AT40: Sam Smith (1) Week Of June 8, 2019

Not much to say about this one. Though we do have a brand new #1 song this week on here, which was amazing. Other than that, we have some amazing debuts this week. That's all I have to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Dean Lewis - Be Alright
Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#40. P!nk - Walk Me Home (DEBUT)
#39. Khlid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#37)
#38. Lizzo - Juice (#39)
#37. AJ Mitchell - All My Friends(#38)
#36. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#35)
#35. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (#36)
#34. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#33)
#33. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#34)
#32. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#31)
#31. Halsey - Nightmare (DEBUT)
#30. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#29)
#29. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#32)
#28. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#27)
#27. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (#28)
#26. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#25)
#25. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#26)
#24. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#30)
#23. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#21)
#22. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma (#24)
#21. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#22)
#20. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#19)
#19. Khalid - Better (#17)
#18. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#18)
#17. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#13)
#16. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#20)
#15. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#12)
#14. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#14)
#13. Halsey - Without Me (#10)
#12. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#15)
#11. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#9)
#10. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#16)
#9. Khalid - Talk (#11)
#8. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#8)
#7. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#7)
#6. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#6)
#5. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#5)
#4. Post Malone - Wow. (#4)
#3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
#2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1)
#1. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (4 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm actually okay with Billie Eilish - Bad Guy having the biggest jump this week. It's just decent. And also what's tied for the biggest jump this week is that Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (+6) has made it to the Top 10 this week. I'm glad to see that.
I'm not too thrilled about Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (-4) having the biggest drop this week. Though it's still in the Top 20, so that's still good.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

P!nk - Walk Me Home: This was such an amazing song. The production sounded so amazing, the vocals are absolutely outstanding, I'm a fan of the lyrics, and I really enjoyed that chorus. Let's see if it'll do amazing on here.

Halsey - Nightmare: The best debut this week. As what I said, it was a very amazing song. The production sounded amazing, Halsey's vocals sounded heaven, and that chorus sounded marvelous with her screaming. I really hope this one does amazing on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored: I'm actually fine with this song still being in here. I don't have much to say about this one.
4. Post Malone - Wow.: Thank god it didn't go to the Top 3 this week. Now, this seriously needs to stay out of the Top 3 and it needs to drop.
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: I'm so pleased that it's still there. I seriously want this song to remain in the Top 3 and not let Wow. be in there. It's such a pretty heaven song.
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: It dropped out of the top spot. Though it did had a nice run at the top. I somehow want it back in the top spot soon.
1. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: I'm glad to see it at the top. Not much else to say about this. Let's see how long it can stay in there.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine
Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up
5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
Dan + Shay - Speechless
Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Avicii/Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up
Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
Natalie La Rose/Jeremih - Somebody
Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
Drax Project/Hailee Steinfeld - Woke Up Late
Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance
Calvin Harris - Feel So Close

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
18. Halsey - Without Me
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Khalid - Better
14. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
13. Khalid - Talk
12. Jonas Brothers - Cool
11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
10. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
9. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
8. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
7. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
6. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
5. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
4. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
2. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023