Halsey (2) Week Of January 19, 2019

Twenty One Pilots guest-hosted the Weekend Countdown this MLK Jr. Holiday weekend because Spyder Harrison is out for this weekend. I'm actually okay with that. Anyway. I don't have anything to say about the countdown this week. Though we are still in the Dark Ages of the countdown because of our #1 song. Anyway. Now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
Olly Murs - Moves

Last Week's #1 Song: Halsey - Without Me
The Countdown:
#45. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#45)
#44. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#44)
#43. George Ezra - Shotgun (#43)
#42. Jennifer Lopez - Limitless (DEBUT)
#41. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#41)
#40. Silk City/Dua Lipa - Electricity (#40)
#39. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way (#31)
#38. Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me (#42)
#37. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#36)
#36. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#37)
#35. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me (#34)
#34. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#35)
#33. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#32)
#32. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#29)
#31. Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely (DEBUT)
#30. lovelytheband - Broken (#24)
#29. Camila Cabello - Consequences (#26)
#28. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (#10)
#27. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#25)
#26. James Arthur - Empty Space (#22)
#25. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life (#30)
#24. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#8)
#23. Lauren Jauregui - Expectations (#23)
#22. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#33)
#21. Khalid - Better (#28)
#20. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#19) [STOP!!!!!!]
#19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#11)
#18. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#16)
#17. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#13)
#16. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#20)
#15. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#15)
#14. Imagine Dragons - Machine (#27)
#13. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#17)
#12. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#18)
#11. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (#21)
#10. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#12)
#9. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#9)
#8. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#14)
#7. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#7)
#6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#5)
#5. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#6)
#4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#4)
#3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#3)
#2. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#2)
#1. Halsey - Without Me (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Imagine Dragons - Thunder (4 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Imagine Dragons - Machine (+13) has finally made the Top 20. Though I am starting to get sick of Natural. But I'm glad that the former had the biggest jump this week.
Do we really need The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (-18) to drop all the way out of the Top 20 from the Top 10? That's so not cool. This needs to move up again.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Jennifer Lopez - Limitless: This song has failed to graduate on Hit Bound. Now, this is so much better than Dinero. I really love J-Lo's vocals in this one. They sounded so much better. The production is amazing. Since this song never graduated on Hit Bound, it's going to do amazing on the countdown. Let's see if it does.

Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely: The best countdown debut this week. As what I said, this song was amazing. It's definitely a step up from Growing Pains. Alessia has some amazing vocals, the production is also amazing, and I really love that chorus. This needs to do amazing on the countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies: It re-entered the Top 5 this week. I was very pleased to see that. Let's see if it'll have another chance at the top. Though I'm not sure if it'll be at the top, but hopefully it does.
4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: I'm actually running out of things to say about this one. It's been in the Top 5 for a long time. Though I still think this song was pretty good.
3. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes: Whew. I'm glad it's still in there. Now, I still want it to stay in the Top 3 for a few weeks longer.
2. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling: I actually don't have anything to say about this one. I'm still waiting for it to be back at the top.
1. Halsey - Without Me: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I don't know why it's still at the top. That is not good. This better leave the spot next week.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
2. Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd - Lost In The Fire (DEBUT)
3. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
4. SeeB/Bastille - Grip
5. Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe
6. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More
7. Lauren Daigle - You Say
8. Jake Miller - Wait For You (DEBUT)
9. Post Malone - Wow.
10. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me
11. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
12. Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris - I Found You
13. Pitbull/Rhea - Ocean To Ocean
14. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
15. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd - Lost In The Fire: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is a new EDM artist. I actually never heard of them before this song. But this song was just an amazing song. The production is amazing, the vocals are amazing, the chorus was amazing, the drop is amazing, everything on this song was amazing. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

Jake Miller - Wait For You: Of course, he had quite a few songs trending on the YouTube 15, including this one. Now, this song is just decent. I'm not big on the production. But I like Jake's vocals in this one. I'll be okay if it makes the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
19. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

1 - Bad:
18. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
17. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly

3 - Decent:
16. Imagine Dragons - Natural

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
14. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
13. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
12. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
11. Imagine Dragons - Machine
10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
9. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
8. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone
7. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
6. Dan + Shay - Tequila
5. Anne-Marie - 2002
4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

Total Score: 82/100 = 82% (B-) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. Wow ATR. This post is just so heaven. I love how you think many of the songs are heaven. It’s just heaven to read. I think even some of the awful songs have heaven elements to them. I really think that all this green on this really light background is just heavenly heaven. I really hope you keep heavenly making these heaven posts. Have a heaven day and a heaven week and a heaven month and a heaven year and a heaven life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023