AT40: Jonas Brothers (5) Week Of June 1, 2019

I really don't have anything to say about this one. Though we do have a mixture of good and bad things happening on this countdown. Other than that, we have some good debuts this week. That's all I have to say, so let's just get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
Drax Project/Hailee Steinfeld - Woke Up Late
Post Malone - Better Now

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#40. Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (#40)
#39. Lizzo - Juice (DEBUT)
#38. AJ Mitchell - All My Friends (#39)
#37. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#33)
#36. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (DEBUT)
#35. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#33)
#34. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#36)
#33. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#28)
#32. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#32)
#31. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#26)
#30. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#37)
#29. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#27)
#28. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (#28)
#27. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#24)
#26. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#26)
#25. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#22)
#24. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma (#30)
#23. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#20)
#22. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#25)
#21. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#13)
#20. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#17)
#19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#18)
#18. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#21)
#17. Khalid - Better (#16)
#16. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (DEBUT)
#15. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#23)
#14. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#12)
#13. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#15)
#12. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#11)
#11. Khalid - Talk (#14)
#10. Halsey - Without Me (#9)
#9. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#10)
#8. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#6)
#7. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#8)
#6. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#7)
#5. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#3)
#4. Post Malone - Wow. (#5)
#3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#4)
#2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#2)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [5th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (3 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (+8) is finally gaining airplay on the pop radio charts. What a week for him!
Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (-8) has unfortunately dropped out of the Top 20. I'm not happy about that. I really want it to be back in here.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Lizzo - Juice: This was just a decent song. I'm not a fan of her voice. Her voice sounds weird in this one. Other than that, I could say that the production in this one sounded fine. The chorus in this one sounded okay. Let's see how far this one goes.

NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close: This was such an awesome EDM song. I've already explained why this song was awesome in my other posts. The production on this one sounded awesome, I really love the vocals, the lyrics are nice, the chorus was awesome, and the drop was awesome. Let's see how this one does.

Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: This was such an amazing song. Though it's not as good as Perfect, but it is still amazing. It's such an interesting collaboration. Now, on to my opinion. The production sounded remarkable, Ed's vocals sounded amazing, Justin's vocals also sound amazing in his contribution, and that chorus sounded amazing. I really hope this one does amazing on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored: I'm actually okay with this song dropping. It's just a decent song. I really don't have anything else to say.
4. Post Malone - Wow.: Oh no! I don't want this song to be in the Top 3! This better drop and it needs to not be at the top spot.
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: I'm very pleased to see it in the Top 3. I'm really hoping this song should block Wow. from the Top 3, because this song was pretty heaven. Let's see if that happens.
2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: I don't know why it's still in that spot. I somehow still want it to be at the top. Let's see if it does soon.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. I'm glad that it's still there. Man, this song has been doing super amazing on the pop radio charts. Though I do prefer a different song to be at #1, but let's see how long it'll stay in there.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
18. Post Malone - Wow.
17. Halsey - Without Me

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Khalid - Better
14. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
13. Khalid - Talk
12. Jonas Brothers - Cool
11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
10. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
9. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
8. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
7. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
6. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
5. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
4. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023