The Chainsmokers (1) Week Of December 15, 2018

And of course, Tuesday was my birthday. I have turned 16. As for the countdown, we have another great #1 song this week, which is great. I'll get to that later on, also, my very first Year-End post is going to be out within a few days or so. But first, here's this week's countdown. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Loud Luxury/brando - Body
Alex Aiono - Big Mistake
Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman

Last Week's #1 Song: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
The Countdown:
#45. Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises (#43)
#44. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#44)
#43. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#42)
#42. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#41)
#41. George Ezra - Shotgun (#37)
#40. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#38)
#39. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#39)
#38. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#40)
#37. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#33)
#36. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity (#30)
#35. Olly Murs - Moves (DEBUT)
#34. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#35)
#33. Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan (#32)
#32. Lauren Jauregui - Expectations (DEBUT)
#31. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (331)
#30. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (DEBUT)
#29. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#20)
#28. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#28)
#27. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#25)
#26. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#26)
#25. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way (#29)
#24. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#22)
#23. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#27)
#22. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me (#19)
#21. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (#18)
#20. Camila Cabello - Consequences (#16)
#19. Shawn Mendes - Nervous (#13)
#18. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#24)
#17. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (#15)
#16. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#21)
#15. lovelytheband - Broken (#11)
#14. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#17)
#13. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#9)
#12. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#14)
#11. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#23)
#10. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#10)
#9. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#8)
#8. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#7)
#7. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#12)
#6. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#5)
#5. Halsey - Without Me (#6)
#4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#4)
#3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#1)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#3)
#1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Camila Cabello - Havana (1st and only week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

The jump back in the Top 20 from Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (+12) is what I'm happy about. Let's see if it'll be back at the Top 10 soon.
Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (-9) had the biggest drop this week. I'm actually okay with that, because it's just decent.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Olly Murs - Moves: Hits 1 edited out Snoop Dogg's verse in this one. Now, this song is such an awesome song. It has a nice production, and Olly has some cool vocals in this one. The chorus in this one was catchy. Let's see if it'll do great on this countdown.

Lauren Jauregui - Expectations: I really have no idea what's going on with this song. When I first heard it, I was like "What the heck is happening with this song?" But this song is just not good. The guitar in this one was okay, but Lauren's vocals in this one do not sound good. So yeah. I don't like this song. It's not awful, I do not hate it, I just don't like this song. I really hope this one doesn't do great on this countdown.

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: The best countdown debut this week. Ava's vocals in this one are heaven. It really shows how talented she is. Everything on this song was heaven. The production is heaven, the lyrics are heaven, and the chorus was heaven. I really hope this song becomes a hit.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Halsey - Without Me: Oh no! It re-entered the Top 5 this week! Please don't let this song hit #1 here!
4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: I really don't have anything to say about that. It's still pretty good that it's still in the Top 5.
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: It dropped out of the top spot. I somehow want this song to be back at the top.
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: Great. Let's hope it gets back at the top spot and I better hope it ties the record for most weeks at #1.
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling: I'm glad that it made it to the top spot. This is our second EDM song to feature a country singer to hit #1 here this year. The Middle spent 9 weeks at the top, and now this song is at the top. Let's see how long it can hold the spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Dan + Shay - Speechless
2. Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely
3. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
4. SeeB/Bastille - Grip (DEBUT)
5. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
6. Imagine Dragons - Machine
7. Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me
8. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
9. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
10. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
11. James Arthur - Empty Space
12. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999 (DEBUT)
13. Khalid - Better
14. Lauren Daigle - You Say (DEBUT)
15. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

SeeB/Bastille - Grip: If you guys remembered this EDM group, they made the remix to I Took A Pill In Ibiza back in 2016. And now, they're back. I love the production in this one and Dan Smith's vocals are so great. I enjoyed the drop in the chorus. Let's see if it'll make the countdown soon.

Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. The song itself is pretty similar to Anne-Marie - 2002, which has many references in the chorus, which are ...Baby One More Time and movies such as Titanic. Charli's vocals shine throughout the whole song, and Troye's vocals in the second verse are awesome. I really want to see this song debut the countdown.

Lauren Daigle - You Say: This song is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I love the production and Lauren has an amazing voice. The chorus is what I fell in love with. I'll have more words on this one when it debuts the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
19. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

1 - Bad:
18. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Imagine Dragons - Natural
16. Shawn Mendes - Nervous
15. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
13. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
12. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
10. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
9. lovelytheband - Broken
8. Dan + Shay - Tequila
7. Anne-Marie - 2002
6. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
5. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
4. Camila Cabello - Consequences
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

Total Score: 87/100 = 87% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. I’m not totally sure how I feel about the fact you’re 6 months older than me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023