The Chainsmokers (6) Week Of February 23, 2019

What I heard today is that the Oscars is going to be on tonight. But I won't watch it because I haven't seen the nominated films. But the best thing about that is the performance from Queen. I'm looking forward to see their performance. Anyway. Now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

James Arthur - Empty Space
Imagine Dragons - Machine
Benny Blanco/Calvin Harris - I Found You

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
The Countdown:
#45. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#44)
#44. Jennifer Lopez - Limitless (#40)
#43. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#45)
#42. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#37) [KEEP DROPPING!!!!!!]
#41. lovelytheband - Broken (#41)
#40. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#30)
#39. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#36)
#38. George Ezra - Shotgun (#43)
#37. Zedd/Katy Perry - 365 (DEBUT)
#36. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#33)
#35. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (DEBUT)
#34. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#35)
#33. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life (#29)
#32. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#32)
#31. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me (DEBUT)
#30. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#31)
#29. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999 (#25)
#28. Lauren Daigle - You Say (#20)
#27. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#23)
#26. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#19)
#25. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#24)
#24. Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe (#15)
#23. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#16)
#22. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me (#34)
#21. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#22)
#20. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#13)
#19. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#39)
#18. Khalid - Better (#28)
#17. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over (#18)
#16. SeeB/Bastille - Grip (#27)
#15. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#12)
#14. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#17)
#13. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#21)
#12. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#5)
#11. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#10)
#10. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#8)
#9. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (#14)
#8. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#11)
#7. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#7)
#6. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#2)
#5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#9)
#4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#4)
#3. Halsey - Without Me (#3)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#6)
#1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#1) [6th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (1st and only week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (+20) has finally made the Top 20! That was the best week for them ever!
As far as Jake Miller - Wait For You (-10) having the biggest drop this week, I don't see this one becoming a hit. But I'm actually okay with that.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Zedd/Katy Perry - 365: After all the trash he put out last year, he finally made a much better song. Now, this one was definitely better than The Middle and Happy Now. Everything on this song was so much better and Katy's vocals are so outstanding. Here's to hoping that this song should become a big hit on this countdown.

Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More: The best countdown debut this week. I heard this song a lot on The Highway. This was such an amazing country-pop song. I really enjoyed that production, Kelsea has an amazing voice, and that chorus was so catchy. Let's see if this could do better than the Highway Hot 30.

Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me: This song was just mediocre. To me, this song was just a step down from Finesse. I do not like Cardi B.'s verses in this one and the production in this one was okay. But Bruno sounded awesome in the chorus. Let's see how far this one gets.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I was very pleased to see that. That was pretty awesome to see her first song making the Top 5 this week. This was such a pretty heaven song. The production is pretty heaven, Ava's vocals are pretty heaven, the lyrics are pretty heaven, the chorus was pretty heaven, everything on this song was pretty heaven. I'm pretty sure this song is going to be in my Top 10 songs of this year. Can this song be her first-ever #1 song on here. I really hope so. Let's see if it'll be at the top soon.
4. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier: I really don't have anything to say about this one. Though it's pretty good that it's still in there.
3. Halsey - Without Me: Can we please let this song be out of the Top 3 and not get back at the top? I'm honestly just so tired of hearing this song.
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It: It even debuted the Top 5 this week. Now, back to my opinion. I love the instrumentation, Brendon's vocals are amazing, the lyrics are awesome, and the chorus was fantastic. Let's see it'll be their 4th #1 song.
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I think this song is also going to become a big hit like Closer is. Let's see if it is.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Kelsy Karter - Harry
2. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
3. Grandson - Apologize
4. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
5. LSD (Labrinth/Sia/Diplo)/Lil Wayne - Genius (Remix)
6. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
7. Maren Morris - Girl
8. Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd - Lost In The Fire
9. Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell
10. Post Malone - Wow.
11. YUNGBLUD/Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (DEBUT)
12. Meghan Trainor - All The Ways
13. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
14. Rita Ora - Let You Love Me
15. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

YUNGBLUD/Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes: This song was just mediocre. There's nothing interesting about this song. YUNGBLUD's vocals are not good and Halsey sounded okay in the chorus. But I like Travis' vocals in his verse. Also, there's this really long outro in this one that I don't like. I expected to dislike this song. Since this song is in blue right now, it is getting close to red than in green.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
19. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

1 - Bad:
18. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
17. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly 

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
15. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
13. Khalid - Better
12. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
11. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
9. SeeB/Bastille - Grip
8. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
7. Dan + Shay - Tequila
6. Anne-Marie - 2002
5. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
2. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside

Total Score: 84/100 = 84% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023