AT40: Post Malone (2) Week Of September 22, 2018

Hey guys. We are now in the first weekend of Fall. There's a mixture of good and bad things to say about the American Top 40 this week. We do have some amazing debuts this week, but the biggest fall and rise are bad. Anyway. Now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
Maroon 5 - Wait
Ella Mai - Boo'd Up

Last Week's #1 Song: Post Malone - Better Now
The Countdown:
#40. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#39)
#39. Anne-Marie - 2002 (DEBUT)
#38. Weezer - Africa (DEBUT)
#37. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#36)
#36. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (#38)
#35. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#34)
#34. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (DEBUT)
#33. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#29)
#32. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (DEBUT)
#31. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#20)
#30. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#37)
#29. lovelytheband - Broken (#35)
#28. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love (#33)
#27. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#31)
#26. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#24)
#25. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#27)
#24. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#30)
#23. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#22)
#22. Madison Beer - Home With You (#25)
#21. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (#28)
#20. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#16)
#19. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#19)
#18. Bazzi - Mine (#18)
#17. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (#23)
#16. NF - Lie (#21)
#15. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#14)
#14. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#17)
#13. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#13)
#12. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#11)
#11. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget (#12)
#10. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#9)
#9. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#10)
#8. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#8)
#7. Drake - In My Feelings (#7)
#6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#6)
#5. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It (#4)
#4. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#5)
#3. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#2)
#2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#3)
#1. Post Malone - Better Now (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Charlie Puth - Attention (4 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

The fact that Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan having the biggest rise of the week this week makes me want to loathe. I really do hate Post Malone's music. But lucky for me, Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (+7) has tied for the biggest rise of the week this week, which is pretty good.
I did not expect Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (-11) to drop all the way out of the Top 30 from the Top 20. This better make it's comeback.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Anne-Marie - 2002: This song is so amazing. She really has some amazing vocals, the production on this one is so amazing, the lyrics are amazing, and that chorus is what I enjoyed. Because in that chorus, it has some references to some of the most popular songs during the time period, which are Oops I Did It Again, Bye Bye Bye, Ride Wit Me and ...Baby One More Time. I enjoyed these songs before. This better do amazing on this countdown.

Weezer - Africa: The best debut of the week. This version of the song is a cover by the original version by Toto back in 1983. The production is heaven, Rivers Cuomo's vocals are extremely heaven, the lyrics are heaven, the chorus is extremely heaven, everything on this one is heaven. This song is definitely going to be my #1 song of 2018. I hope this one does heaven on here.

Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises: This song is so outstanding. It's just a step up from One Kiss. I love the production on this one, Sam's vocals in this one shine throughout the whole song, and I love the drop in the chorus. Let's see if this should do awesome on here.

Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. It's such a cool alt/pop song. Though it isn't as good as Friends, but it's still awesome. The production in this one was pretty good, Dan Smith's vocals in this one are so awesome, and I enjoyed the drop in the chorus. Let's see if this should do great on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It: Oh my gosh. Looks like it's about to be out of here. Let's see if it'll be out of here next week.
4. Selena Gomez - Back To You: It looks like it's about to be on the Top 3. Let's see if it does next week.
3. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: I'm actually fine with this song dropping. Though it's almost out of the Top 3. But I'm still fine with that.
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: Oh my gosh. It's about to go to the top here. I'm hoping it does next week.
1. Post Malone - Better Now: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. WHY IS IT STILL THERE???!!! This needs to be out of that spot. I had it with his music.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Clean Bandit/Demi Lovato - Solo
Jonas Blue/Jack & Jack - Rise
Tyga/Offset - Taste

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
Ella Mai - Boo'd Up
Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down
Nicki Minaj/Ariana Grande - Bed
DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts
Drake - Nice For What
OneRepublic - Counting Stars
Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams
19. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
18. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
17. Post Malone - Better Now
16. NF - Lie

1 - Bad:
15. Bazzi - Mine

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
14. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
13. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
12. Selena Gomez - Back To You
11. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
10. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
9. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
7. Drake - In My Feelings
6. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
5. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore
4. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
2. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 70/100 = 70% (C-) [Mediocre]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023