AT40: Khalid (3) Week Of October 13, 2018

This countdown this week looks really good (even though the Top 20 still doesn't seem good). We did lose a very bad song this week, which is great. I don't have anything else to say about this countdown this week, it's just that. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now
Dua Lipa - New Rules

Last Week's #1 Song: Khalid/Normani - Love Lies
The Countdown:
#40. Logic/Ryan Tedder - One Day (DEBUT)
#39. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#38)
#38. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (DEBUT)
#37. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#35)
#36. Tyga/Offset - Taste (#39)
#35. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#37)
#34. Jason Derulo/David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Willy William - Goodbye (#36)
#33. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#32)
#32. Weezer - Africa (#34)
#31. Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (#29)
#30. Ella Mai - Boo'd Up (#31)
#29. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#27)
#28. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (#30)
#27. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love (#28)
#26. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#25)
#25. lovelytheband - Broken (#26)
#24. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#14)
#23. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#22)
#22. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#23)
#21. Bazzi - Mine (#19)
#20. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#17)
#19. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#21)
#18. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget (#13)
#17. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (#18)
#16. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#20)
#15. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#24)
#14. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#12)
#13. NF - Lie (#15)
#12. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#16)
#11. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#10)
#10. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (#11)
#9. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It (#6)
#8. Drake - In My Feelings (#7)
#7. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer (#9)
#6. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#8)
#5. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#5)
#4. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#3)
#3. Post Malone - Better Now (#2)
#2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#4)
#1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Niall Horan - Slow Hands (2nd and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (+9) has finally made the Top 20 on here. Let's see if it could move up even more.
Looks like The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (-10) is about to be out of the pop radio charts. I'm not too thrilled by it having the biggest fall of the week this week.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Logic/Ryan Tedder - One Day: This is such a cool song. The production here is awesome, the verses from those two are nice, and I love the lyrical content. I don't have anything else to say about this song. Let's see how this one does.

Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: The best debut this week. I pretty much already explained why when it first debuted the countdown a few months ago. The production is amazing, Brendon's vocals are fantastic, I'm a fan of the lyrical content, and the chorus was heaven. This is going to be in my Top 10 songs of the year. I hope it does fantastic on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On the Top 5:

5. Selena Gomez - Back To You: Can we please let this song stay there and not be out of the Top 5? I really want to see it do great on here.
4. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You: It's out of the Top 3. I'm actually fine with that. I'll still be okay if this song keeps dropping.
3. Post Malone - Better Now: Looks like it's about to be out of the Top 3. Let's see if it'll be out of here next week.
2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: It's almost at the top. I would be pleased if I see this song at the top. Let's see if it does soon.
1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm extremely pleased that it's still there. This is definitely his best song ever and it's going to be in my Top 5 songs of the year. I really want this song to stay at that spot even more.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Ariana Grande - Breathin'
LSD - Thunderclouds
Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
Flo Rida - My House
Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
Jason Derulo - Want To Want Me
Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams
19. Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
18. Post Malone - Better Now
17. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan
16. NF - Lie

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
15. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Imagine Dragons - Natural
13. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
12. Selena Gomez - Back To You
11. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
10. Kygo/Miguel - Remind Me To Forget
9. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
7. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
6. Drake - In My Feelings
5. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
4. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore
3. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
2. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (+2 extra points for being #1)

Total Score: 76/100 = 76% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. You know what I can’t believe? I can’t believe that The Middle is still hanging out on any countdown!!!

    Also, I see Logic on the countdown... he’s a great artist, I totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe The Middle is still on the countdown, too. I'm hoping it should be out of here soon. Also, I know Logic was a great artist.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023