The Chainsmokers (2) Week Of December 22, 2018

Hey my fellow bloggers. I really hope you enjoyed reading my first 2 Year-End posts. I will be posting my Top 10 songs of the year either today or tomorrow. So, look forward to check it out. But first, we send you right to the countdown. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
Shawn Mendes/Zedd - Lost In Japan
Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow
Taylor Swift - Delicate
Calvin Harris/Sam Smith - Promises

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
The Countdown:
#45. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#44)
#44. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#38)
#43. George Ezra - Shotgun (#41)
#42. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#42)
#41. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (#21)
#40. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#40)
#39. Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me (DEBUT)
#38. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#39)
#37. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (DEBUT)
#36. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#34)
#35. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity (#36)
#34. James Arthur - Empty Space (DEBUT)
#33. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#26)
#32. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way (#25)
#31. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#24)
#30. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#27)
#29. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#28)
#28. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (DEBUT)
#27. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (DEBUT)
#26. Shawn Mendes - Nervous (#19)
#25. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me (#22)
#24. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You
#23. Lauren Jauregui - Expectations (#32)
#22. Olly Murs - Moves (#35)
#21. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#12)
#20. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#6)
#19. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#7) [Woah, there!]
#18. lovelytheband - Broken (#15)
#17. Camila Cabello - Consequences (#20)
#16. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (#17)
#15. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#30)
#14. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#23)
#13. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#18)
#12. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#13)
#11. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#14)
#10. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#16)
#9. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#11)
#8. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#9)
#7. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#8)
#6. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#10)
#5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#3)
#4. Halsey - Without Me (#5)
#3. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#4)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#2)
#1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ed Sheeran - Perfect (1 of 2 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (+15) is finally gaining lots of airplay on pop radio charts. I'm pretty pleased about that.
Why do we want Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (-20) to have the biggest drop this week?! I'm not very happy about that. I thought it's going to do better than the Alt-18. But oh well. I guess I'll have to deal with it.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me: This song is just mediocre. It seems like he has been producing some mediocre songs like this. Now, on to my opinion. The vocals in this one are fine. But the production, however, is a little bit underwhelming. And I also still like the rap verse in this one. Let's see how this one does.

Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart: This is such an awesome song. I love the production on this one, Miley has some nice vocals in this one, and the lyrics are also nice. Let's see if it'll do awesome on this countdown.

James Arthur - Empty Space: This is such a cool song. I really really like this song. This song was a step up from Say You Won't Let Go. I really love the production in this one and James' vocals are nice. His shouting in the chorus does remind me of the pre-chorus of Never Be The Same where she hits those very high notes. And it sounds AMAZING!!!!!! This seriously needs to do amazing on this countdown.

Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine: This song was a step up from Legend. But not as good as My Blood, but it is still awesome. I'm glad that this song is joining My Blood on the countdown this week. Now, on to my opinion. Tyler's voice is cool and I love the chorus. I like the production on this one. Let's see how this one does here.

Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me: The best countdown debut this week. She has returned to the countdown after 2 years off. Now, Hits 1 edited out Swae Lee's verse in this one, which is not that good because I actually love his verse in this one. Now, on to the song. The production is amazing, Ellie's vocals shine pretty much throughout the whole song, especially when she hits those high notes in the chorus. This better do amazing on the countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood: It looks like this song is going to be out of here soon. I actually don't want that. I would like it to stay in there.
4. Halsey - Without Me: Oh god. No. Please don't let this song re-enter the Top 3. It seriously needs to stay out of the top spot.
3. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: Good. This song is back in the Top 3. Let's see if it'll go back to the top soon.
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: Can we please let this song go back at the top spot? I really want it to tie the record for most weeks at #1.
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini- This Feeling: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm happy that it's still there. I really hope this song could block Without Me from hitting the top spot.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Lauren Daigle - You Say
2. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
3. Dan + Shay - Speechless
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
5. Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely
6. SeeB/Bastille - Grip
7. Imagine Dragons - Machine
8. Pitbull/Rhea - Ocean To Ocean (DEBUT)
9. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over (DEBUT)
10. Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris - I Found You (DEBUT)
11. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
12. Khalid - Better
13. Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe (DEBUT)
14. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
15. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Pitbull/Rhea - Ocean To Ocean: This song was so awesome. It's just a step up from Free Free Free. The production on this one was awesome, Pitbull did a nice job on the verses, and Rhea's vocals are very awesome in the chorus. But the chorus is definitely the best part about this song, because it’s the exact same that they used in Weezer - Africa. That’s why I think the chorus is the best part of the song. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I'm glad that she's back to making more new music. I was a little worried that Hits 1 didn't pick up Head Above Water, but this song was actually better. This song was just heaven. Avril's vocals are heaven in this one, the production is heaven, the lyrics are heaven, the chorus was heaven, everything on this song was heaven. This is going to be in my Top 10 songs of next year when it debuts the countdown soon. I really hope it does.

Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris - I Found You: Of course, Calvin's not allowed to take on some vocals when he features someone. But this time, he actually takes on some vocals. I really love the work Benny does with the production, Calvin's vocals are awesome, and I love the chorus. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe: This song was awesome. This is his debut single here. The production here is so great, Stephen's vocals are awesome, and the lyrics are awesome. I'll have more words on this one when it debuts the countdown soon.

lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid: Not as good as Broken, but it's still outstanding. The vocals in this one are outstanding, the lyrics are outstanding and the chorus was amazing. This could be on Alt Nation soon. I've never heard this song on Alt Nation before, but let's see if this should debut the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
19. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

1 - Bad:
18. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
17. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Imagine Dragons - Natural
15. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
13. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
12. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
10. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
9. lovelytheband - Broken
8. Dan + Shay - Tequila
7. Anne-Marie - 2002
6. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
5. Camila Cabello - Consequences
4. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

Total Score: 84/100 = 84% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023