Panic! At The Disco (4) Week Of September 29, 2018

This week's countdown looks so good. We finally have another rap song leaving the countdown this week! Thank you voters! Unfortunately, we did lose a song that's in my Top 3 songs of the year that'll forever be missed. We also have a mixture of good and bad things happening on this countdown. Now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Cardi B. - I Like It
Madison Beer - Home With You
PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You
Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
Drake - In My Feelings

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
The Countdown:
#45. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#38)
#44. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#36)
#43. Clean Bandit/Demi Lovato - Solo (#27)
#42. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#44)
#41. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#33)
#40. The Vamps - Just My Type (DEBUT)
#39. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#39)
#38. Brown & Gray - Top Down (#28)
#37. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (DEBUT)
#36. Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir (#34)
#35. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (I Don't Give A F**k) (#35)
#34. AJR - Burn The House Down (#32)
#33. Kim Petras - Heart To Break (DEBUT)
#32. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#30)
#31. Anne-Marie - 2002 (DEBUT)
#30. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#29)
#29. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (DEBUT)
#28. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love (#37)
#27. lovelytheband - Broken (#16)
#26. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#25)
#25. Weezer - Africa (#11) [NO!!!!!!]
#24. Labrinth/Sia/Diplo - Thunderclouds (#31)
#23. George Ezra - Shotgun (#24)
#22. Bazzi/Camila Cabello -  Beautiful (Remix) (#23)
#21. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#22)
#20. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (#21)
#19. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#20)
#18. Post Malone - Better Now (#10)
#17. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#19)
#16. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#9)
#15. NF - Lie (#26)
#14. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#15)
#13. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#18)
#12. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#17)
#11. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#13)
#10. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#6)
#9. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#7)
#8. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#8)
#7. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#14)
#6. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#12)
#5. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#4)
#4. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#3)
#3. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#5)
#2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#2)
#1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#1) [4th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Liam Payne - Strip That Down (1 of 2 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

The fact that NF - Lie (+11) having the biggest jump this week into the Top 20 makes me wanna loathe. Man, this Top 20 this week doesn't look good.
The other thing that made me wanna loathe is that Clean Bandit/Demi Lovato - Solo (-16) had the biggest drop this week all the way to the Bottom 5. This needs to gain lots and lots of airplay on the pop radio charts.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

The Vamps - Just My Type: They have now returned to the countdown after 1 year off. Now, this song is such an awesome song. Though it isn't as good as Somebody To You or Wake Up, but it's just a step up from All Night. It's fast and catchy. I love the pop-rock production, the vocals in this one are so nice, and I love the lyrics. I would like it to see it do well on this countdown.

Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore: This is his first countdown appearance this week. After this song was doing great on the AT40, this now debuts the countdown. Now, this song is such an amazing song. I love the production on this one, Bryce's vocals are so amazing, and the chorus was amazing. This better do amazing on this countdown.

Kim Petras - Heart To Break: This is her first countdown appearance this week. It's such an amazing song. I love the beat and the production on this one, and I love Kim's voice in this one. It really shows how talented she is. I also love the way she can hit those notes in the chorus. I really want to see this one do amazing on this countdown.

Anne-Marie - 2002: The best countdown debut this week. I pretty much already explained why this song was amazing when it debuted the American Top 40 last week. The production was amazing, her vocals are amazing, the lyrics are amazing, and I enjoyed the chorus. Because it has some references to one of the songs from this time period. That's very interesting about this song. I really hope this one does amazing on this countdown.

Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It: I'm glad that this song is joining Say Amen (Saturday Night) and High Hopes on the countdown. Now, on to my opinion. I love the instrumentation, Brendon's vocals in this one are very amazing, the horns are awesome, and wow. That chorus was fantastic. I hope this one does amazing on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones: I actually don't want this song to drop. I'd like it to stay in there. Let's see if it'll move up soon.
4. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: No. Please don't let this song drop. I would like it to be at the top spot like it did this week on the AT40. Let's see if it does next week.
3. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart: Looks like it's about to be at the top spot. Let's see if it'll be there soon.
2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: I'm actually okay with this song still at that spot. But I'll still be glad if it's back at the top.
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I was so pleased that it's still there. Let's see how long it can hold the spot even more.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Loud Luxury/brando - Body
2. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (DEBUT)
3. Jason Derulo/David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Willy William - Goodbye
4. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (DEBUT)
5. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
6. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
7. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises
8. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze
9. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan
10. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity
11. Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free
12. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan (DEBUT)
13. Alex Aiono - Big Mistake (DEBUT)
14. Ariana Grande - Breathin (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Twenty One Pilots - My Blood: I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. This song was #3 this week on the Alt-8. Though this song isn't as good as Jumpsuit or Nico And The Niners, but it's still an awesome song. I love the instrumentation in this one, Tyler's vocals in this one are awesome, and I love that chorus. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This song is just a step up from Side Effects. The production is amazing, Andrew's vocals are amazing, Kelsea's vocals in the second verse were amazing, the lyrics are amazing, the chorus was amazing, everything on this song is amazing. Here's to hoping it should make the countdown soon.

Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan: This song now debuts Hit Bound replacing Nervous. This song was actually better than Nervous. This song does sound like Stay and The Middle. Shawn's vocals are not annoying like in The Middle and Happy Now. His vocals are actually very good. The production in this one was awesome. Let's see if that'll debut the countdown.

Alex Aiono - Big Mistake: Of course, I've been a fan of him when I last heard Does It Feel Like Falling on Venus. It's such a fun and catchy song. The production in this one was fun, and Alex does have a cool voice. I hope this one debuts the countdown soon.

Ariana Grande - Breathin: This song is just a step up from God Is A Woman. Ariana's vocals shine pretty much throughout the whole song, the production is amazing, and that chorus was amazing. This needs to debut the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone - Better Now
19. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle
18. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now
17. NF - Lie

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Imagine Dragons - Natural
14. Selena Gomez - Back To You
13. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
12. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
11. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
10. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
9. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
7. Dan + Shay - Tequila
6. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
5. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
4. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Nice post, man! I have a feeling that the 21 Pilots song and the Chainsmokers/Kelsey Ballerini song are going to be in the Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown within a week or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Feeling will debut the countdown this week since it has enough spins.

      Delete
  2. We also need to celebrate mumble rap and lousy lyricists leaving the countdown. Blahhhh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mumble rap did not leave the countdown. Say what you will about Drake and Cardi, but they don't mumble

      Delete
    2. Yeah Joey, we need to get this kind of music out of here.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023