AT40: Ariana Grande (2) Week Of April 6, 2019

Once again, this is another late post. I know I can't find any motivation to commit to my blog lately. Now, I'm trying to catch up on my posts. But first, here's the AT40 from a couple of weeks ago. Not much to say about this one, but we have one exit this week that's in my Bottom 5 songs of last year. I was so pleased about that. I don't have anything else to say about that, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Dua Lipa - Swan Song
Madison Beer/Offset - Hurts Like Hell
Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams

Last Week's #1 Song: Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
The Countdown:
#40. LIVVIA - Damn (#40)
#39. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#37)
#38. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me (#38)
#37. lovelytheband - Broken (#35)
#36. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (DEBUT)
#35. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#33)
#34. Ally Brooke/Tyga - Low Key (DEBUT)
#33. Post Malone - Better Now (#31)
#32. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (DEBUT)
#31. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#29)
#30. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#36)
#29. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#27)
#28. Zedd/Katy Perry - 365 (#30)
#27. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#25)
#26. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#34)
#25. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#23)
#24. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#28)
#23. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#21)
#22. Lauren Daigle - You Say (#24)
#21. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#20)
#20. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#22)
#19. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#16)
#18. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#18)
#17. FLETCHER - Undrunk (#17)
#16. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#19)
#15. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#15)
#14. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me(#14)
#13. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#11)
#12. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#13)
#11. Post Malone - Wow. (#12)
#10. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#10)
#9. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#7)
#8. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#6)
#7. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#9)
#6. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#5)
#5. Khalid - Better (#8)
#4. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#4)
#3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#3)
#2. Halsey - Without Me (#2)
#1. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (1 of 2 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I was so glad to see Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (+8) moving up to the Top 30 this week. She had the best week ever here.
I was so pleased about Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (-3) having the biggest drop this week. Though it's still in the Top 20, which is not good. This needs to be out of here next week.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me: What an amazing song. I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. This is definitely a big step up from Happier. The production was amazing, Lauren Mayberry's vocals sounded absolutely amazing, the lyrics are what I'm a fan of, the chorus was pretty amazing, and that drop sounded absolutely amazing. I really wish this one becomes a hit.

Ally Brooke/Tyga - Low Key: I'm really not sure what's going on with this song, but this song is garbage. Literally, it's just her talking about how she wants Tyga to have sex with her in this song, which is so awkward. Anyway. Now, for this song, the production is so bland and generic, Ally's vocals are awful, the lyrics are putrid, and that chorus was so egregious. This better not become a hit.

Mabel - Don't Call Me Up: She finally made her first appearance on this countdown. Back when I first listened to this song, I realized that she has been another talented singer. As far as the song goes, it was amazing. The production was amazing, Mabel's vocals are super amazing, the lyrics are very amazing, the chorus was extremely amazing, everything on this song was amazing. I really hope this one becomes a hit.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Khalid - Better: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I was so glad about that. Now, back to my opinion. Everything on this song was awesome. The production is awesome, Khalid's vocals are awesome, the lyrics are awesome, and the chorus was awesome. Let's see if it'll be at the top soon.
4. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. Let's see if it does next week.
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside: I'm pleased that it's still there. I somehow want this song to stay in there for a little while longer.
2. Halsey - Without Me: Can this be the end of this song here? I really hope it's next week, because this song was just not a good song for me.
1. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm glad that it's still there. Let's see how long it can be on here even more.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
Alessia Cara - Out Of Love
Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke
Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
Maroon 5/Future - Cold
DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper - No Brainer
Bad Bunny/Drake - MIA
The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
18. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
16. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
15. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me

3 - Decent:
14. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
13. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
12. Khalid - Better
11. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
10. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
9. FLETCHER - Undrunk
8. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
7. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
6. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
5. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 70/100 = 70% (C-) [Mediocre]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023