AT40: Jonas Brothers (4) Week Of May 25, 2019

I really hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend. I really don't have anything to say about this one, though it still looks okay. There's a mixture of good and bad things happening on this countdown this week. That's all I have to say, so let's get to this late post. Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
Ariana Grande - Breathin'
Benny Blanco/Tainy/Selena Gomez/J. Balvin - I Can't Get Enough

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#40. Maroon 5/Cardi B.- Girls Like You (#40)
#39. AJ Mitchell - All My Friends (DEBUT)
#38. Post Malone - Better Now (#38)
#37. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (DEBUT)
#36. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#37)
#35. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#33)
#34. Drax Project/Hailee Steinfeld - Woke Up Late (#36)
#33. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#31)
#32. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#32)
#31. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#28)
#30. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma (#34)
#29. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#26)
#28. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (#30)
#27. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#24)
#26. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#27)
#25. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#25)
#24. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#21)
#23. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (DEBUT)
#22. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#20)
#21. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#23)
#20. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#13)
#19. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#16)
#18. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#18)
#17. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#19)
#16. Khalid - Better (#14)
#15. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#17)
#14. Khalid/Disclosure - Talk (#22)
#13. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#12)
#12. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#15)
#11. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#9)
#10. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#11)
#9. Halsey - Without Me (#7)
#8. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#10)
#7. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#8)
#6. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#6)
#5. Post Malone - Wow. (#5)
#4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#4)
#3. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#3)
#2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#2)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [4th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (2 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm glad to see Khalid/Disclosure - Talk (+8) being in the Top 20 this week. Let's see if it'll be in the Top 10 soon.
I'm not too thrilled about the big drop this week from Dean Lewis - Be Alright (-7). At least it's still in the Top 20, so that's still good.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

AJ Mitchell - All My Friends: This was such an awesome song. The production in this one sounded awesome and AJ has a nice voice in this one. The lyrics are definitely what I'm a fan of. Let's see how this one does.

Billie Eilish - Bad Guy: I've already explained why this song was decent before in my other posts. The production is okay and her vocals are decent. The chorus sounded decent as well. I'd be okay if this one does awesome here, but let's see how far it gets.

Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: This was such an outstanding song. This is definitely a step up from In My Blood and Lost In Japan. The production sounded remarkable, Shawn's vocals sounded outstanding, and that chorus was definitely what I stand for. I really hope this one does outstanding on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Post Malone - Wow.: How is it still in there? Seriously. I don't want this song to be at the top spot. This better not move up.
4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: Oh come on. I really want it to be in the Top 3. I'm pretty sure it's going to next week. Let's see if I'm right.
3. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored: I'm actually okay with this song still being in there. I really don't have anything else to say about that.
2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: I'm still waiting for it to be at the top spot. Let's see if it does soon.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Wow. This song has been doing so amazing on here. Let's see how long it can stay there.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
18. Post Malone - Wow.
17. Halsey - Without Me

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
15. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Khalid - Better
13. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
12. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me
11. Khalid/Disclosure - Talk
10. Jonas Brothers - Cool
9. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
8. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
7. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
6. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
5. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
4. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023