5 Seconds Of Summer (3) Week Of October 20, 2018

A lot of good and bad stuff happening on the countdown this week. We have a lot of big drops happening on this countdown, which is interesting. I think that's the on'y thing to say about this countdown this week, I really don't have anything else to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Brown & Gray - Top Down
Niall Horan - On The Loose
Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
The Countdown:
#45. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#43)
#44. Post Malone - Better Now (#32)
#43. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love (#39)
#42. Weezer - Africa (#18) [NO!!!!!!]
#41. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#41)
#40. NF - Lie (#9) [YES!!!!!!]
#39. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#36)
#38. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#37)
#37. Loud Luxury/brando - Body (DEBUT)
#36. AJR - Burn The House Down (#35)
#35. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#35)
#34. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#33) [GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!]
#33. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze (DEBUT)
#32. Labrinth/Sia/Diplo - Thunderclouds (#26)
#31. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#25)
#30. Kim Petras - Heart To Break (#28)
#29. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#31)
#28. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (DEBUT)
#27. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (DEBUT)
#26. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#24)
#25. The Vamps - Just My Type (#27)
#24. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#30)
#23. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#38)
#22. Mark Ronson/Diplo/Dua Lipa - Electricity (#19)
#21. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#22)
#20. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan (#23)
#19. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#20)
#18. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#11)
#17. George Ezra - Shotgun (#12)
#16. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#6)
#15. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#15)
#14. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#29)
#13. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#3)
#12. lovelytheband - Broken (#16)
#11. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#17)
#10. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#14)
#9. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#21)
#8. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#10)
#7. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (#7)
#6. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#8)
#5. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#13)
#4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#4)
#3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#1)
#2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#5)
#1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#2) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (2 of 4 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It is now moving up after doing poorly for weeks! The other thing that tied for the biggest jump of the week is that Dan + Shay - Tequila (+15) re-entered the Top 20 this week. I'm so glad to see that.
NF - Lie (-31) had the biggest drop of the year as it dropped all the way near the Bottom 5 from the Top 10. I was so pleased to see that. Now this needs to keep dropping and it needs to be out of here soon. I had it with this song.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Loud Luxury/brando - Body: This is just a decent song. I heard this song quite a few times on Venus and this is just decent. Now, my opinion is that I do like brando's vocals in this one, but the song itself is actually repetitive and not memorable. So yeah, it's just decent. Let's see how this one does.

Walk The Moon - Kamikaze: The best countdown debut this week. I heard it a lot on Alt Nation. This one is definitely better than One Foot. I love the vocals in this one, the lyrical content in this one was amazing, and I fell in love with that chorus. I hope it does amazing on this countdown.

Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises: It's such an outstanding EDM song. It's just a step up from One Kiss. I like the production on this one, Sam's vocals shine throughout the whole song, and Jessie Reyez's backup vocals saying, "tonight" are cool. Let's see how this one does here.

Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow: This is the first song from the A Star Is Born soundtrack making the countdown. I could say that this song was just a step up from I'll Never Love Again. I love Bradley's vocals in the verses, and Gaga's vocals are so outstanding. Let's see how this one does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess: It debuted the Top 5 this week. This is by far her best song ever. Now, back to my opinion. Her vocals are so talented, the production is fantastic, and that chorus was just heaven. I was very pleased to see that and I'm hoping this should be her 2nd #1 song. She's trying to go for 2 in a row.
4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: I somehow still want this song to be in the Top 3 this week. It should be pretty awesome if it does next week.
3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: It dropped out of the top spot. Though it did had a nice time standing at the top spot for 4 weeks.
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: Great. It's about to be at the top. I really hope this song goes to #1 next week, because this song is going to be in my Top 5 songs of the year. It's going to be pretty boring if it doesn't.
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: #1 this week on the countdown and the American Top 40? Good for them. Either way, I'm glad this song is back at the top this week. But I do prefer a different song to be at the top spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Halsey - Without Me
2. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (DEBUT)
3. Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free
4. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (DEBUT)
5. Shawn Mendes - Nervous
6. Camila Cabello - Consequences (DEBUT)
7. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
8. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way (DEBUT)
9. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
10. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood
11. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan
12. Alex Aiono - Big Mistake
13. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
14. Jason Derulo/David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Willy William - Goodbye
15. Lady Gaga - I'll Never Love Again (RE-ENTRY)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly: I don't have too much to say about this one. The production in this one was okay, but Alec's vocals are underwhelming and they're childish. So yeah, this song was just mediocre. Though this song might stay on Hit Bound for a while, but I'll be okay if it makes the countdown.

David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone: This is an amazing EDM song. Like Body, I heard this song quite a few times on Venus before it debuted here and this song was AMAZING!!!!!! Anne-Marie's vocals in this one are amazing, and I fell in love with the drop in the chorus. I really hope this one makes the countdown soon.

Camila Cabello - Consequences: As what I said, she was a talented singer. Though this song is not as good as Never Be The Same, but it's still amazing. I love the production in this one, Camila's vocals shine pretty much throughout the whole song, and that chorus was fantastic. This better make the countdown soon.

Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is such a heaven song. This one is definitely better than I Like Me Better and this is definitely their best song EVER!!!!!! The vocals are heaven, the production is fantastic, Julia's vocals in the second verse are heaven, and oh my gosh. That chorus was heaven. This better make the countdown next week.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
19. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
18. Imagine Dragons - Natural
17. George Ezra - Shotgun
16. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan
15. Selena Gomez - Back To You
14. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
13. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
12. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
11. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
10. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
8. lovelytheband - Broken
7. Dan + Shay - Tequila
6. Anne-Marie - 2002
5. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
4. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
3. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023