AT40: Post Malone (1) Week Of September 15, 2018

I really don't have anything to say about this countdown except for one bad thing I really have to say. We do have another awful #1 song, which is not good. We also have some decent debuts this week. Anyway. Let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right
Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be

Last Week's #1 Song: Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You
The Countdown:
#40. Ella Mai - Boo'd Up (DEBUT)
#39. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#37)
#38. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (DEBUT)
#37. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (DEBUT)
#36. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#35)
#35. lovelytheband - Broken (#40)
#34. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#33)
#33. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love (#36)
#32. Maroon 5 - Wait (#31)
#31. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#34)
#30. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#32)
#29. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#27)
#28. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (#29)
#27. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#30)
#26. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#24)
#25. Madison Beer - Home With You (#26)
#24. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#22)
#23. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (#28)
#22. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#19)
#21. NF - Lie (#21)
#20. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#18)
#19. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#23)
#18. Bazzi - Mine (#16)
#17. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#20)
#16. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#14)
#15. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#13)
#14. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#12)
#13. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#17)
#12. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget (#15)
#11. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#9)
#10. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#11)
#9. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#8)
#8. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#10)
#7. Drake - In My Feelings (#6)
#6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#7)
#5. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#5)
#4. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It (#3)
#3. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#4)
#2. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#1)
#1. Post Malone - Better Now (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Charlie Puth - Attention (3 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I was so pleased to see lovelytheband - Broken having the biggest rise of the week as it gains lots and lots of airplay on the pop radio charts. But unfortunately, Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (+5) has also been tied for the biggest rise of the week this week, which I'm not happy to see.
Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (-3) has finally had the biggest fall of the week this week! Woohoo! Now this needs to keep dropping. I really had it with this song.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Ella Mai - Boo'd Up: It's just mediocre. The production here is not very interesting. I could say that  Ella sounded decent in some parts in this song. So yeah. It's just mediocre. There's nothing interesting about this song. I think I should give this song a couple of more listens. Maybe it'll stay in blue. Let's see how this one does.

Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now: This song is definitely not interesting at all. I pretty much already explained why when it debuted the countdown last week. I know Zedd has been a talented EDM producer back then. But after The Middle when he was with Maren Morris and Grey, everything is going downhill. There's no other way to describe this song. Though it isn't as bad as The Middle, but it is still garbage. The production is bland and generic, and the instrumental or whatever that is in the chorus is just plain-out boring. but I could say that Elley sounded decent throughout the whole song. I absolutely do not like the computerized vocals at the end of the song. Come on, Zedd is capable of more stuff. This better not do great on here or anywhere else. It's just garbage.

Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix): That's the only great debut this week. This song is definitely better than Mine. The production on this one was pretty good, Bazzi's vocals are so awesome, Camila sounded so amazing in the second verse, and I love that chorus. I'm pretty sure it's going to become a massive hit on this countdown. This better do awesome on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Selena Gomez - Back To You: Oh come on. Why is it still holding at that spot? I really want to see it do great here in the Top 5.
4. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It: It's finally out of the Top 3. Hopefully it should keep dropping.
3. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: I was extremely pleased to see it making it's debut in the Top 3. Now I want this song to be #1 next week.
2. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: It dropped out of the top spot. I'm okay with that. Because it's just decent.
1. Post Malone - Better Now: CURSE YOU FOR PUTTING THIS SONG AT THE TOP SPOT!!!!!!!!!! I'm not too thrilled about this song at the top. I hate Post Malone so much. This needs to be out of here next week.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
Clean Bandit/Demi Lovato - Solo
Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
Childish Gambino - Redbone
Drake - God's Plan
Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE.
Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
Big Boi - All Night
Drake - Nice For What
The Weeknd - The Hills
G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
19. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
18. Post Malone - Better Now

1 - Bad:
17. Bazzi - Mine

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
14. Selena Gomez - Back To You
13. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
12. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
11. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
10. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
8. Drake - In My Feelings
7. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
6. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore
5. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
4. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - friends

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 80/100 = 80% (B-) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Third.

    And I gotta say no tears left to cry is so crap. I hate when Ariana Grande sings it in the chorus. It's so fudging annoying. Btw. nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t worry Chase. It’s on it’s way out of here. Also, thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023