better not do great here on the countdown.

Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. This song was #2 this week on the Alt-8. Though this song isn't as good as Friends, but it's still an awesome song. The production in this one was pretty good, Dan Smith's vocals in this one are so awesome, and I enjoyed the drop in the chorus. Let's see if it'll do awesone on this countdown.

Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix): The best countdown debut this week. This song is definitely better than Mine for right now. I like the production on this one, the vocals are so awesome, Camila's vocals in the second verse sounded so amazing, and I love the chorus. Let's see if this should do better than Mine.

Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now: This song is not interesting at all. There's no other way to describe this song. Though it's not as bad as The Middle, but it is still garbage. The production is bland and generic, and the instrumental or whatever that is in the chorus is just plain-out boring. I could say that Elley sounded decent in this song. I absolutely do not like the computerized vocals at the end of the song. Come on, Zedd is capable of more stuff. This better not become a massive hit, it is just garbage.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I was very pleased to see it. It's definitely Khalid's best song. I pretty much explained why it's his best song. The production is so amazing, Khalid's vocals are heaven, I love Normani's vocals in the second verse, and that chorus was heaven. This better be at #1 soon. He never had a #1 song on here, and I'm hoping this should be Khalid's first #1 song.
4. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): Looks like it's about to go to the top spot again. Let's see if it does soon.
3. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones: It dropped out of the top spot. I still want it to spend another week at the top, because this is their best song.
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: I still want it to stay in the Top 5 for a little while longer at the very least.
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: I was so pleased to see this song at the top. This is definitely their best song ever. This is now their 3rd #1 song on this countdown. Let's see how long it can hold the spot.

Now, let's review tbis week's Hit Bound:

1. Jason Derulo/David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Willy William - Goodbye
2. LSD - Thunderclouds
3. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
4. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises
5. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
6. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (DEBUT)
7. Anne-Marie - 2002
8. AJR - Burn The House Down
9. Clean Bandit/Demi Lovato - Solo
10. Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free (DEBUT)
11. Kim Petras - Heart To Break (DEBUT)
12. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze
13. The Vamps - Just My Type
14. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore
15. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (RE-ENTRY)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan: I know Tiesto has been a talented EDM producer. But the main reason why it's in orange is because of Post Malone. The production is grating, I hate Post Malone's vocals in this one, and the lyrics are so dumb. I also don't like Preme's part in this song. This better not debut the countdown.

Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free: It's such a cool song. I love the production on this one, Pitbull's verses flow very nicely throughout the song and Theron Theron's vocals sounded awesome in the chorus. Hopefully this should debut the countdown anytime soon.

Kim Petras - Heart To Break: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I really love Kim's voice in this one. It shows how talented she is. I do have a feeling that it's going to stay on Hit Bound for a while, but I'm hoping it should make the countdown anytime soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone - Better Now
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
18. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Imagine Dragons - Natural
16. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
15. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
14. Selena Gomez - Back To You
13. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
12. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
11. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
10. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
9. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
7. lovelytheband - Broken
6. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
5. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Weezer - Africa

Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. “(Mac Miller) died a couple of years ago by an overdose.”

    You mean a few days ago? Good post aside from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. You hate everything involving Post don't you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023