5 Seconds Of Summer (4) Week Of November 24, 2018

Once again, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. The countdown this week started airing a few  days ago, because it's the Thanksgiving edition of the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown. Anyway. I have Year-End posts to post coming soon, but for now, let's get right to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free
Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore
Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan
Kim Petras - Heart To Break

Last Week's #1 Song: Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
The Countdown:
#45. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#45)
#44. George Ezra - Shotgun (#44)
#43. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (#36)
#42. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#42)
#41. NF - Lie (#43)
#40. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#39)
#39. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze (#17) [..........]
#38. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#28)
#37. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#35)
#36. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#37)
#35. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#32)
#34. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (DEBUT)
#33. LSD (Labrinth/Sia/Diplo) - Thunderclouds (#34)
#32. Shawn Mendes - Nervous (DEBUT)
#31. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#30)
#30. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (DEBUT)
#29. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#33)
#28. Camila Cabello - Consequences (DEBUT)
#27. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (#27)
#26. Alex Aiono - Big Mistake (#21)
#25. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#15)
#24. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#26)
#23. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#9)
#22. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (#14)
#21. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#24)
#20. Loud Luxury/brando - Body (#23)
#19. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#29)
#18. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#20)
#17. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#31)
#16. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity (#16)
#15. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (#19)
#14. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#22)
#13. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan (#11)
#12. lovelytheband - Broken (#13)
#11. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#18)
#10. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#8)
#9. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#4)
#8. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#5)
#7. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#10)
#6. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#7)
#5. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#6)
#4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#1)
#3. Halsey - Without Me (#12)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#3)
#1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#2) [4th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Imagine Dragons - Thunder (2 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I was so pleased about that big jump back in the Top 20 from Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (+14). Let's see if it'll move back up soon.
I'm really not surprised about Walk The Moon - Kamikaze (-22) having the biggest drop this week. Not cool, voters. Not cool at all! This needs to jump next week.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly: This song was just mediocre. I could say that the production on this one was okay, but I found Alec's vocals to be underwhelming and childish in this one. So yeah, I really don't have too much to say about this song. This is just a mediocre song. Let's see how this one does.

Shawn Mendes - Nervous: I'm glad that this song is joining In My Blood and Lost In Japan on to the countdown this week. Now, this song was just a step up from those two. Shawn's vocals in this one are pretty good, I love the lyrics, and that chorus was great. Let's see if this one does great on here.

Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower: Seriously?! Why do we need another Post Malone song on the countdown this week? The production in this one is egregious, Post Malone's vocals in this one are grating, and Swae Lee does not sound good in his verse. But this is going to do great on here, because it's Post Malone. But I wouldn't want that, it needs to do poorly on this countdown.

Camila Cabello - Consequences: The best countdown debut this week. This is such an amazing love song. As what I said, Camila has been a talented singer, I enjoyed a lot of her songs. Now, on to the song. I pretty much already explained why this song was amazing when it debuted the American Top 40 a couple of weeks ago. The piano in this one sounded amazing, Camila's vocals shine pretty much throughout the whole song, and I fell in love with the chorus. This needs to do amazing on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling: It debuted the Top 5 this week. Now, back to my opinion. It's a nice duet between Andrew and Kelsea. First off, Kelsea's vocals in the first verse are amazing, and Andrew's vocals in the second verse sounded great. I really like that chorus. I'm glad to see it making it's debut here. Let's see if this song hits #1 soon.
4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: It dropped out of the top spot. Though it did had a pretty good time spending 2 weeks at the top. I somehow still want this song to stay there.
3. Halsey - Without Me: It even debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm actually not happy about that. Now, back to my opinion. The production in this one was underwhelming and her autotuned vocals do not sound good. This better not be her second #1 song.
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: Good. This song is about to be back at the top. Let's see if it does next week.
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: I'm glad to see this song back at the top. Let's see how longit can hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (DEBUT)
2. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
3. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
4. James Arthur - Empty Space (DEBUT)
5. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me
6. Imagine Dragons - Machine
7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
8. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life (DEBUT)
9. Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me
10. Lauren Jauregui - Expectations
11. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way
12. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
13. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone
14. Olly Murs - Moves

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. Ava's vocals in this one are so heaven. It really shows how talented she is. I really love the way she can hit those high notes in the chorus. I'll have more words on this song when it debuts the countdown.


James Arthur - Empty Space: It's such a cool song. This is just a step up from Say You Won't Let Go. I love the production on this one and James's vocals are nice. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life: What an awesome song. I love everything about this one from Zara's vocals to the production. But it isn't as good as Never Forget You, but it is still awesome. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
None

1 - Bad:
20. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
19. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You
18. Loud Luxury/brando - Body

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Imagine Dragons - Natural
16. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan
15. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
14. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
13. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
12. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
10. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity
9. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
8. lovelytheband - Broken
7. Anne-Marie - 2002
6. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
5. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
4. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

Total Score: 93/100 = 93% (A-) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First.

    Let's get Kamikaze and Lie out of the countdown and let Thunderclouds stay on the countdown. I also love your new post, ATR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three of those songs are already off the voting poll, Chase.

      Delete
  2. Most talented reviewer on YouTube. Check him out: https://youtu.be/hfOohqljGpo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023