Panic! At The Disco (7) Week Of October 27, 2018

The countdown this week still looks good. Though we did lose a song that's in my Top 10 songs of the year, which will forever be missed. Though the Top 5 this week still looks good. I think that's all I have to say, so let's get right to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

AJR - Burn The House Down
Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends [See you soon.]

Last Week's #1 Song: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
The Countdown:
#45. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#41)
#44. NF - Lie (#40)
#43. Weezer - Africa (#42)
#42. Post Malone - Better Now (#44)
#41. The Vamps - Just My Type (#25)
#40. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#35)
#39. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#38)
#38. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (DEBUT)
#37. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#39)
#36. Lady Gaga - I'll Never Love Again (DEBUT)
#35. Loud Luxury/brando - Body (#37)
#34. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#31)
#33. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#34)
#32. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#29)
#31. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (#28)
#30. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#21)
#29. Halsey - Without Me (DEBUT)
#28. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#6)
#27. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#26)
#26. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#24)
#25. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#16)
#24. Kim Petras - Heart To Break (#30)
#23. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze (#33)
#22. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity (#22)
#21. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#23)
#20. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#27)
#19. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan (#20)
#18. LSD - Thunderclouds (#32)
#17. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#19)
#16. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#18)
#15. George Ezra - Shotgun (#17)
#14. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#13)
#13. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#14)
#12. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#11)
#11. lovelytheband - Broken (#12)
#10. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (#7)
#9. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#10)
#8. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#15)
#7. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#9)
#6. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#8)
#5. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#2)
#4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#1)
#3. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#5)
#2. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#4)
#1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#3) [7th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Imagine Dragons - Thunder (1 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

LSD - Thunderclouds (+14) finally had the biggest jump this week as it re-entered the Top 20! What a week for them!
On a sad note, Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (-22) had the biggest drop of the week this week as it dropped all the way out of the Top 20 from the Top 10. I'm not too thrilled to see that. I really hope this one should get back up here soon.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams: SERIOUSLY HITS 1???!!! WHY WOULD YOU PICK UP THIS SONG?????!!!!! This song is absolutely garbage. I've already explained why this song was garbage on the American Top 40. The production is so terrible, the vocals are grating, and the lyrics are awful. This is going to be in my Bottom 5 songs of the year. This better not do amazing on this countdown.

Lady Gaga - I'll Never Love Again: Now we have 2 songs from the A Star Is Born soundtrack on to the countdown. I'm glad that this song is joining Shallow on here. Now, on to the song. She has some talented vocals on this one, the lyrics are nice, and I fell in love with the chorus. Let's see if this should do great here.

Halsey - Without Me: Of course, I usually enjoyed a lot of her music. She really is a talented singer. But I gotta say, this song was just not good. This is such a slow and boring song. The production in this one was underwhelming and her vocals do not sound good. This one is probably her worst song to date. I'm really hoping this doesn't become a hit, because this is not a good song.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: Oh come on. I don't want it to drop. I want it to go to the top. Let's see if it does soon. It's going to be really boring if it doesn't.
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: It dropped out of the top spot. It also looks like it's about to be out of the Top 5 unfortunately.
3. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess: I was so pleased to see it making it's debut in the Top 3. I really hope this could be 2 in a row for her.
2. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: Looks like it's about to be at the top. Can this song be Marshmello's first #1 song? It's going to be pretty awesome if it is.
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: I was very pleased about this song back at the top. Let's see how long it can stay there. It's getting close to tie the record that's held by Hello, Shut Up And Dance, and Shake It Off. But it needs to spend 5 more weeks at the top to tie the record. I really hope it does.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me (DEBUT)
2. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
4. Twenty One Pilots - Legend (DEBUT)
5. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone
6. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
7. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (DEBUT)
8. Shawn Mendes - Nervous
9. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me (DEBUT)
10. Camila Cabello - Consequences
11. Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free
12. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
13. Alex Aiono - Big Mistake
14. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me: This song was just mediocre. I still like the vocals, but the production is underwhelming. I'll have more words on this one when it debuts the countdown.

Twenty One Pilots - Legend: This song debuts Hit Bound replacing My Blood. I could say that this one was actually better than My Blood. I love Tyler's vocals in this one and the lyrics are nice. Let's see if that should make the countdown soon.

Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower: Are you kidding me Hits 1?! I seriously had it with his music. The production is egregious, his vocals are grating, and Swae Lee does not sound good in his verse. I really hope this doesn't debut the countdown.

Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. The production is amazing, the vocals are outstanding, the lyrics are amazing, I enjoyed the chorus, and Nicki sounded awesome in her verse. Let's see if it makes the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
19. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
18. Imagine Dragons - Natural
17. George Ezra - Shotgun
16. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan
15. Selena Gomez - Back To You
14. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow
13. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
12. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
11. LSD - Thunderclouds
10. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
9. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
8. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
6. lovelytheband - Broken
5. Dan + Shay - Tequila
4. Anne-Marie - 2002
3. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. man i sure do love the hue of a bright green against a very light grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would personally prefer it all to be in yellow

      Delete
    2. Eh, to each their own, right? I could read it just fine.

      Delete
  2. No. You got it all wrong. The production in Sunflower is very good but is bland as literal hell in Woman Like Me. And Swae Lee does sound good but you just don’t want to acknowledge it because you’re closed minded af.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... Sunflower👍

      Woman Like Me 👎

      Delete
    2. I love Sunflower and Woman like Me. They're fudging awesome.

      Delete
  3. Aye man, this is another awesome blog. I couldn’t agree more that Post Malone’s style of trash needs to find it’s way out of mainstream culture right now.

    Halsey song could definitely be better and didn’t really use her full scope of vocal / performing talents.

    A Star Is Born was a great movie to see and I’m pumped to see two songs from the soundtrack on the countdown!

    Great blog, ATR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Si will dethrone A Star is Born for #1 on Billboard 200 next week dated November 10.

      Delete
  4. #teamandreabocelli
    #teammatteobocelli
    #teamnokhalid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023