The Chainsmokers (7) Week Of March 2, 2019

As far as the Oscars go, I thought that it went very good. Also, I really liked the performance from Queen. They did a really good job performing. Other than that, the Oscars went very good. Anyway. I don't have anything else to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
The Countdown:
#45. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#45)
#44. lovelytheband - Broken (#41)
#43. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#43)
#42. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#30)
#41. Jennifer Lopez - Limitless (#44)
#40. George Ezra - Shotgun (#38)
#39. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#42) [NO!!!!!!!!!!]
#38. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#34)
#37. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#25)
#36. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#39)
#35. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#36)
#34. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#40)
#33. Lauren Daigle - You Say (#28)
#32. Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe (#24)
#31. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (DEBUT)
#30. Zedd/Katy Perry - 365 (#37)
#29. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#26)
#28. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#12)
#27. David Guetta/Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#27)
#26. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (DEBUT)
#25. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me (#22) [DON'T DROP!!!]
#24. SeeB/Bastille - Grip (#16)
#23. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me (#31)
#22. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#35)
#21. Khalid - Better (#18)
#20. The Chaunsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#19)
#19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#14)
#18. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#23)
#17. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#20)
#16. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#21)
#15. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#7)
#14. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#15)
#13. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#11)
#12. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over (#17)
#11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#32)
#10. Dan + Shay  Tequila (#10)
#9. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#13)
#8. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#6)
#7. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (#9)
#6. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#4)
#5. Halsey - Without Me (#3)
#4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#8)
#3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#5)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2)
#1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#1) [7th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (1 of 9 weeks at #1) [Yuck...]

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (+21) has been going strong on the pop radio charts. That was their best week ever. Let's see if it'll be in the Top 10 next week.
5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (-16) is about to start losing airplay. I know this song is old, but I'm never going to get sick of it because this was their best song ever.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting: I heard this song on Alt Nation before and this song was just decent. I don't think Lil Peep sounds good here. I know I'm not huge on Lil Peep's music. Other than that, Makonnen's vocals sounded pretty generic in his verse. But Patrick's vocals sounded absolutely amazing in the chorus. I'll admit that the production sounded decent here. So yeah. This is just a decent alt-pop song. I'd be okay if this one does great on here.

Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar: The best countdown debut this week. This is definitely their best song ever. It's definitely better than their other songs. Now, this was such a heaven song. This song was a mix between Demons and Walking The Wire, which are two songs that I enjoyed back then. Dan's vocals in this one are heaven, the production is heaven, the chorus was heaven, the lyrics are heaven, everything on this song was heaven. This should probably be in my Top 10 songs of this year. Let's see if it'll do heaven on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Halsey - Without Me: Great. This song was finally dropping. Now, this needs to be out of here next week. I'm so tired of hearing this song.
4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm actually okay with that, because the song was just mediocre. This is his first song to hit the Top 5 on here. Now, back to my opinion. The production is okay, but Alec's vocals sound underwhelming and childish in this one. But if this song hits #1, I'll be okay with that.
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: I was so pleased about this song being in the Top 3 this week. It's getting close to the top spot. I really hope it does go to the top spot, because this song was pretty heaven.
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It: I thought that this song was going to be #1 this week. Let's see if it does next week.
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. Something tells me it's going to become a much bigger hit than Closer. If it hits #1 for one more week on here, it's going to tie Closer's record for most weeks at #1. Let's see if it does.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
2. Post Malone - Wow.
3. Maren Morris - Girl
4. P!nk - Walk Me Home (DEBUT)
5. Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell
6. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
7. Kelsy Karter - Harry
8. Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (DEBUT)
9. Meghan Trainor - All The Ways
10. Ally Brooke - Low Key (DEBUT)
11. Grandson - Apologize
12. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (DEBUT)
13. LSD (Labrinth/Sia/Diplo)/Lil Wayne - Genius (Remix)
14. YUNGBLUD/Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes
15. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
16. Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

P!nk - Walk Me Home: After A Million Dreams became popular on AC radio, this song now debuts here. Now, this was such an outstanding song. I really like the production in this one, P!nk's vocals are absolutely outstanding, and I really enjoyed the chorus. I'll have more words on this when it debuts the countdown.

Austin Brown - In Betweenin': This is just a mediocre song for me. I found Austin's vocals to be childish in this one. Though this song was catchy, but I don't see the appeal to this song. I'll be okay if it debuts the countdown.

Ally Brooke - Low Key: I don't really know what's going on with this song, but this song was just garbage. The production is so bland and generic, Ally's vocals are very awful, and that chorus was so egregious. And what I also heard about this song is that it's her talking about how she wants Tyga to have sex with her, which was awkward. I really hope this doesn't debut the countdown.

Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Of course, I've been enjoying their older music back then. And now, they finally made their big return this week. I really love their vocals in this one and the production is absolutely awesome. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I know I'm a fan of Kygo. He's one of my favorite EDM artists since It Ain't Me, which was ranked at #6 on my Top 10 Songs Of 2017. Now, we have this song. Now, this song was such a fantastic song. Valerie's vocals are heaven, the production is fantastic, the chorus was just heaven and the drop sounded fantastic. I really hope this song makes the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
19. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

1 - Bad:
18. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
17. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
15. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeing
14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
13. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
12. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
11. Dan + Shay - Speechless
10. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
9. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
8. Dan + Shay - Tequila
7. Anne-Marie - 2002
6. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
5. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
4. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
3. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
2. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside

Total Score: 84/100 = 84% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First.

    Yes I said it. First of all when This Feeling stayed at #1, should it reign the longest run tying Zedd's "The Middle"? I'm just asking. And nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is quite similar to another one I just read...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023