Jonas Brothers (7) Week Of May 11, 2019

Hey guys. First of all, I apologized about the very long delay. I've been super busy the past weeks. But I'll try and catch up on my posts. But first, here's the countdown from 3 weeks ago. Kid Kelly guest hosted the weekend countdown that weekend because Spyder Harrison is on vacation. Not much to say about this countdown, so let's just get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Austin Brown - In Betweenin'
Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
Anne-Marie - 2002
Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#45. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#41)
#44. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#30)
#43. Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde (#38)
#42. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (DEBUT)
#41. Ally Brooke/Tyga - Low Key (#37)
#40. YUNGBLUD/Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#25)
#39. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#39)
#38. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#40)
#37. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#17)
#36. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#34)
#35. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#33)
#34. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (DEBUT)
#33. Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine (DEBUT)
#32. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#19)
#31. Khalid - Better (#20)
#30. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#21)
#29. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#26)
#28. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (#32)
#27. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (#29)
#26. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#36)
#25. Lizzo - Juice (#24)
#24. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#28)
#23. Post Malone - Wow. (#31)
#22. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#16)
#21. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#22)
#20. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (#35)
#19. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#23)
#18. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#7)
#17. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (DEBUT)
#16. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#21)
#15. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#14)
#14. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#18)
#13. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#15)
#12. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#10)
#11. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#11)
#10. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#12)
#9. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#13)
#8. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#8)
#7. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (#9)
#6. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#6)
#5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
#4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#2)
#3. Halsey - Without Me (#5)
#2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#4)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [7th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (1st and only week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (+15) had the biggest jump this week as it enters the Top 20. I'm actually okay with that.
I'm not too thrilled about Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (-20) dropping all the way out of the Top 30 from the Top 20. This song better gain more airplay on the pop radio charts and this needs to move back up on here.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Billie Eilish - When  The Party's Over: The best countdown debut this week. She actually has 2 songs debuting the countdown this week. We're going to start with this one. This song is definitely Billie's best song ever. This song was just heaven. Everything on this song was heaven. The production is heaven, Billie's vocals are heaven, the lyrics are heaven, and I fell in love with that chorus. I really hope this one does amazing on this countdown.

Billie Eilish - Bad Guy: I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation before and this song was just decent. When The Party's Over is definitely better than this one. Now, on to my opinion. Her vocals sound decent and the production is okay. I'd be okay if this one does well, but I really want When The Party's Over to do heaven on this countdown.

Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine: What an amazing song. At first, I thought that this song was mediocre. But then after, I gave it a few more listens, and now it's amazing. This song is definitely a huge step up from Limitless. J-Lo's vocals sounded really amazing, the production is fantastic, the chorus was amazing, and French Montana crushed his verse. Let's see if this one does better here.

Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: This was such an outstanding song. This was definitely a step up from Lost In Japan. Shawn's vocals sounded outstanding, the production is remarkable, and I stand for the chorus. Let's see if this one does amazing on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: No. Just no. I don't want it to be out of the Top 5. I really want this song to be back in the Top 3. It's such a pretty heaven song and I really wish it could be back in there.
4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love: Oh come on. Can we seriously get this song back in the Top 3? I know Hits 1 is in love with those two. I really want it to be back in the Top 3.
3. Halsey - Without Me: Oh no! It's back in here! This seriously needs to drop and be out of here. I had it with this song.
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It: It's nice to see this song back in the Top 3. Let's see if it'll be back at the top.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Holding the top spot for the 7th week in a row. Wow. This song is seriously doing super amazing on here. It only needs to stay at the top for 5 more weeks to tied the record for most weeks at #1. Let's see if it does.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (DEBUT)
2. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (DEBUT)
3. SZA/The Weeknd/Travis Scott - Power Is Power
4. The Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly
5. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
6. Ava Max - So Am I
7. Jonas Brothers - Cool
8. Kygo/Rita Ora - Carry On
9. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
10. Khalid - Talk (DEBUT)
11. Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
12. P!nk - Hustle
13. Jordan McGraw - Flexible
14. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me
15. Bazzi - Paradise

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Mabel - Don't Call Me Up: I've already talked about this one when it debuted the AT40. I realized that she has been as talented singer back when I first listened to it. Now, for this song, it was amazing. The production was amazing, Mabel's vocals are super amazing, the lyrics are very amazing, the chorus was extremely amazing, everything on this song was amazing. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: This was such an interesting collaboration. Now for this song, this was such an amazing song. Though this song wasn't as good as Perfect, but it is still amazing. Ed's vocals sounded amazing in this one, Justin's vocals also sounded amazing, and I really love that chorus. I really hope this one makes the countdown next week.

Khalid - Talk: I've also talked about this one when it debuted the AT40 a few weeks ago. This was such an awesome song. This is definitely a step up from Better. The production on this one is so awesome, Khalid's vocals are outstanding, I love those lyrics, and that chorus was amazing. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Halsey - Without Me

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
19. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly

3 - Decent:
18. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv
17. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
15. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
14. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
13. Dan + Shay - Speechless
12. P!nk - Walk Me Home
11. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me
10. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
7. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
6. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
5. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
4. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
3. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
2. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. When The Party's Over has got to be one of the most boring songs I've ever heard. I'm not sure how one finds that one "heaven" and Thank U Next to be "boring and underwhelming".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023