Jonas Brothers (3) Week Of April 13, 2019

I really don't have anything to say about this countdown. Though a lot of our exits this week are short tenured countdown songs. Though we do have some amazing debuts this week, which I'll get to that later. That's all I have to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Meghan Trainor - All The Ways
LSD (Labrinth/Sia/Diplo)/Lil Wayne - Genius (Remix)
Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell
Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#45. Khalid/Normani Kordei- Love Lies (#43)
#44. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#42)
#43. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#20)
#42. Maren Morris - Girl (#37)
#41. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me (#38)
#40. FLETCHER - Undrunk (DEBUT)
#39. Grandson - Apologize (#31)
#38. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#37)
#37. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#33)
#36. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#28)
#35. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#26)
#34. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#25)
#33. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#14) [WHAT?????!!!!!]
#32. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (DEBUT)
#31. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (DEBUT)
#30. Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (#22)
#29. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#29)
#28. Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde (DEBUT)
#27. Lizzo - Juice (#34)
#26. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#12)
#25. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (DEBUT)
#24. YUNGBLUD/Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#27)
#23. Post Malone - Wow. (#36)
#22. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#23)
#21. Ally Brooke - Low Key (#32)
#20. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#19)
#19. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#30)
#18. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#15)
#17. Khalid - Better (#24)
#16. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#8)
#15. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#11)
#14. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#17)
#13. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#16)
#12. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#21)
#11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#18)
#10. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#13)
#9. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#7)
#8. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#4)
#7. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (#9)
#6. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#10)
#5. Halsey - Without Me (#6)
#4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#3)
#3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#2)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#5)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (6 of 9 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm not too thrilled about Post Malone - Wow. (+13) having the biggest jump this week. This better not make the Top 20.
But the great news for me, Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (-23) had the biggest drop this week all the way to the Bottom 5 from the Top 20. I'm so pleased about that. Now, this song needs to be out of here.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

FLETCHER - Undrunk: What an amazing song. I've already explained why this song was amazing on the American Top 40. The production is amazing, her vocals shine pretty much throughout the whole song, the lyrics are outstanding, and that chorus was amazing. Let's see how far this one gets.

Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me: I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. It's such an amazing alt-pop song. Though it wasn't as good as Friends, but it's a huge step up from Happier. The production was amazing, Lauren Mayberry's vocals are absolutely amazing, the lyrics are what I'm a fan of, the chorus was pretty amazing, and the drop was so amazing. Let's see if this one becomes a hit on here and the Alt-18.

Ciara - Thinkin Bout You: What an amazing song. And of course, I've been enjoying her older music back then. As far as this song goes, the production was marvelous, Ciara's vocals are absolutely amazing, and that chorus was heaven. Let's see if this becomes a hit.

Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde: The best countdown debut this week. Though it's not as good as Tell Me It's Over, but this was such a fantastic song. The production was fantastic, Avril's vocals are fantastic, Nicki's verse is fantastic, the lyrics are fantastic, the chorus was fantastic, everything on this song was fantastic. I really hope this one becomes a hit.

Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored: This song was just decent. There's nothing interesting about this song. Ariana's vocals sounded awesome here, but I'm not huge on the production. So yeah. It's just decent. I'll be okay if this one does well on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Halsey - Without Me: Oh my god! It's back in the Top 5! I did not expect it to be back here. It's just a bad song. I don't hate it, it's not awful, but I just don't like it. This needs to be out of here next week.
4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top. Let's see if it does soon.
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: I don't really want this song to drop. I really want it to be at the top spot, because this song was pretty heaven. Let's see if it does next week.
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It: Great. It's almost back in there. Let's see if it'll be back at the top soon.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. Wow. This song has been going strong on here. These guys had an amazing return with this song becoming a hit on here.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (DEBUT)
2. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend
3. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
4. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (DEBUT)
5. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
6. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less
7. Ava Max - So Am I
8. Jonas Brothers - Cool
9. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
10. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (DEBUT)
11. Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
12. Jordan McGraw - Flexible
13. Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine (DEBUT)
14. Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
15. The Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road: I know this is a country song, because it has a couple of country elements. But it's actually not. This is a trap song that no one wants to hear. Now, as far as the song goes, this song is garbage. Lil Nas X is definitely not a great singer. His vocals in this one are grating. And the production and the beat sounded terrible. I could say that Billy Ray somewhat saved the song. But I gotta admit, this song was a garbage song to listen to. This is probably going to end up being in my Bottom 10 songs of this year. I really hope this one doesn't debut the countdown.

BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv: This song was just decent. Though I'm not huge on the production, but BTS's vocals are awesome. But what I also noticed is that Halsey sang a few lines and nothing else in this song, which wasn't that good. I wish she could sing more lines in this one, because personally, I think she has been a talented singer. But overall, the song was decent. I'd be okay if this one debuts the countdown soon.

Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other: He was the guest host for Hit Bound this week. And of course, since Let Me Down Slowly hit the Top 5 on the countdown, this song now debuts Hit Bound. But I gotta say, this song was also mediocre. Though it's a step up from Let Me Down Slowly. The production sounded good, but I still don't like his voice. He still sounds childish in this one. So yeah. It's just mediocre. Let's see if this debuts the countdown soon.

Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine: This is the only great debut this week. Of course, this song was mediocre at first, but then it's gotten better with a few more listens. Now, this song was such an amazing song. It's definitely a step up from Limitless. J-Lo's vocals sounded really amazing here, the production is fantastic and the chorus was amazing. French Montana has also crushed his verse. I really hope this one could be on the countdown soon.

The Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly: Of course, they have been a talented EDM producer. But I gotta say, this song was not good. Andrew Taggart's vocals are not good here and the production is so boring. I'll admit that the drop sounded okay here. Of course, they were doing amazing in their other songs. But this song was just bad. Come on, they should've known better. I really hope this doesn't debut the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
None

1 - Bad:
20. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
19. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
18. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
17. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
16. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
15. Khalid - Better
14. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
13. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
12. Dan + Shay - Speechless
11. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
10. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
9. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
8. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
7. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
6. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
5. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
2. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First. (And Waffle, don’t you dare say anything.)

    Well this song Old Town Road needs to debut the countdown and I still love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a funny song to me! Definitely gets stuck in your head though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice countdown ATR! JLo is back!!!!!!!!! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 Recommendation of the Week: Florence + the Machine - Jenny of Oldstones

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Old Town Road is a funny song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023