AT40: Jonas Brothers (2) Week Of May 11, 2019

So, I'm officially out of school. I'm now going to try and catch up on my late posts. I really don't have anything to say about this countdown. There's a mixture of great and bad things happening on here. We do have some okay debuts this week. That's all I can say about his one, so let's get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Lauren Daigle - You Say
Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (Remix)

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#40. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#39)
#39. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (DEBUT)
#38. Post Malone - Better Now (#37)
#37. Benny Blanco/Tainy/Selena Gomez/J. Balvin - I Can't Get Enough (#38)
#36. Drax Project/Hailee Steinfeld - Woke Up Late (#40)
#35. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (DEBUT)
#34. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#33)
#33. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#34)
#32. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#31)
#31. Khalid - Talk (#36)
#30. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#29)
#29. Ally Brooke/Tyga - Low Key (#27)
#28. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#30)
#27. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#26)
#26. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#28)
#25. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#32)
#24. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#22)
#23. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#24)
#22. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#19)
#21. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#21)
#20. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#25)
#19. FLETCHER - Undrunk (#16)
#18. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#15)
#17. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#18)
#16. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#17)
#15. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#12)
#14. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#14)
#13. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#20)
#12. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#13)
#11. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#11)
#10. Khalid - Better (#8)
#9. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#10)
#8. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#3)
#7. Halsey - Without Me (#7)
#6. Post Malone - Wow. (#9)
#5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#6)
#4. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#2)
#3. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#5)
#2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#4)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (4th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over finally had the biggest jump this week! I was extremely pleased about that. But unfortunately, Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (+7) has tied for the biggest jump this week. I'm so mad about that.
I did not expect Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (-5) to be out of the Top 5. I really want it back in there.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land: I'm not sure what's going on with this song, but this song is just trash. This is definitely a huge step down from Drew Barrymore. I don't think Bryce sounds great and the production is just boring. And YG's verse sounded absolutely horrible. This better do poorly on here.

BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv: I've already explained why this song was decent back when it debuted the countdown last week. I'm not huge on the production, but BTS's vocals sounded awesome. And I do noticed that Halsey only sang a few lines in this song. Nothing else. I really wish she could sing more lines in this one, because to me, she has been a talented singer. But overall, this song was pretty decent. I'd be okay if this one does great.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I was very pleased to see that. I've already explained my opinion on this song in my other posts. This was such a pretty heaven song. The production was pretty heaven, Ava's vocals are pretty heaven, the lyrics are pretty heaven, the chorus was pretty heaven, everything on this song was pretty heaven. I'm really hoping it should be at the top on here soon.
4. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings: I really don't want this song to be out of the Top 3. I somehow want this song to be back in there. Let's see if it does soon.
3. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored: She actually replaced herself in the Top 3 this week. Though I'm okay with this song being on there.
2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: I'm glad that it's almost at the top. Let's see if it'll be at the top soon.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm glad that it's still there. Let's see how long it can be on there even more.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

AJ Mitchell - All My Friends
Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma
P!nk - Walk Me Home
NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Jason Derulo - Want To Want Me
Cardi B./Bruno Mars - Please Me
Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
Maroon 5 - One More Night
Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/Watt - Let Me Go
Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne - Rather Be
DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm The One
Rihanna/Mikky Ekko - Stay
Drake - In My Feelings

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
18. Halsey - Without Me
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
15. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Khalid - Better
13. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
12. FLETCHER - Undrunk
11. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me
10. Jonas Brothers - Cool
9. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
8. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
7. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
6. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
5. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023