AT40: Jonas Brothers (3) Week Of May 18, 2019

I really don't have anything to say about this one. Though we do have some okay exits. But one of them was actually going to be in my Bottom 10 songs of this year, which was amazing. And we also have amazing debuts this week. That's all I have to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

FLETCHER - Undrunk [ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????!!!!!]
Ally Brooke/Tyga - Low Key

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#40. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#40)
#39. Benny Blanco/Tainy/Selena Gomez/J. Balvin - I Can't Get Enough (#37)
#38. Post Malone - Better Now (#38)
#37. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#39)
#36. Drax Project/Hailee Steinfeld - Woke Up Late (#36)
#35. Ariana Grande - Breathin' (#34)
#34. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma (DEBUT)
#33. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#32)
#32. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#33)
#31. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#30)
#30. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (#35)
#29. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#23)
#28. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#27)
#27. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#28)
#26. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#24)
#25. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#26)
#24. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#22)
#23. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#25)
#22. Khalid - Talk (#31)
#21. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#21)
#20. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#18)
#19. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#20)
#18. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#15)
#17. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#17)
#16. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#14)
#15. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#16)
#14. Khalid - Better (#10)
#13. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#11)
#12. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#8)
#11. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#12)
#10. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (DEBUT)
#9. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#9)
#8. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#13)
#7. Halsey - Without Me (#7)
#6. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#4)
#5. Post Malone - Wow. (#6)
#4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#5)
#3. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#3)
#2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#2)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (1 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm so glad to see Khalid - Talk (+9) having the biggest jump this week into the Top 30. Let's see if it'll be in the Top 20 soon.
I'm not too thrilled about the biggest drop this week from Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (-6). It better not be out of the Top 30.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma: This is such an outstanding song. Though this song is nowhere near as good as Despacito, but it is still outstanding. I love Daddy Yankee's vocals in this one, and it's so nice for Katy to sing Spanish. Her vocals sound outstanding in this one. Other than that, the Latin vibe sounded amazing. Let's see how this one does here.

Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!: The best debut this week. This is easily one of the best collaborations we've ever gotten. Now, this song was definitely amazing. The production sounded marvelous and Taylor's vocals sounded amazing. Even Brendon sounded amazing in his contribution. And wow. That chorus was just heaven. I was actually surprised about this song debuting all the way into the Top 10. And with that, I highly doubt it's going to do heaven on here. Let's see if it does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Post Malone - Wow.: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm not too thrilled about that. I do not like his music at all. Now, back to my opinion. The production on this one was boring, Post Malone's vocals are so bad, and I'm not a fan of the lyrics. I really hope this song doesn't go to the top.
4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: I'm glad it's almost in the Top 3. Now, I really want it to be in there next week, because it is a pretty heaven song. Let's see if it's in the Top 3 next week.
3. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored: I'm actually okay with this song still in that spot. I really don't have anything to say about that.
2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: How is it still at that spot? Come on, this better be at the top very soon. I really hope it does.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I was so pleased about this song still being on here. Let's see how long it can be on here even more.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

AJ Mitchell - All My Friends
P!nk - Walk Me Home
NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Lauren Daigle - You Say
Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss
The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down
Zedd/Foxes - Clarity
Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
Justin Bieber - Sorry
Drake/Rihanna - Too Good
Lukas Graham - Love Someone
Imagine Dragons - Demons
The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
18. Halsey - Without Me
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
15. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Khalid - Better
13. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
12. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me
11. Jonas Brothers - Cool
10. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
9. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
8. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
7. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
6. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
5. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
4. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023