AT40: Ariana Grande (3) Week Of April 13, 2019

Hey guys. I apologized about the long delay. My motivation has been lacking the past several weeks. Hopefully I'll try to catch up on my posts. But first, let's get to this late post. I don't have much to say about this countdown. So, let's just get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me
LIVVIA - Damn

Last Week's #1 Song: Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
The Countdown:
#40. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman (#40)
#39. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (DEBUT)
#38. lovelytheband - Broken (#37)
#37. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (DEBUT)
#36. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (DEBUT)
#35. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#35)
#34. Post Malone - Better Now (#33)
#33. Ally Brooke/Tyga - Low Key (#34)
#32. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#31)
#31. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#32)
#30. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#29)
#29. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#30)
#28. Zedd/Katy Perry - 365 (#28)
#27. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#25)
#26. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#36)
#25. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#21)
#24. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#26)
#23. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#23)
#22. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#24)
#21. Lauren Daigle - You Say (#22)
#20. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#19)
#19. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#20)
#18. FLETCHER - Undrunk (#17)
#17. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#18)
#16. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#13)
#15. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#15)
#14. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me (#14)
#13. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#16)
#12. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#6)
#11. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#12)
#10. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#9)
#9. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#8)
#8. Post Malone - Wow. (#11)
#7. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Danicng With A Stranger (#10)
#6. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#7)
#5. Khalid - Better (#5)
#4. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#3)
#3. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#4)
#2. Halsey - Without Me (#2)
#1. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix) (2nd and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I was so pleased to see Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (+10) gaining lots of airplay on the pop radio charts. What a week for them.
I was also pleased about Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (-6) having the biggest drop this week as it dropped all the way out of the Top 10. Now, this needs to keep dropping. I had it with this song.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over: This song is definitely Billie's best song ever. This was such an amazing song. Her voice is actually amazing in this one. Also then that, the production was amazing, the lyrics are definitely amazing, and I fell in love with the chorus. I really hope this one becomes a hit.

Alessia Cara - Out Of Love: This is definitely a step up from Trust My Lonely. It's actually a piano ballad, which was interesting. Alessia's vocals are outstanding here, the piano sounded amazing, the lyrics are marvelous, and the chorus was spectacular. Let's see how this one does here.

Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It: What an awesome song. I've already explained why this song was awesome several times when it's on the countdown. I really love the instrumentation, Brendon's vocals are amazing, the lyrics are awesome, and that chorus was just fantastic. Since this song spent several weeks at #1 on the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, I could see it do amazing on here. Let's see if it does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Khalid - Better: I'm glad that it's still in there. Though I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. Let's see if it does soon.
4. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside: I don't want this song to be out of the Top 3. I want it to be back in there. Let's see if it does next week.
3. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me: I'm glad to see this song being in the Top 3. Now, let's see if it'll be at the top soon.
2. Halsey - Without Me: Is this the end of it? I sure hope so, because it has been on here for a long time. I really want this song to drop.
1. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm glad that it's still there. Let's see if it could stay in there even more.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
18. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
16. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
15. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me

3 - Decent:
14. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
13. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
12. Khalid - Better
11. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
10. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
9. FLETCHER - Undrunk
8. Ellie Goujlding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me
7. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
6. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
5. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 70/100 = 70% (C-) [Mediocre]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First.

    I surely agree with you on Low Key, Without Me and thank u, next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023