5 Seconds Of Summer (2) Week Of September 15, 2018

We are now basically 3 quarters through the year. And of course, my blog was at the 1-year mark a couple of days ago. I really don't have anything to say about this one, the countdown this week looks good. We do have a mixture of good and bad things happening on the countdown this week. That's all I have to say about this countdown. Now, let's get to it. Unfortunately, there are no songs leaving the countdown this week. So let's get right into the countdown.

Last Week's #1 Song: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
The Countdown:
#45. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#44)
#44. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#45)
#43. Drake - In My Feelings (#42)
#42. Halsey - Alone (#43)
#41. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#41)
#40. Cardi B. - I Like It (#40)
#39. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#23)
#38. Madison Beer - Home With You (#37)
#37. Brown & Gray - Top Down (#35)
#36. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#26)
#35. George Ezra - Shotgun (#39)
#34. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#24)
#33. NF - Lie (#38)
#32. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#28)
#31. PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You (#29)
#30. PNAU - Go Bang (#33)
#29. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#21)
#28. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir (#32)
#27. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#35)
#26. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#30)
#25. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind (#25)
#24. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#36)
#23. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (#31)
#22. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#27)
#21. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#22)
#20. lovelytheband - Broken (#15)
#19. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#12)
#18. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#20)
#17. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#19)
#16. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#10)
#15. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#13)
#14. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#18)
#13. Weezer - Africa (#17)
#12. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#14)
#11. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#6)
#10. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#7)
#9. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#11)
#8. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#16)
#7. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#9)
#6. Post Malone - Better Now (#8)
#5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#4)
#4. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#3)
#3. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#5)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#2)
#1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Niall Horan - Slow Hands (2 of 3 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (+12) has been gaining airplay on pop radio charts. I'm pretty sure it's going to do better than the Alt-8. Let's see if it does.
Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (-16) is unfortunately on it's way out of here. Though this song is almost old, but I still enjoy this song and I'm never going to get sick of it.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night): Oh come on. I still want this song to stay in the Top 5. Let's see if it does soon.
4. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones: I did not expect this song to drop. I want it to be back in the Top 3. Let's see if it does next week.
3. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: Looks like it's about to go to the top soon. I really hope it goes to #1 next week.
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: I still want it to stay in the Top 3 for a little while longer and let it go back at the top soon.
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm glad it's still at the top. Let's see how long it can hold the spot even more.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Loud Luxury/Brando - Body (DEBUT)
2. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
3. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan
4. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore
5. The Vamps - Just My Type
6. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (DEBUT)
7. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises
8. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze
9. Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free
10. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
11. AJR - Burn The House Down
12. Anne-Marie - 2002
13. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
14. Kim Petras - Heart To Break
15. Jason Derulo/David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Willy William - Goodbye

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Loud Luxury/Brando - Body: This song is just decent. I love the vocals in this one, but it's actually repetitive and not memorable for the most part. Though it might stay on Hit Bound for a while, but I'll be okay if it makes the countdown soon.

Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I pretty much already explained why this song was so amazing when it debuted the American Top 40 a couple of weeks ago. I love the production on this one, Khalid’s vocals sounded great in his verse, Halsey’s vocals shine pretty much throughout the second verse, and that chorus is just heaven. I'm really hoping it should debut the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone - Better Now
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
18. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
17. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Imagine Dragons - Natural
15. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
14. Selena Gomez - Back To You
13. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
12. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
11. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
10. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
9. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
7. lovelytheband - Broken
6. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
5. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Weezer - Africa

Total Score: 87/100 = 87% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. On The Loose was #44 last week, you need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third place.

    And I’m very happy with On the Loose going down to #45 this week, and next week, it’s going to leave the countdown. That’ why I hate it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023