Imagine Dragons (1) Week Of November 3, 2018

Hello my fellow bloggers. We are now in the month of November. Wow. The year has gone by pretty fast. As for the countdown, it still looks great, but unfortunately that one exit this week is actually going to be crowned as my #1 song of the year, and it will forever be missed. Now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Lady Gaga - I'll Never Love Again
Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
The Vamps - Just My Type
Post Malone - Better Now
Weezer - Africa

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
The Countdown:
#45. NF - Lie (#44)
#44. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#45)
#43. Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams (#38)
#42. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#32)
#41. Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (#10)
#40. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (DEBUT)
#39. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#40)
#38. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (DEBUT)
#37. Loud Luxury/brando - Body (#35)
#36. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#39)
#35. Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan (DEBUT)
#34. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#34)
#33. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#33)
#32. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#28)
#31. Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free (DEBUT)
#30. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#30)
#29. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (#31)
#28. George Ezra - Shotgun (#15)
#27. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (DEBUT)
#26. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#26)
#25. Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore (#27)
#24. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#20)
#23. Kim Petras - Heart To Break (#24)
#22. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#13)
#21. Labrinth/Sia/Diplo - Thunderclouds (#18)
#20. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#21)
#19. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity (#22)
#18. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#25)
#17. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#8)
#16. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#16)
#15. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze (#23)
#14. Halsey - Without Me (#29)
#13. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#17)
#12. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#14)
#11. lovelytheband - Broken (#11)
#10. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#5) [TURN AROUND!!!!!!!!!!]
#9. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#12)
#8. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan (#19)
#7. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#3)
#6. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#7)
#5. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#9)
#4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#2)
#3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#4)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#1)
#1. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#6) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (3 of 4 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm really not surprised about the big jump this week from Halsey - Without Me (+15). But it doesn't make me happy at all.
But great news for me, Zedd/Elley Duhe - Happy Now (-31) has now been tied for the biggest drop of the year as it dropped all the way to the Bottom 5 from the Top 10. Thank you, voters! Now this needs to be out of here soon.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks: This is such an amazing pop-rock song. I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation (without Kesha). This is an interesting collaboration. Now, on to the song. I like the production on this one, both Luke Spiller and Kesha did a nice job on the verses, I love the use of guitars, I'm a fan of the lyrics, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if that'll do amazing on this countdown.

Twenty One Pilots - My Blood: This is another song that I heard a lot on Alt Nation. It was also this week's #1 song on the Alt-8. Now, on to the song. This song is just a step up from Legend, but it isn't as good as Jumpsuit or Nico And The Niners, but it is still awesome. I love the instrumentation in this one and Tyler's vocals are awesome. Let's see how far this one gets.

Tiesto/Dzeko/Preme/Post Malone - Jackie Chan: Of course, Tiesto has been a talented EDM producer. I usually stand for him because he has some amazing songs back then. But I gotta say, the main reason why this song is in dark red is because of Post Malone. Now, on to the song. The production is just flat-out boring, Post Malone's vocals are awful, Preme does not sound good in the verses, and I'm not a fan of the lyrics. I'll admit that the drop in the chorus sounded okay. This better not do amazing on this countdown.

Pitbull/Theron Theron - Free Free Free: After 2 years off, he has now made his return. Now, this song is such a cool song. I love the production on this one, Pitbull did a nice job on the verses and I love Theron Theron's vocals in the chorus and the last verse. Let's see how this one does here.

Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside: The best countdown debut this week. I pretty much already explained why this is amazing when it debuted the American Top 40 a few months ago. The production is amazing, Khalid's vocalssounded great in his verse, Halsey's vocals shine pretty much throughout the second verse, and that chorus is heaven. This needs to do amazing on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones: It re-entered the Top 5 this week. Let's see if this should go back to the top soon.
4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: No. I did not expect this song to drop. I would like it to see it at the top. It's going to be pretty boring if it doesn't.
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: I'm still glad that it's still at the Top 3. Let's see how long it can stay there.
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: It dropped out of the top spot. This has now become my new favorite song and it's going to be in my Top 10 songs of the year. But I'll be very pleased if this for whatever reason goes back to the top.
1. Imagine Dragons - Natural: It debuted the Top 5 this week to the top spot. It's crazy because this was the theme song for the 2018 NCAA College Football season. Now, back to my opinion. I love Dan's vocals in this one and I really loves the way he screams in the chorus. The song itself is very similar to Believer. I'm glad that it's at the top. Let's see how long it can hold that spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me
2. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
3. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
4. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (DEBUT)
5. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
6. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way
7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen (DEBUT)
8. Camila Cabello - Consequences
9. Alex Aiono - Big Mistake
10. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (DEBUT)
11. Shawn Mendes - Nervous
12. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone
13. Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine: This song now debuts Hit Bound replacing Legend. I could say that this one is just a step up from Legend. Though this song isn't as good as My Blood, but it's still awesome. Tyler has a cool voice in this one and I love the chorus. Let's see if it should make the countdown soon.

5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen: This version of the song is a cover by the original song by Queen. But I gotta say, this song was just decent. This is a step down from Youngblood. I really don't have much to say about this one. The production is decent, and the vocals are also decent. I'd be okay if this makes the countdown.

Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is now her comeback single. The last song we heard from her was Still Falling For You, which made it on to Hit Bound but never graduated on the weekend countdown 2 years ago. I could say that this one isn't as good as the latter, but it is still amazing. Ellie's vocals shine pretty much throughout the whole song, especially when she hits those high notes in the chorus. I love Swae Lee's verse in this one. This better make the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
None

1 - Bad:
20. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
19. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
18. Imagine Dragons - Natural
17. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan
16. Selena Gomez - Back To You
15. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
14. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
13. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
12. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
11. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
10. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
8. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity
7. lovelytheband - Broken
6. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
5. Anne-Marie - 2002
4. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
3. Walk The Moon - Kamikaze
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

Total Score: 95/100 = 95% (A) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Why do you hate Post Malone so much? He's way more talented than people and bands like Weezer, Lauv, Julia Michaels, etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new Twenty One Pilots song! And… Come on... Can you believe how many songs Panic! has on the countdown? I freaking love them! I really wish I could see them in concert :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do? And yeah. I would like to see Panic! At The Disco in concert, too.

      Delete
  3. I’m a huge fan of every song in the top five except for the Marshmello one.

    Why don’t you like Halsey’s “Without Me”? I enjoy her music and think that she is far better than most current faux-singers / performers!

    Again, I agree that Post Malone is garbaaaaaaaage. What a waste of airtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already explained why I don't like Without Me. Check my countdown post from last week.

      Delete
    2. And good. Post Malone was garbage. I really hate his vocals.

      Delete
  4. ATR, what are your top 5 Christmas songs??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question. How about I make it even better? I'll tell you my Top 10 Christmas songs. So here they are:

      10. Wham! - Last Christmas
      9. Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
      8. Dean Martin - Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
      7. Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
      6. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
      5. John Lennon/The Plastic Ono Band - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
      4. Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
      3. Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
      2. Thurl Ravenscroft - You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch
      1. Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Canon

      Delete
  5. What a great list! I love all the classics. #8 and #9 are awesome! My favorite is Nat King Cole’s Christmas Song and Andy Williams It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. They make me happy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023