AT40: Ariana Grande (5) Week Of April 27, 2019

I really don't have anything to sat about this one. Though we did lose a song that's in my Top 10 songs of this year, and of course, it will forever be missed. That's all I have to say about this one, so let's just get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
lovelytheband - Broken
Dan + Shay - Tequila

Last Week's #1 Song: Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
The Countdown:
#40. Benny Blanco/Tainy/Selena Gomez/J. Balvin - I Can't Get Enough (DEBUT)
#39. Jonas Brothers - Cool (DEBUT)
#38. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#37)
#37. Khalid - Talk (#38)
#36. Post Malone - Better Now (#35)
#35. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (DEBUT)
#34. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix) (#33)
#33. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#34)
#32. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#31)
#31. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#36)
#30. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#32)
#29. Khalid/Normani Kordei -  Love Lies (#28)
#28. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#30)
#27. Ally Brooke/Tyga - Low Key (#29)
#26. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#25)
#25. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#24)
#24. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#26)
#23. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#22)
#22. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#23)
#21. Lauren Daigle - You Say (#20)
#20. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#19)
#19. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#21)
#18. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#16)
#17. FLETCHER - Undrunk (#17)
#16. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#18)
#15. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#14)
#14. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me (#13)
#13. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#15)
#12. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#12)
#11. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#11)
#10. Post Malone - Wow. (#9)
#9. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#10)
#8. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#6)
#7. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#7)
#6. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#5)
#5. Halsey - Without Me (#3)
#4. Khalid - Better (#4)
#3. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#8)
#2. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#2)
#1. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#1) [5th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (2 of 4 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over and Jonas Brothers - Sucker (+5) are finally moving up! This was the best week that they ever had!
I was so pleased to see Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next having the biggest drop of the week this week. But what's also tied for the biggest drop of the week this week was Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho, which I'm not too thrilled about, and Halsey - Without Me (-2) which I'm happy to see. Now, this needs to be out of here next week.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Benny Blanco/Tainy/Selena Gomez/J. Balvin - I Can't Get Enough: This song was just mediocre. There's nothing interesting about this song. This song was definitely a big step down from Eastside. The production is okay, Selena's vocals are just decent, and the chorus was okay. J. Balvin does not sound good in his verse. So yeah. It's just mediocre. Let's see how far this one gets.

Jonas Brothers - Cool: I've already explained why this song was outstanding when it debuted Hit Bound. The production is outstanding, the vocals sounded amazing, and I stand for the chorus. Let's see how this one does.

Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road: I know a lot of people say that this is a country song, but it's actually not. It's just a trap song that nobody wants to hear. Though it does have a couple of country elements. But it's still a crappy trap song. Now, this song was absolutely pure garbage. I pretty much already explained why this was a crappy song when it debuted the countdown last week. Lil Nas X's vocals definitely sounded grating in this one. He really is not a good singer. And the production and the beat is terrible. Though I could say that Billy Ray somewhat saved the song. You know, I've been enjoying Billy Ray's music back then. But I gotta say, this song was definitely a garbagy trap song to listen to. This'll probably end up being in my Bottom 10 songs of this year. I really hope this one doesn't become a hit.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Halsey - Without Me: Finally! It's almost out of here. Let's see if it'll be out of the Top 5 next week, because to me, this song was just a bad song.
4. Khalid - Better: I'm still waiting for it to be in the Top 3. Let's see if it'll be in there next week.
3. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm glad that it's there. I've already explained my opinion multiple times. Let's see if it'll be #1 soon.
2. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me: Oh come on. I really want this song to be at the top. I really hope it does next week.
1. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. I'm still glad that it's still at the top. But I still prefer a different song to be at #1. Let's see how long it can stay on here.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
19. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
18. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
17. Halsey - Without Me

2 - Mediocre:
16. Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me

3 - Decent:
15. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
14. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
13. Khalid - Better
12. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
11. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
10. FLETCHER - Undrunk
9. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me
8. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
7. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
6. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
5. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 75/100 = 75% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023