AT40: Khalid (1) Week Of September 29, 2018

I hope everyone has a great first full week of Fall. So what I figured out today is that the American Music Awards will be held next month. I'm looking forward to see one of the performances. I don't have anything else to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Madison Beer -Home With You
The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me

Last Week's #1 Song: Post Malone - Better Now
The Countdown:
#40. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#40)
#39. Tyga/Offset - Taste (DEBUT)
#38. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#39)
#37. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#35)
#36. Ella Mai - Boo'd Up (RE-ENTRY)
#35. Weezer - Africa (#38)
#34. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#33)
#33. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (#36)
#32. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#31)
#31. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (#34)
#30. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#32)
#29. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#26)
#28. lovelytheband - Broken (#35)
#27. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love (#28)
#26. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#20)
#25. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#30)
#24. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#23)
#23. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#27)
#22. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#19)
#21. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#25)
#20. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#15)
#19. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#24)
#18. Bazzi - Mine (#18)
#17. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (#21)
#16. NF - Lie (#16)
#15. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (#17)
#14. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#12)
#13. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#13)
#12. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#14)
#11. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget (#11)
#10. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#10)
#9. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#8)
#8. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#9)
#7. Drake - In My Feelings (#7)
#6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#6)
#5. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It (#5)
#4. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#4)
#3. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#3)
#2. Post Malone - Better Now (#1)
#1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#2) [1st Week At #1] [STAY THERE!!!!!!]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Charlie Puth - Attention (5th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) and Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (+5) are really gaining some airplay on pop radio charts! Let's see if they should move up even more.
Unfortunately, Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (-6) is on it's way out of here. I'm not too thrilled about this song taking a pretty big drop out of the Top 20. This is the best friend-zone anthem that I've ever heard and it's going to be in my Top 10 songs of the year.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Tyga/Offset - Taste: Ugh. Why do we need more rap music on here? This song is just horrible. I already explained why I hate rap music. The production in this one was bland, generic, and egregious, the vocals are grating and the lyrics are terrible. This better not do great on here.

Ella Mai - Boo'd Up: It re-entered the countdown this week. I'm actually okay with that. Let's see how this one does in its second shot.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It: I'm still waiting for this song to be out of the Top 5. Let's see if it does next week.
4. Selena Gomez - Back To You: I thought it was going to be in the Top 3 this week. I hope it's going to be next week.
3. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: I'm still fine with this song still being there. But I'm still going to be okay if it's out of there. It's just decent.
2. Post Malone - Better Now: It dropped out of the top spot. I'm glad it's out of here. Now this needs to keep dropping and it's needs to be out of here.
1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: I was extremely pleased to see this song at the top. Hopefully it can be there to stay for a little while longer at the very least.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Jonas Blue/Jack & Jack - Rise
Logic/Ryan Tedder - One Day
Jason Derulo/David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Willy William - Goodbye

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Charlie Puth - One Call Away
Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Maroon 5 - Wait
Julia Michaels - Issues
Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right
Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams
19. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
18. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
17. Post Malone - Better Now
16. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan
15. NF - Lie

1 - Bad:
14. Bazzi - Mine

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
13. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
12. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
11. Selena Gomez - Back To You
10. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
9. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
8. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget
7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
6. Drake - In My Feelings
5. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
4. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (+2 extra points for being #1)

Total Score: 67/100 = 67% (D) [Bad]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023